Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the Official Title of Episode VIII

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the Official Title of Episode VIII

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1376/1376770.jpg

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
I think everyone is also missing the bigger picture here, and that is the traditional yellow stencil outline is dark side red. It could be an allusion to Kylo in some shape or form along with the title.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Eugh i hope this isn't an excuse to kill off Luke so Rey becomes the last jedi left.

Actually whilst am wishing for stuff, i'd like it of luke survives all the events of this new trilogy, make him the sole survivor out of the old cast and avoid the "old mentor dies" cliche.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I'm really hoping they can proved me wrong into thinking it's The Empire Strike Back remake. Also no I don't think Luke will be killed off althought it make me wonder if Rey decline to be a Jedi.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Silentpony said:
*sigh* Oh well. I guess a remake of Empire Strikes Back won't be a bad way to end the year.
I was about to say this

And Luke will most likely die

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Ezekiel said:
Silentpony said:
*sigh* Oh well. I guess a remake of Empire Strikes Back won't be a bad way to end the year.
Rian Johnson doesn't want his movie to be dark. He doesn't believe the middle has to be darker, like Empire. People have called his script weird, which sounds interesting.
Is that the script where it turned out Rey was the reincarnation of Anakin that Luke made in some weird Jedi Temple force ritual thing?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Would a rose by any other yadda yadda you know the rest. Though the Brick and Looper guy? Does this mean Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be in it?

Dec 16, 2009
My take after a million YouTube theories on VII.
Rey gives in to the anger you could see on her face in the light sabre battle, becoming sith.
Luke never truly considered/believed in himself to become a Jedi.
Kylo Ren gets "seduced by the light" leading him down a path of redemption by fighting Rey the new sith on the block. Therefore making him the Last Jedi.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
...Did they really call it the Skywalker Saga?

Was it really too much to hope Rey WASNT Luke's daughter?

You know other people exist besides the Skywalkers, right? Why does it have to be some lineage BS?

I mean...unless that one idea where Rey turns evil and Ren becomes the hero happens (He -is- a Skywalker by blood afterall). Seriously, if that does happen and they stick to it, all the credit.

Edit: Also more Jedi please! Seriously. I was hoping to see more light sabers, not less.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Saelune said:

You know other people exist besides the Skywalkers, right? Why does it have to be some lineage BS?

I mean...unless that one idea where Rey turns evil and Ren becomes the hero happens (He -is- a Skywalker by blood afterall). Seriously, if that does happen and they stick to it, all the credit.

Edit: Also more Jedi please! Seriously. I was hoping to see more light sabers, not less.
Want Lightsabres? Here you go:

All these movies just proves to me the old Expanded Universe was much more better and interesting than whatever the house of mouse can spawn.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Saelune said:

All these movies just proves to me the old Expanded Universe was much more better and interesting than whatever the house of mouse can spawn.
Say what you will about the prequels, the fights were awesome. I was hoping that VII would have started with atleast a few Jedi in training under Luke to go against a renewed Sith-type group.

Ezekiel said:
Saelune said:

The credits of The Force Awakens show Adam Driver's name before any of the other new actors, so maybe this was always his trilogy. I don't think Rey is a Skywalker. Everybody predicts Rey is a Skywalker. It would be super lame. And I agree, I don't need every character to be related to every other character.
I remember first hearing about that idea and was immediately like "What? Thats dumb". But then I think most of VII was dumb, and I lack faith in those in charge.

I kinda hate destiny/fate in fiction. Even more so when tied to a family, since thats very uninspiring for us "low borns" aint it?

I know the series started steeped in that, but they could have used this trilogy to pull away from that.

Whatever, we will see. But if it is just a rehash of Empire Strikes Back, Im done.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:

So you prefer battles over story. Good to know. The cartoon was spectacle more than anything. It didn't have a compelling overarching story.
Id rather have both.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Rey is by far the least charismatic lead in all of Star Wars, and that's saying something.