16-year-old Oklahoma teenager beaten to death in a bathroom.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
But at least they aren't oppressing people with their existence anymore. Besides, we all know that gay rights are as good as they are ever going to get, and this sort of stuff doesn't happen anyways.

In case you aren't aware, I am being facetious, because the only other option is incoherent rage.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
To the three girls that beat Nex to death, I hope it was worth it. Because now you'll be in a living hell for the rest of your lives. You'll never see a light of day ever again. To those that influenced them: be they older relatives, "friends", etc., I hope it was worth it for you too. Spoilers: not really.

I hate cowardly assholes and bitches. Especially if people there hurting or abusing fight back and that just pisses them off to be weak and cowardly even more.

Reactions: soreeyes
Nov 9, 2015
Isn't it weird that teenagers can get away with aggravated battery and involuntary manslaughter? Or maybe they do get charged and the media never bothers to report it. I don't know but every time someone dies by suicide the onus is placed on the school administrators.

The bullies get to live life as if nothing happened, and nothing will happen to them. They'll never have to fear jail or not being able to get a job since they are never named. They won't even feel remorse, they'll laugh over your corpse because they won, and maybe after 40 years they'll feel guilty and then "forgive themselves".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
And one can certainly trust the police to always be honest and forthcoming, never having any agenda or representing partisan ideologies. /s
I mean does 20 minutes of them sitting up seemingly fine in the hospital after the incident even laughing and joking a bit recorded by police body camera count as good enough evidence they didn't die on a bathroom floor??

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I mean does 20 minutes of them sitting up seemingly fine in the hospital after the incident even laughing and joking a bit recorded by police body camera count as good enough evidence they didn't die on a bathroom floor??

If it was head trauma, that doesn't always kick in right away. One example I can think of right off the top of my head was Natasha Richardson. Hit her head in a skiing accident, walked away seemingly fine and refusing medical assistance. Complained of a severe headache, was flown to a hospital about two hours later. Died two days after the incident.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark

Does it count as proof that they didn't die because of a concussion or other internal injury?

A person is dead, a person was assaulted within 24 hours of death, excepting acts of self-harm, which would probably also be spurred on by the assault/persecution, it seems more likely than not that the assault is, at the very least, connected to the death.

Also, police has a history of making baseless claims and serving interests, particularly the kind that hates the LGBTQ+ community.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I have to say, I don't think the police releasing preliminary autopsy reports in this way is that helpful.

Sometimes, when you don't actually have anything clear to say, the best thing to do is STFU because otherwise it spreads confusion rather than grants insight.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If it was head trauma, that doesn't always kick in right away. One example I can think of right off the top of my head was Natasha Richardson. Hit her head in a skiing accident, walked away seemingly fine and refusing medical assistance. Complained of a severe headache, was flown to a hospital about two hours later. Died two days after the incident.
True, then again Nex's own words were the people who did it were Freshman, Nex is a Sophmore, Nex thought they were insulting them so threw water over them, the 3 girls then attacked Nex because Nex threw water over them (before we get into the "it's just water" yeh it is but also such actions are considered a minor assault thus actually beyond the grounds of provoked assault) and Nex admitted throwing one of the girls, it's implied head first, into a towel dispenser. By the sounds of Nex's recollection of things on of the girls then sweap Nex legs and they went over hitting their head potentially.

What we also know, Nex did got to the hospital and receive medical treatment.

So to lay out the less comfortable aspects of this case.

Nex believed the girls were mocking them and had been insulting towards them somehow already, it's not entirely laid out how or what they'd done before this (hate to say it but lower years mocking higher years in the school, not uncommon anyway).
Nex then in a bathroom believing they overheard the group mocking them went over and threw water on them.
They them retaliated against Nex.
Nex then grabbed on of the girls and threw them, implied to be head first into a towel dispenser.
Nex's friends jumped in
One of the girls seemingly managed to sweep Nex's legs and that's as much as we have of the fight.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have to say, I don't think the police releasing preliminary autopsy reports in this way is that helpful.

