15-year old Stabs Bully 11 Times at Bus Stop, Gets Away With It

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Oh my god. FUCKING GOD. There are really people in this thread that are condemning the kid for defending himself. Sometimes I really hate this website, I really fucking do :(
has something to do with stabbing the guy 11 times, there's a point it stops being self defense and that's pretty much it
Do you realize it's perfectly legal in to use deadly force in self defense in florida when you're punched in the back of the head out of nowhere? In most of America really. I'd have stabbed the ************ 20 times, and dared his friends to step in.
wow your a real piece of work, 20 times? and dared his friends? remind me to never give you any sharp objects you clearly don't have the clarity of thought needed. sides, just because its legal doesn't make it right, not when you still have other ways of dealing with the situation if you have any kind of brain at all.

so retreat wasn't an option and talking his way out was probably off the table as well. dose the kick not know how effect a stiff punch to the gut is? or maybe a kick to the jewels? sticking up for your self is fine, and no one should be a door mat, but 'he was hitting me' is NEVER an acceptable excuse for murder.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
...I don't know, I think that the police should have been called, I don't think that the kid should have taken things into his own hands but...I don't know, things just aren't that clear.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Ugh. I know I've already posted my feelings, but holy shit. I understand not liking what the kid did. I certainly don't. It was excessive. But stabbing someone 11 times in the heat of the moment and in a position of self-defense is fucking easy to do without even thinking about it. Calling him a psychopath, sociopath, or saying this was premeditated is just fucking ridiculous and shows how little thought was given to this situation by some.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
TheScientificIssole said:
Hey kids, let's not talk to parents and solve problems, how about we FUCKING MURDER someone!
Christ, why does this shit exist? Fucked-up maniacs who can't see the concept of everything ever from someone. He should be proud that he had the balls to stab a living, breathing bit of the world ELEVEN FUCKING TIMES, and avoid the consequence.
I mean, REALLY! In a few sentences or a few years of the least important part of your life you could have been done with this, but instead the kid murdered someone. In two years both of the people involved would be completely different from what they were, but now one is dead, and the other is a murderer. Who here thinks he can just grow away from the fact that he killed someone. He won't, because he's a psychopath. I hope everyone at school disassociates themselves from this dick and he suffers.
JESUS, I needed that.
EDIT: I spoke out of reasoning, this kid should be hanged or shot or stabbed. He is a fucking hazard to the development of a civilized world, and as it seems LOTS of the Escapist thinks that this isn't murder. IT IS, One argument seems to be that adrenaline cause 11 stabbings, well this kid was being bullied he wasn't strong enough to push through human flesh with a knife fast enough to regret his choices. If I were his parents I would go to the late-abortion clinic immediately.
I was going to avoid this thread but this just made me mad. that entire hateful disgusting post is wrong on so many levels so I feel the need to argue with you.

"Hey kids, let's not talk to parents and solve problems, how about we FUCKING MURDER someone!"
how do you know he didn't talk to his parents? what can they do? all the soothing words in world mean nothing when you are being beaten and tormented on a regular basis

"Christ, why does this shit exist? Fucked-up maniacs who can't see the concept of everything ever from someone."
what?

"mean, REALLY! In a few sentences or a few years of the least important part of your life you could have been done with this, but instead the kid murdered someone."
If by few sentences what you mean is that he should've talked to teachers and you obviously don't understand how school systems work frequently the response of teachers and other authorities is to simply ignore the problem or make the most token passing attempts at fixing it amounting to little more than a slap on the wrist to bullies who attempt to traumatize people for the hell of it. the second part of your statement "a few years of the least important part of your life" is what pissed me off the most. just to start least important? the teenage years should be one of the fast parts of your life with the minimum responsibility and the opportunity to simply enjoy life something that you can only do for one very short part of your life, secondly "a few years"? are you seriously FUCKING suggesting that an innocent child should have given up years of his life for the amusement of assholes who get off on torturing people weaker than them? that he should've just rolled over and been miserable because you think it would be the right thing?

"In two years both of the people involved would be completely different from what they were"
you assume

"Who here thinks he can just grow away from the fact that he killed someone."
where exactly does it say that? it's entirely possible that the kid who was being bullied was already traumatized by the bullying and could possibly be even more traumatized by now having a death on his conscience, but you assume that he's some cold-blooded psychopath who was instantly going to be over this.

"He won't, because he's a psychopath."
you assume (hey look a theme!)

