First BioShock 2 Gameplay Footage Now Online

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First BioShock 2 Gameplay Footage Now Online

The first gameplay footage of BioShock 2 [http://www.somethinginthesea.com/] has been released into the wild and it looks just about as spectacular as you'd expect.

The video features the player in pursuit of the Big Sister, who appears to be every bit as quick and deadly as promised. Even as a Big Daddy, complete with a giant drill for a hand, the player is able to employ plasmids, while Tenenbaum herself has replaced Atlas on the radio, urging players forward. Rapture, and everything else for that matter, looks familiar, if not more desperately dilapidated than ever before.

In reality, there's not much new to see here at all. Based on the video, BioShock 2 doesn't look like it brings much to the game except more. Which, to be fair, isn't a bad thing by any stretch. Get a taste of what's coming at Gametrailers.com [http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.html?type=flv].

Rezfon

Feb 25, 2008
wow...just wow!

I wasn't sure how this game might play out, but from the looks of it so far it looks great!

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
looks pretty good but my only complaint is they dropped sea of dreams from the title.
aBlackKnight said:
The drill looks a bit pointless;

I hope they somehow make the plasmids more important;
the drill probably does heavy damage for fighting other big daddys.
and you can swap it for other arm mounted weapons like that rivvet gun we saw.

llewgriff

Feb 12, 2009
It just looks like Bioshock with some extra things added. not that it's a bad thing bioshock 1 was awsome, I would've like to have a different setting than Rapature though.

megacaleb

Apr 2, 2009
i dont think playing as a big daddy for the entire game will be as fun. it will be hard to recreate the glory that was the first game and i dont think that being a big daddy will do that

Sir_Chumley_Warner

Dec 25, 2008
I don't see why some are disappointed. I for one am glad that we get the chance to explore more of Rapture. Also, the underwater scene looks sweet.

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
llewgriff said:
It just looks like Bioshock with some extra things added. not that it's a bad thing bioshock 1 was awsome, I would've like to have a different setting than Rapature though.
And what settings would that be?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
That scene was just cool. I have no complaints, it kept me engaged. I mean, I didn't expect her to just break down the wall. That *****.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
It's a shame Bioshock 2 won't be coming out till the 31st of December 2009. But it would be interesting to know what Rapture was like in its glory days.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Hm the trailer is telling me that you wil be able to be a true blue Big Daddy (alot of people were misled by the original Bioshock's cover, thinking that you were in that one). And the new weapons and different make it look even better. But they must be the earlier versions of Big Daddies.

EDIT: And you get to fight Big Sisters too.

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
I still have major doubts about this, and still feel like making this was a mistake, but the gameplay was well shown.

I think this will be fun, but I highly doubt it is near as stellar as the first.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
They addressed one of the major faults in the original. Showing both the plasmid and the weapon, I found the switching system a major hindrance in the original. They got me interested.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
MercurySteam said:
It's a shame Bioshock 2 won't be coming out till the 31st of December 2009. But it would be interesting to know what Rapture was like in its glory days.
Well mabye but if there is big sisters, which are little sisters that grew up its not a prequel but a sequel to the story. (also sweet avatar)