Sometimes, when you don't actually have anything clear to say, the best thing to do is STFU because otherwise it spreads confusion rather than grants insight.
Especially when it's clear that the person was beaten to death, so trauma is going to show up on the body somewhere. Fucking dumbasses.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA

If they say nothing, the predominant narrative takes hold forever. I don't know what happened, and neither do all the people saying a trans kid was beaten to death on the internet. A little doubt in the minds of the people excited about this event is probably an improvement.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Especially when it's clear that the person was beaten to death, so trauma is going to show up on the body somewhere. Fucking dumbasses.
No it's not clear.

What is clear based on Nex's own testimony is that they instigated physical aggression (with good reason or not Nex was the one to escalate it) on girls that were younger than them and in the resulting fight threw one of the girls into a towel dispenser, seemingly head first and at some point in the fight they instigated they were tripped and hit the floor and blacked out.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
If they say nothing, the predominant narrative takes hold forever.
And if the predominant narrative turns out to be correct after all, they've just fed a lot of opposition to it. (And if you needed any evidence of the fact, note that Dwarvenhobble suddenly showed up to offer his anti-trans tuppence when the opportunity arose.)

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
And if the predominant narrative turns out to be correct after all, they've just fed a lot of opposition to it. (And if you needed any evidence of the fact, note that Dwarvenhobble suddenly showed up to offer his anti-trans tuppence when the opportunity arose.)
I don't think Dwarven should be making an argument about what happened given our general ignorance of what actually occurred, but I also don't think he's said anything remotely as heinous as " To the three girls that beat Nex to death, I hope it was worth it. Because now you'll be in a living hell for the rest of your lives. You'll never see a light of day ever again. " Even if it turns out that it was death from head trauma from the altercation, that's a horrible thing to say about effectively children. I'm decidedly on team "maybe stop preemptively condemning people, that seems worse than benefit of the doubt that maybe nobody is at fault until proven otherwise." If even half the people who want the other girls jailed for life or executed stop calling for those things, that's probably a net benefit from the police comments.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ok can you stop the bigotry please.
Nex was non binary.
Nex was not transgender in the sense of gender transitioning or undergoing transitioning.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I don't think Dwarven should be making an argument about what happened given our general ignorance of what actually occurred, but I also don't think he's said anything remotely as heinous as " To the three girls that beat Nex to death, I hope it was worth it. Because now you'll be in a living hell for the rest of your lives. You'll never see a light of day ever again. " Even if it turns out that it was death from head trauma from the altercation, that's a horrible thing to say about effectively children. I'm decidedly on team "maybe stop preemptively condemning people, that seems worse than benefit of the doubt that maybe nobody is at fault until proven otherwise." If even half the people who want the other girls jailed for life or executed stop calling for those things, that's probably a net benefit from the police comments.
To be clear. I'm not making one.
I'm stating points Nex themselves said in that 21 minute long video I linked about events that happened.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I don't think Dwarven should be making an argument about what happened given our general ignorance of what actually occurred
No, what I mean, is that he's only suddenly popped up in this thread (after weeks/months/etc. absence from the whole forum) because he's spotted an opportunity to attack the pro-LGBTQ+ crowd. If it were cut and dried that the three girls smashed in Nex's head, he'd continue being nowhere to be seen.

The point being that there's an inherent risk: unless the information turns out to be accurate, it feeds misinformation. I think it is simply better to wait for more reliable information as a general rule.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
No, what I mean, is that he's only suddenly popped up in this thread (after weeks/months/etc. absence from the whole forum) because he's spotted an opportunity to attack the pro-LGBTQ+ crowd. If it were cut and dried that the three girls smashed in Nex's head, he'd continue being nowhere to be seen.

The point being that there's an inherent risk: unless the information turns out to be accurate, it feeds misinformation. I think it is simply better to wait for more reliable information as a general rule.
Actually I came back to see if there had been anymore interesting posts in the TV show discussion thread or the film thread or anymore development in the Project Eve one.......I happened to stick my head into current events at the same time I found out more info on something posted here. I didn't realise I was obligated to check in a certain number of times a week.

If it were cut and dry, yeh I'd be nowhere because the claims made here would be right. As is they're not based even on Nex's own statements, which I've been pointing out in this thread now.