"I hope everyone at school disassociates themselves from this dick and he suffers."
That is one of the most illogical vile poisonous statements I've ever seen on the Escapist, and that's impressive. (in a bad way)

"JESUS, I needed that."
and as a consequence I needed this.

"I spoke out of reasoning"
If this is your calm logical reasoning I fear to see you angry.

"He is a fucking hazard to the development of a civilized world,"
How? although I do somewhat agree a distant way that perhaps he should receive counseling to ensure that he's not suffering from psychological trauma as a result of this or other incidents.

"One argument seems to be that adrenaline cause 11 stabbings, well this kid was being bullied he wasn't strong enough to push through human flesh with a knife fast enough to regret his choices."
what? I'm entirely sure I don't understand what you're trying to say with this statement but knives are sharp and can cut through things up very easily with a minimum of force I know because I cook and therefore use kitchen knives to cut through things that may very well be more resilient than human skin (or occasionally my hand, oops) with a bare minimum of effort, so through a combination of rage, fear, and adrenaline, it is entirely possible that 11 stab wounds could be inflicted before he fully grasped his actions.

"If I were his parents I would go to the late-abortion clinic immediately."
Not only is this statement vile it also immensely hypocritical, the bullying victim here is evil because he killed somebody so you think the appropriate response should be for him to be killed it off in cold blood like a rabid dog? your entire post reeks of something written by someone who thinks that they are the all-knowing arbitrator of justice with the instant knowledge decide who is right and wrong.

As for my own opinion on the issue unless further evidence comes up I see no reason to doubt that this was self-defense, and I think that while sad the importance of this event is that it should call attention to the fact that bullying is not a minor issue that needs to be ignored but something that is terrible and can frequently result in the death of one party or another
and something must be done about the incredibly apathetic attitude of school officials and law enforcement in order to prevent things like this from happening.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Oh my god. FUCKING GOD. There are really people in this thread that are condemning the kid for defending himself. Sometimes I really hate this website, I really fucking do :(
has something to do with stabbing the guy 11 times, there's a point it stops being self defense and that's pretty much it
Do you realize it's perfectly legal in to use deadly force in self defense in florida when you're punched in the back of the head out of nowhere? In most of America really. I'd have stabbed the ************ 20 times, and dared his friends to step in.
wow your a real piece of work, 20 times? and dared his friends? remind me to never give you any sharp objects you clearly don't have the clarity of thought needed. sides, just because its legal doesn't make it right, not when you still have other ways of dealing with the situation if you have any kind of brain at all.

so retreat wasn't an option and talking his way out was probably off the table as well. dose the kick not know how effect a stiff punch to the gut is? or maybe a kick to the jewels? sticking up for your self is fine, and no one should be a door mat, but 'he was hitting me' is NEVER an acceptable excuse for murder.
\
Where do you live? Honest question. I'm from baltimore maryland, perhaps you should google the crime rate. You've obviously never been in a fight, a "stiff" punch to the gut doesn't do shit. And a kick to the balls? How slow of a reaction time do you think people have? Dude, come on. I've been in fights and that shit doesn't work.
Edit: that's why i'm so pissed off at people like you.

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
Its difficult to judge on Jorge's actions. 11 times may be a bit much in the case of self-defense, but one will never know if what was going through his head in the heat of moment was totally justifiable for his actions. Did he inflict all those wounds because his mind was rushingly screaming at him in anxiety? Or did he do it out of controlled anger? A combination of fear, adrenniline, anxiety and detest is all you'd likely need to exaggerate your actions, especially when you're so young and don't have a total grasp on self-restraint.

Nevertheless, you corner a bull and you're going to get the horns. Its hard to decide which to side with because of their ages, and because I don't know how they both lived. If Dylan was a self-centred prick who was doing all this for the ego I'd gladly take the side of Jorge. Things like this will always be difficult. For everyone.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:

Where do you live? Honest question. I'm from baltimore maryland, perhaps you should google the crime rate. You've obviously never been in a fight, a "stiff" punch to the gut doesn't do shit. And a kick to the balls? How slow of a reaction time do you think people have? Dude, come on. I've been in fights and that shit doesn't work.
since you missed it, the main point was there was other, non lethal options he didn't take. and yes, i have been in fights, longest being when a kid in middle school tried stalking me home. it ended poorly for him to, but i didn't need to resort to murder to get him off my back, just fighting back was enough to get him to leave me alone.

but fine, what ever, hate me all you want. i can live with some one i don't know and probably won't have any contact with again not liking me, least I'm not condoning murder

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
Blablahb said:
Neither do I subscribe to the silly American logic that you can just kill anyone who gets in your way.
It's true. We're all shit-flinging primates with no respect for human life. I decapitate people to and from work with a fiery machete. When I want to court a woman, I leave the heads of other men she knew piled on her doorstep in a gory heap.

