Fallout 4 Is Fully Complete, Awaiting Deployment

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Fallout 4 Is Fully Complete, Awaiting Deployment

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/657572737364398080]
No surprise delays - Fallout 4 is now 100% complete, and ready to be rolled out.

For all of you Bethesda Studios Twitter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/fallout%204?os=%20fallout%204] has just posted the status update you'll see to the right, confirming that the game is 100% complete, printed, and ready to be shipped into your hands.

"Oct 23rd - the bombs have fallen. Fallout 4 is complete. All 27 versions," wrote Bethesda. To prove it, the picture shows all of the 27 versions, which no-doubt refers to the PS4, PC and Xbox One editions of the various regions the game will launch in, alongside their respective collector's editions.

So the game is ready, and sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting for its release date. Get hype!

Source: Bethesda [https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/657572737364398080]

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Good, I'll have one when you've worked out the bugs, then. (Pattern recognition, people. ALL the Fallout games had bugs, regardless of who made them. I love Fallout, but I savvy that one.)

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
I hope they realize that this means every reviewer is going to give them a paddling if they release a day-one patch...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So, another couple of weeks before I need to plug my ears lest the rapturous howls of the choir drive me nuts.

Then another six months or so before I can unplug them, once everyone has calmed down and the cries of, "Best game ever", have gone mysteriously silent.

Truly, there are few things sadder than being left behind as the hype train leaves the station.

wulfy42

Jan 29, 2009
Why don't they just release it now then? I mean....it's ready to go, we paid for it already (alot of us at least), so give it to us.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
FalloutJack said:
Good, I'll have one when you've worked out the bugs, then. (Pattern recognition, people. ALL the Fallout games had bugs, regardless of who made them. I love Fallout, but I savvy that one.)
You are mostly talking about Fallout Tactics aren't you? I hear too much bad things about that game but I still need to complete Fallout and Fallout 2. PC games do not age well.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Zhukov said:
So, another couple of weeks before I need to plug my ears lest the rapturous howls of the choir dirve me nuts.

Then another six months or so before I can unplug them, once everyone has calmed down and the cries of, "Best game ever", have gone mysteriously silent.
Tell me about it, If I wasn't getting it for free I wouldn't be buying it at launch.

Always reminds me of the Skyrim thing: "Best game ever!!".. if Skyrim was/is the best game ever then I must like really shit games...

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
So, only a couple of more weeks before my sister buys it and I get to find out of Fallout 4 is more or less broken than Skyrim.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Fallout games but Bethesda Game Studio isn't exactly known for releasing stable games.

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
Well, that's good news.

I don't remember when was the last time Bethesda released a 100% complete game, it's good to see they're stepping it up.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
Bethesda games being buggy is par for the course. Daggerfall even had at least one fan-made program to fix savegame files - to remove stuck quests, fix broken quest items, stuff like that.

Expect patches, many patches. And even after all the patches, expect glitches.

Nevrim

Apr 15, 2009
Thanks to the bugs I still haven't been able to finish new vegas campaign.
Fallout 4 can wait.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
So a November release as planned. Anyone taking bets for what date all of the worst game-breaking bugs will be patched out by either Bethesda or by the wonderful modding community?

I'm going to try to actually show show some willpower on this one and hold off on buying until Easter, when lots of stuff should be fixed, cool mods will be coming out (including replacements for the broken UI, because the UI is ALWAYS broken) and I might get a few quid off in the steam sale too. Hopefully it won't take that long to do the "community beta test" (which Bethesda call a "release" for some strange reason) that every other Fallout and TES game has gone through though.

I totally love Fallout New Vagas, I totally love Skyrim, and they are currently at my number 1 and 2 spot for most hours played on Steam (over 1600 hours between them!), but even patched and modded up the ying-yang they are still the buggiest games I play. I really hope Fallout 4 is just as awesome but I'd settle for slightly less awesome if they'd just kill some bugs, and let me play a stable game please!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I haven't pre-ordered, sorry Bethesda, it just makes no sense to me. But...umm, well, can we have it now then? Pleaaaaase? I am looking forward to my first pre-patched Bethesda experience, it sounds quite hiliarious.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
008Zulu said:
pookie101 said:
im expecting bugs .. lots of them but i preordered just the same
Me too, but I only preordered the standard version.
same the collectors editions didnt have anything i wanted plus couldnt afford them anyhow.. which is part of the reason i preordered it.. was getting it anyhow but wouldnt have the money after release

one of the ways around skyrim bugs is not to accept quests until you actually plan to do them. apparently the wonderful scripting system it uses tends to forget thing which leads to uncompletable quests etc

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
FalloutJack said:
To be fair mate the hilarious bugs that happen in Bethesda games are part of the fun!Maybe Dogmeat will decide to be subterranean or grow invisible wings. The possibilities are endless!

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
I am looking forward to my first pre-patched Bethesda experience, it sounds hiliarious.
The novelty wears off quickly. Especially if you don't encounter amusing bugs, just the good ole scripts stopping you from completing quests.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
errrm isn't that a given? like...since this game is suposed to be coming out this november? I mean I'd be kind of worried if it wasn't finished

Zhukov said:
now that I recall this does kind of seem to be a thing with bethesda games

well more like elder scrolls games, and FO3 was pretty much "post apocalyptic elder scrolls"