Zero Punctuation: Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Condemned 2: Bloodshot

This week on Zero Punctuation, Condemned 2: Bloodshot and the phrase "errant turds."

Watch Video

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Ah, always sad to see something turn sour after a little while and shit all over itself with something that completely destroys the atmosphere.
Well, that hasn't happened with ZP so far and may it never!

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Damn did the game really pull that story move too? Thats kinda sucks...

Portoparty

Feb 27, 2008
awesome
theres so much controversy about this game, I was wondering if yahtzee was going to take a swing at it.

edit: wait, thats manhunt..

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Brilliant and hilarious. It's unfortunate that the game took a dive off a cliff halfway through, but lucky for me I was planning on getting it and now Yahtzee just saved me $60. Instead I'll just go back to enjoying the original Condemned. Woo!

IronicSilver

Apr 16, 2008
You should really put these out as podcasts as well (if possible) I find them absolutely hilarious and I can watch them a thousand times over, but it would be nice to have them on an iPod! (or whatnot)

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Made me snort and cast my mind back to the brix-shittery of Condemned. Oddly enough, I concurr with Yahtzee's opinion that many games tent to bail out with the 'Freaky Cult Did It' bullcrap which smacks of developers hitting a brick wall and instead of trying to be all enigmatic, instead bulldozing all previous success in a wave of obviousness and cliche'.

peeps

Feb 13, 2008
gd review and totally agree. i never played condemned 1 (shame on me) but i knew the basic story. i was really enjoying condemned 1 untill like you say the second half where it gets a bit 'super powerish' and theres assualt rifles everywhere. it became more of a mainstream action game at this stage rather than in the first half where u were constantly kept on edge by great level design, combat, atmosphere etc.

Kenkaku

Nov 7, 2007
That bit about 'like the serial murder right behind you, don't turn around!' actually made me look over my shoulder ¬_¬

So from what I can get from both Condemned games is that the first had some good things going for it as well as some mishaps whereas the second one fixes some of those mishaps but creates some new ones... and it all boils done to whether or not you want to get the backstory by playing the first one first.

I'll probably check these out sometime.

Oh, and I'll gladly risk being hurled out of a plane and landing anus first on top of Winchester Cathedral in order to tell you, Yahtzee, that you MUST review Boom Blox for the Wii once it's released (May 6th-ish or so, and I checked Australia's release calender to confirm that this game will come to you at the same time that it will for your best friends across the ol' pond). I'd say you'd probably have a lot of fun making a review for this one, and we'll enjoy listening to it.

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
great as ever Yahtzee

i did enjoy Fahrenhiet (I'm English)but i do have to admit that the storyline got kinda messed up towards the end

i loled at the part about pulling superpowers out of his arse, so true

elsmee

Apr 16, 2008
I was really hoping you'd review this game after i bought it and you did so good.

Great work one of your funniest yet

Plus for once i agree with pretty much everything you said first half of the game was great then shit started getting weird followed by a compleatly lame final boss fight. But kicking the shit out of the homeless was fun all the way along oh yeah and i didnt think the gun gameplay took away from the combat. ammo was scares the guns werent the easyest things to use either. I recon they could have improved NPC Ai though those FBI SCU agents couldnt shoot a fish in a barrel

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Okay, can we make it an offical law that all game devlopers must watch ZP before starting a game?

They could learn so bloody much by actually listening to reveiwers in general rather than just paying attention to metacritic to see how much everybody thinks their game sucks on a nice, 65-95 point scale.