There are different knife laws for every state. Not sure what the Florida one is, but in my province any kind of stabbing implement or shiv on school grounds (including bus) is considered a Class B Misdemeanor. One of the local policemen told me that carrying a knife anywhere else is legal, as long as the length of the blade is the width of your palm or shorter.

The judge's ruling and personal assessment would seem to suggest a conservative upbringing, but I don't think there's anything distinctly American about the decision to let a murderer walk.

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Actions have consequences.

You don't stick your finger in an electrical socket and not expect to get electrocuted.

You don't corner a wild animal and not expect to get mauled.

You don't brutalize people and not expect it in return.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
And there was me thinking that our way of bully solving ( hulk out body slam) was over the top. Dear America. Calm the fuck down.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
He should've gone to jail simply because he used the knife. There are plenty of non-lethal ways to stop a bully but he chose to keep and use, and should go to jail for at least a little while for it.

A bully is just a freaking adolescent with emotional problems they will eventually grow out of. They have friends and family, ideals, dreams, and a whole life to live just like everyone else.

This kid did not deserve to be stabbed 11 god damn times for getting in one fucking fight, regardless of if he started it or not. The kid getting bullied is a psycho, and now he's free. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson from all this too.

"Always walk around with a knife so you can stab people who threaten you."

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:

since you missed it, the main point was there was other, non lethal options he didn't take. and yes, i have been in fights, longest being when a kid in middle school tried stalking me home. it ended poorly for him to, but i didn't need to resort to murder to get him off my back, just fighting back was enough to get him to leave me alone.

but fine, what ever, hate me all you want. i can live with some one i don't know and probably won't have any contact with again not liking me, least I'm not condoning murder
I'll just agree to disagree. I condone murder in self defense, and thankfully it's legal where I live. I only wonder where you draw the line, if someone tries to take my kid from me; what do I do? Take a beating and hope the police find her body? Perhaps i'm getting too emotional, I don't really hate you or anyone here but I just cannot stand it when people think you should not defend your life by any means necessary.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
AndyFromMonday said:
Drop_D-Bombshell said:
I have mixed emotions on this story.

Firstly i believe that the kid had a right to defend himself, every kid does, but was stabbing him 11 times necessary. I'm sure once would have been enough.

Second, why a knife, couldn't he have just battered him for a bit with a bat or something? It doesn't make sense why he would carry a knife as stab as many times as he did.

Should he get away with it? No, but he shouldn't be prosecuted as a murderer, maybe given a less harsh punishment. Seems only fair.
Knives are usually easier to get a hold of and conceal. When people start harassing you it's hard to control you rage which is why I believe the guy ended up stabbing the bully 11 times. I agree with the judge's ruling by the way, he might have had a choice but honestly, prosecuting a teenager that is clearly mentally disturbed from years of being bullied on the counts of manslaughter is not the right thing to do.
Ok, yeah, pushed to the limit is totally understandable, similar to that Australian kid, but rage making him stab 11 times is still pushing it a little. I agree with you that he shouldn't be prosecuted, but the whole stabbing thing was not needed, once or twice, yeah ok, but not that many stabs, even while enraged.
It's not a rage thing. If you stab someone with a knife, you have to be sure they're dead or incapacitated or they're going try to get that knife off you and stab you back. When I was young a reckless this was the one thought that kept me out of a couple of knife fights. I was once threatened by a car load of guys at night on the street by myself. I had a knife but if I had have used it, or even pulled it, I could well be dead by now. So I became a fast runner.

When it comes to knives you have to finish it, and quickly, or that person is coming back at you with lethal force. Clearly after 11 stabs he felt safe. If he had stabbed him after he was down and incapacitated then that's another story.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
yundex said:

Also, kicks to the balls are fairly slow, like I can't imagine that ever putting you in anything but a vulnerable position against someone who's ready.

'he was hitting' me hard enough for a judge to say that you "had more than enough reason to believe he was in danger of death or great bodily harm." is more than enough to justify killing them in self defense. Quite frankly I think assholes like that deserve anything that comes to them and that when you are attacked you should have the right to defend yourself however you want.

