Fallout 4 Is Fully Complete, Awaiting Deployment

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Zhukov said:
So, another couple of weeks before I need to plug my ears lest the rapturous howls of the choir drive me nuts.

Then another six months or so before I can unplug them, once everyone has calmed down and the cries of, "Best game ever", have gone mysteriously silent.

Truly, there are few things sadder than being left behind as the hype train leaves the station.
6 Months? Nah, you just need to make it to December. The new Disney Star Wars movie will take over from that point forward :)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Reading about people discussing bugs here makes me wish Fallout 4 would ship with a manual on how to use the dev console commands for w/e bugs and problems you might encounter.
Or just a primer on common debugging commands, something, anything.

Because my initial rush of endorphins at being told Fo4 was finished came down when I remembered the hard truth of beth games... Way too many of my games have been broken by bugs or glitches of some kind and I'd spend almost as much time looking on the internet for solutions to each new problem I encountered instead of actually playing the game.

I'll be waiting for christmas at least I reckon before giving Fo4 a chance.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Complete! So... there won't be a shit-ton of DLC heading our way in a few months then.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
That's not a bug. It is called features, homage for the games like Fallout 3 to replicate the seething emotion you have felt once your game crashes and saves corrupted.

EndlessSporadic

May 20, 2009
Nice to hear that an AAA is actually finished before its release date (even if they barely made it). What I hope to take from this (and hope is correct) is that they are not working on DLC and instead are either moving onto other ventures or are in full bugfix mode.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
wow 27 i would freak if we had like 10 skus of something like that where i work

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I expect some bugs, since it's Bethesda...

But Pip-Boy.

The Pip-Boy overrode my usual trepidation about games and general willingness to wait out the worst of a product/game's initial fuckery.

17. Days. So. Excite.

Hell, it's even prompting me to upgrade my GTX 760. I'm committed, damn it.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
BoogieManFL said:
Eh, I ran in to issues from time to time as well but I guess I am lucky because I've rarely had the issues that so many other people talk about. Usually just an odd side quest or NPC was was borked, usually fixed eventually. At least in open world games there is other stuff to do if an area doesn't work correctly. Not nearly as bad as more linear games where such issues can be a real road block.

I think some people underestimate how much instability even trivial mods can add. Not saying that makes it alright but it's something to consider.
Well, I don't know about everybody else, but I've bought every Bethesda game since Morrowind and on Day 1 except for Morrowind itself and the most significant bugs I've ever run into with any of their games is stuff like rocks missing some textures on occasion or a radscorpion sticking halfway through the ground, nothing game breaking or save destroying. I include New Vegas in that BTW.

I'd say people like the two of us actually compose most of the playerbase. I don't think millions of people would love Bethesda games so much and keep buying from them Day 1 by the aircraft carrierload if their reputation for releasing really buggy games was actually true for the vast majority of people that play them.

Captcha: work out. Yes captcha, this will work out in the end.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Floppertje said:
I hope they realize that this means every reviewer is going to give them a paddling if they release a day-one patch...
wulfy42 said:
Why don't they just release it now then? I mean....it's ready to go, we paid for it already (alot of us at least), so give it to us.
This is not how anything, let alone videogames work.

a) It needs to be shipped.
b) You don't plan to release immediately after manufacturing the discs, unless you really have a burning desire to miss your release date.
c) You don't release early just because you managed to not fuck up manufacturing your game discs and packaging. Especially when you have agreements in place with reviewers for review copies and launch-day reviews.

And yeah, since they do have that time, it's entirely plausible that they'll be able to implement bug fixes. Why the fuck would anyone chuck a tantrum about patching out bugs?

Nevrim

Apr 15, 2009
[ quote ]
[ quote ]
[ user ]Nevrim: [ /user ]
Thanks to the bugs I still haven't been able to finish new vegas campaign.
Fallout 4 can wait.[ /quote ]
[ quote ]
[ user ]HeadsProuter[ /user ]
Are you the type to bail out the moment you see a creature clipping into the environment or are you actually encountering quest bugs?[ /quote ]
Played for nearly 50 hours and spent 10 of those trying to progress through the quest.
It was broken, and since I found several other bugs that had annoyed me I stopped playing

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Strange, I see the boxes and the bobble head...but I do not see sings of a Pokemon gym.

And I so had my Fire, Rock and Flying teams ready to do battle... *sigh*

Apr 5, 2008
The main reason I'm happy for this game is that it's Beth's first "next gen" game. Skyrim was a 360 game built with 360 limitations. Maps, ai, decals, meshes and textures were last gen, even when my pc was more powerful at the time them both the xbone and ps4 combined.

Now a new gen Beth game with fewer limitations, hopefully better all of the above and an all round larger, more immersive experience. Can't wait ☺

Apr 5, 2008
Also, there's no reason to think there won't be a toolset released around or sometime after release. I don't particularly care for Boston as a setting, but I don't doubt the open world goodness, fun and community mods and support will be every bit as enjoyable as their previous games. I wonder whether there'll be any form of co-op built in.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Fully completed with glitches guaranteed to AT LEAST get you to the Trending page.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Who cares about bugs when you can just use the dev console to fix them :).

Sorry XB1 and PS4 players , i recommend you wait, or buy it on a better platform :).

I will be waiting a few weeks anyway, its always best to do that for anything. He said as he pre orders the park.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Finishing the game before release?

Announcing the game the summer just before release so that there is reasonable time between announcement and release?

Game industry, are you taking notes? THIS is how you do it.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Oh, great! That way people will be able to upload the hilarious bugs videos sooner!