Zero Punctuation: Condemned 2: Bloodshot

John Tacos

Nov 25, 2008
I own it, not horrible. The story does go to crap, but the scary setting keeps up pretty well.

klk40

Dec 10, 2008
Thank you yahtzee, Session 9 was a great movie (I guess I'm the only one who picked that up).

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
Sorry to be so late to the party, and double sorry if someone else mentioned this, but there were some very strong hints dropped on the loading screens in the original (at least on the Platinum Hits version.)

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Hmm actually in the end of Condemned: Criminals Origins it was ME chasing the serial killer (i was invincible). Didn't really like the story or combat in Condemned 1, but if i may buy Condemned 2 for curiosity.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I can't believe I'm posting in this like a year later but I just have to say it:
Nowhere in the game do any of the characters use the phrase 'ancient mystical cult'. And the way he describes the dolls make them sound like little robots that run up to you at full speed and just explode.

There, that feels better.

Rimpala

Jun 24, 2009
I made the mistake of buying Condemned 2 before playing through the first game. I'm almost certain the suckage in the last levels of Bloodshot were because developers were pressured by the game being overlooked the first time around.

I'm suprised you didn't mention the "Magic Man"... what a blantent rip-off of Bioshock, he's this game's jump the shark moment for me, it could've just ended in the Trenton stage and been much better off for it.

AyrSuppli

Nov 2, 2009
Lol, I was watching this at night and when he said, "In fact there's a serial killer standing behind you right now, but don't look because that'll really piss him off," I turned around just to make sure. ;P

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
bah. Indigo prophecy was a fine piece of adventure (its not really a game as most of it is auto-pilot). The more games of that matter instead of, say, alien rip-offs, the better.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
For what it's worth, Condemned 1 actually did go a bit snooker loopy 'round the 95% mark as well.
Once you're done dealing with the serial killer in the creepy house you wind up transported to some mystical farm-ish area where you beat the stuffing out of some culty monster dudes before squaring off against the lovechild of Pyramid Head and a samurai in a no-holds-barred face-beating contest. The boss fight itself was a pretty good one that really did put your aptitude with the combat to the test (rather than just making their head explode) but it did dive rather significantly off the deep end.