#133: Last Gasp

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
LenticularHomicide said:
Quellist said:
Smithnikov said:
I miss this series being about a young gamer's malaise and dealing with severe depression. I hope I'm not alone in that.
I get the impression that was only ever the setup for the actual story, sad to say.
Given that the 'crushing depression' strips are the first dozen or so (before not-Halo), and the interlude between games (Rad flushes Erin's pills), I think that it's more of Grey not wanting that particular thread to wear out its welcome, and so pacing it carefully. We've most assuredly not seen the last of it.
I hope not, i'm less than sold on the 'meta-stories', they are too much like every other strip parodying gaming tropes

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
I'm going to make a couple guesses here:

1. He can't speak. So, he needs to text "Whatever."
2. He is going to will his motorcycle to someone before he dies.

Meanwhile Erin is still dying (not alone) in the background.
On that note, if the nurse can't heal Ersatz-Cloud, what chance does Erin have? She drank actual poison to make her death look real, and she's still lying on the cart.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
canadamus_prime said:
Must be a cutscene.
But how do we define a cuscene in a setting where everything and nothing is a cutscene. In a comic there is no suhc transition because it was never interactive to begin with

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
CyanCat47 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Must be a cutscene.
But how do we define a cuscene in a setting where everything and nothing is a cutscene. In a comic there is no suhc transition because it was never interactive to begin with
A big hint is they're in an elevator. Everyone knows Elevators are for character development.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Must be a cutscene.
Instant kill bullet and her healing magic's inexplicably not working.
Ukomba said:
A big hint is they're in an elevator. Everyone knows Elevators are for character development.
Also this.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Clankenbeard said:
I'm going to make a couple guesses here:

1. He can't speak. So, he needs to text "Whatever."
2. He is going to will his motorcycle to someone before he dies.

Meanwhile Erin is still dying (not alone) in the background.
My money is on updating his status.
Even odds on ending it with #whatever though.