Stublore

Dec 16, 2009
My BOLD:
acosn said:
Actions have consequences.

You don't stick your finger in an electrical socket and not expect to get electrocuted.

You don't corner a wild animal and not expect to get mauled.

You don't brutalize people and not expect it in return.
This is what bullies do not realise, because they get away with so much of their bullying.
The keyword here is CONSEQUENCES.
If the bully had been made to face up to the consequences of his actions earlier, it would may not have so easy for him to continue bullying.
But he was so confident of his actions, that even when the victim tried to avoid the fight, he had to push it.
So as far as I'm concerned, HE GOT WHAT HE HAD COMING TO HIM.
End of Story.
Maybe this another victim will read about it, and he'll kill his bully, then maybe a bully will hear and decide not to be such a dick anymore.

Apr 29, 2010
OK, I find it sad that the bully's parents are upset. I'm sorry, but this wouldn't have happened if they had taught their child not to be a bully. He had to have learned that behavior from somewhere.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
TomLikesGuitar said:
He should've gone to jail simply because he used the knife. There are plenty of non-lethal ways to stop a bully but he chose to keep and use, and should go to jail for at least a little while for it.

A bully is just a freaking adolescent with emotional problems they will eventually grow out of. They have friends and family, ideals, dreams, and a whole life to live just like everyone else.

This kid did not deserve to be stabbed 11 god damn times for getting in one fucking fight, regardless of if he started it or not. The kid getting bullied is a psycho, and now he's free. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson from all this too.

"Always walk around with a knife so you can stab people who threaten you."
You've obviously never been bullied, and don't say you have because you clearly have not.

This bully most likely tormented the kid for months, even years, and if they boy had to carry a knife to ensure his safety then good on him.

However, one question, what are some "Non-Lethal" was to stop a bully effectively, remember you aren't allowed to use force because that always has potential to kill.

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
"Oh god you post actually made me laugh when I read it. It was really that ridiculous."

Yours made me disgusted, because it was that nonsensical and foolish.

"The kid brought the knife to school with the intent to use it on the guy who was bullying him."

Show proof.

"This was not something that he always carried with him"

Show proof.

" and you can tell that by the fact that he was showing it off while on the bus."

So...it's utterly impossible that the kid was given a *pocket knife* as a gift, and showed it off to his friends? You leap to conclusions to support your own bias, without actually giving any credence to other possibilities.

"So with the limited amount of information we have it seems to me like the kid brought a knife to school to use on the bully. That really seems like it was premeditated."

And *I* am the ridiculous one? So, what you're saying here is that the mere fact he brought a *very small knife* to school equals automatically a plan to use it on someone? Ironically enough, I have carried a pocket knife or multitool for the last 25 years, and I haven't stabbed anyone with it. Actually, I've cut *myself* with it while using it, if that counts.

When I got a new one, I showed it off to friends.

Thankfully, all the police officers I've dealt with aren't quite as ready as you to assign Premeditated Murder to the simple act of A) carrying a Tool and B) showing it to people.

"There is no evidence at all anywhere to suggest that the kids life was ever in danger."

Let's check the news.
"testified that several teens announced the fight on the bus"

Sounds like it was Announced that the Attackers intended to Physically Assault Mr. Saavedra.

"Brodie stated that by getting off the bus several stops before the location where the fight was to happen, Saavedra ?demonstrated that, with or without a knife, (he) had no desire to fight with Dylan Nuno.?

And right here...for a 'premeditated murderer' who YOU claim intended to kill...seems like the *EVIDENCE* says he tried to escape and avoid the altercation.

"Accompanied by several students, Dylan Nuno, a junior, followed Saavedra, a freshman, off the bus. He then punched him in the back of the head, according to court documents and testimony.
Saavedra attempted to get away once, witnesses said. He then stabbed Dylan Nuno 12 times in the chest and abdomen. Two of the blows caused fatal wounds, including one that nicked his heart."

Here seems to be *EVIDENCE* that Nuno *physically assaulted him*. I see nothing in here indicating that Nuno announced his intent to 'lightly bruise' Mr. Saavedra.

" A requirement in most civilized countries for somebody to use lethal force."

Physical assault which could result in death or greivous bodily harm *is* covered under the requirements you just mentioned. I *don't* see a requirement that a weapon be involved, or in any other way not applicable to the above.

So, laugh away buddy. When you can back up what you're saying *I* will stop laughing at *you*.