15 year old kills 9 year old neighbor, charged as adult

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
paypuh said:
AWC Viper said:
crudus said:
Premeditated Murder is a very serious crime and should be tried as an adult. If you plan out the death of someone then you are old enough to know it is wrong. Especially if it is "just to see what it felt like".

AWC Viper said:
FAIL on the US Justice system.
Though I don't mind you saying things like this, please actually back them up with reasons as to why you have this opinion.

she's only 15. what happened to juvie? or mental incarceration?
I bet a lot of 15 year old criminals ask that who didn't commit murder, yet still got tried as an adult. Read my first post on page 2. Reply number 52 to be exact.
fair enough.

Takeback of previous post, she deserves everything she gets

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
dalek sec said:
grimsprice said:
Gas chamber. No exception.
Tempting but I'd rather let the inmates rip her apart, child killers are loathed big time in there.
supposedly the number one rule amongst criminals is 'never harm a child'

OT: yeah, she deserves to be tried as an adult, SHE PLANNED IT OUT to see what it felt like you definately need to have adult standards for something like that and you DEFINATELY need to be locked up FOR LIFE for planning it out for such a retarded reason (granted, there are only a few good reasons to kill, and this is not one of them)

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
one question though. would she get life? in australia "life" is 25 years. so would she get actual "life" as in until she dies?

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
You don't have to kill someone to quality as Psychopathic or Sociopathic. Very few people would classify Mersault of The Stranger as either one, largely on the basis that they do not know the actual meanings of the terms.

Vuljatar

Sep 7, 2008
Cryfear101 said:
Execute the *****, from the picture she looks actually head scrambled and the here i quote:

"Ultimately, she stated she wanted to know what it felt like"

that does it for me.
While I can't exactly "QFT" this, I wouldn't be the slightest bit unhappy to see her executed.

20 years minimum also works.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
AWC Viper said:
crudus said:
Premeditated Murder is a very serious crime and should be tried as an adult. If you plan out the death of someone then you are old enough to know it is wrong. Especially if it is "just to see what it felt like".

AWC Viper said:
FAIL on the US Justice system.
Though I don't mind you saying things like this, please actually back them up with reasons as to why you have this opinion.
she's only 15. what happened to juvie? or mental incarceration?

The fact that it is premeditated murder. Murder, the only Class S felony (not officially of course but it is above Class A) which makes it very serious and if you are able to commit it you know how serious it is so the former is out the window. Premeditated, the fact that she was able to do this part shows she is the right state of mind to plan and think so the latter is out the window as well.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
AWC Viper said:
one question though. would she get life? in australia "life" is 25 years. so would she get actual "life" as in until she dies?
Life actually means life in America, but someone serving life can be put up for parole after 25 years. I highly doubt she'll get life though. That is the maximum sentence for murder, with 25 years being the minimum. So, with parole under the minimum sentence, she could be out in about 10 years, but she'll probably get tried as an adult for manslaughter which is 5-30 years.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Life in Prison without parole is a sentence which doesn't sit well with me in any case, but if the article is fair and balanced, then we're talking about a dangerous, cold-blooded crazy who needs to be contained, irrespective of their age.

Maybe someday she'll be released despite such a sentence, that can happen. But for now, she could not have screwed up more and must face due consequences.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Dys said:
It's wrong. She doesn't have the rights of an adult, she is not a full citizen and it is therefore wrong to treat her the same way. That's the whole point of the 'minor' system, they are too young to be adults, and are protected from the adult world.
The point of the 'minor' system is not to primarily protect minors against adults because they don't have equal rights. It is to protect them because the public views most minors as not have the mental capacity to distinguish between right and wrong. In this case though she showed adequate comprehension of right and wrong. She wanted to 'feel' what it was like to kill someone, which means she knew the consequences of her actions would be the death of someone else. So in my opinion trial as an adult is justified.

citizend13

Aug 27, 2008
We'll age can't be the only definition of adulthood can it? It's premeditated murder, granted the girl is batsh*t crazy- well she should be tried as an adult.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
She killed someone just to see what it was like yeah there right to see her as an adult because if she was being tried as a kid she would get out sooner and that's not the kind of person you need skulking around.
Being able to hide behind the fact you are a minor even for the worst of crimes is a bad idea. Sure if a kid just does something stupid like stealing there's no problem but murder(not accidental)/rape deserve an adult sentence.

zana bonanza

Oct 22, 2009
The whole thing is just sad. Whatever happens to this girl, her life is over either way. Even if she were to become completely rehabilitated, she'd have to live with the guilt and the judgment of others. Like someone else mentioned, no one will want to associate with a child killer. This would, most likely, drive her even more crazy. It's not gonna end well.

I do believe that she probably has a mental disorder. The article said she had depression, and to the guy who said depressed people only kill themselves, not others, is wrong. Clinical depression isn't just "feeling sad". It's kinda hard to explain it to those who haven't felt that bad before, but full blown despair is good starting point. How it affects people also varies. Me, I just cried and slept a lot. Some hurt themselves. Some go crazy. People with depression often have or acquire other disorders along with it.

I'm not saying it's an excuse, just something that needs to be taken into consideration. As was pointed out, the article mentioned that the girl dug two graves, but she only killed one person. After finding out "what it felt like", it's likely that she was going to put herself in the other grave, or at least had the notion of it. Maybe she thought she wouldn't be able to live with herself afterward, maybe she thought it would make up for it, or maybe she wanted to kill herself all along and decided, "what the hell, might as well take someone with me, see what that's like, since I'm going to be dead anyway." Clearly, she is not mentally stable.

As to what should be done with her, it's tricky. Personally, I think she should kept in an asylum for a long time, if not the rest of her life. It's not a perfect solution, but in this case, I don't think there is one. I don't see her surviving in jail, nor do I see her recovering and becoming a functioning member of society. Maybe if she had gotten some kind of help earlier on, if someone had only realized what she was thinking, things might have been different. But when you take another human being's life, especially in a situation like this, it's not something you and/or others can get over. It's permanent.

MURPHYCHACHO

Oct 28, 2008
paypuh said:
Nmil-ek said:
Seeing as this is America will she be given life when trialed as an adult or are we talking death sentance here? Obviously jsut as speculation but could they seriously put a minor to death?
Not all states have the death penalty, and no, she won't get life. That would be stupid on the part of the judge. A 15 year old girl doesn't deserve life unless she's a serial killer. If she does get tried as an adult, it will probably be for manslaughter which is 5-30 years in prison.
Worse has happened. Look up the case of Sarah Kruzan. She's serving a sentence of life without the possibility of parole for killing her pimp when she was sixteen, after the man had raped her and forced her into prostitution for three years. She's twenty-nine now, still wrongly imprisoned, and has little hope of ever getting out.

If a girl like her, who had been victimized for years by the one she killed, received such a harsh sentence, imagine what's going to happen to this little monster who actually thought out this crime and aimed it at someone unable to defend themselves. Hopefully she'll be the one to rot behind bars.