Fallout 3 DLC Coming to Retail

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Fallout 3 DLC Coming to Retail

Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt, the first two DLC releases for Fallout 3 [http://fallout.bethsoft.com], are getting a retail release at the end of May.

The add-on disc is being released for both the Electronic Theatre [http://www.xbox.com] has speculated that the content will be installed to the 360 hard drive or memory unit while the original Fallout 3 disc will have to remain in the drive during play.

And where is Broken Steel [http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/brokensteel.html] in all this? The third and most anticipated Fallout 3 DLC release isn't out yet but it will be before the expansion pack hits the shelves. There are "several" reasons Broken Steel won't be included in the disc, according to Bethesda's Pete Hines. "The gist of it is that we wanted to go ahead and get the first two out there in a shorter period of time," he said.

While it's a safe bet that most people interested in either of these add-ons have access to a net connection, a disc release is still a real boon for some. Some folks still aren't comfortable buying things online; others are stuck with a painfully slow dialup connection. And of course there are those "box fetishists" out there who insist on having packaging, manuals and all that other great stuff that makes a game worth owning.

The Fallout 3 Expansion Pack is listed on here [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Expansion-Pack-Operation-Xbox-360/dp/B001REZLWU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240763927&sr=8-3].

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
if anyone is wondering I beleive Broken Steel is being realesed on may 5th

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
*uugh* Really? They can't afford to pack the Fallout 3 disc along with the three DLC packs. It'd be much better. Weeeell.... at least for me anyway.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
XDUCK said:
gee once again us ps3 'ers get screwed again the bastardz
Its like living in a cardboard box in a back alley, while all the cool kids ride around us in gold-plated limos laughing at how poor we are.

One day, Bethesda will hand us some crumbs from their table, maybe just Broken Steel, without any bugs or glitches.

Then I'll be happy.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
ryai458 said:
Then why isn't it on this disc? Why just the crappy ones?
Hines sounds like Lumberg from Office Space "we want to go ahead and get those two out in a shorter period of time."

Okay well I own a ps3 and... I'm going to burn the building down.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
nova18 said:
XDUCK said:
Its like living in a cardboard box in a back alley, while all the cool kids ride around us in gold-plated limos laughing at how poor we are.

One day, Bethesda will hand us some crumbs from their table, maybe just Broken Steel, without any bugs or glitches.

Then I'll be happy.
Have some self-respect, man.

Deathsong17

Feb 4, 2009
Come on, Bethesda are just rubbing salt in our wounds now!
nova18 said:
XDUCK said:

Then I'll be happy.
How ironic...

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
As a person that doesn't have XBL, it's especially annoying when I'd like to play something like Braid or get DLC for games but never can. I'll try to pick this up as soon as I can. However I do feel sorry that the PS3 owners don't get any DLC.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Malygris said:
There are "several" reasons Broken Steel won't be included in the disc, according to Bethesda's Pete Hines. "The gist of it is that we wanted to go ahead and get the first two out there in a shorter period of time," he said.
well thats lame. Wasnt interested in Fallout DLC before, & until all three can be got off one disc I wont be changing my opinion on that

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
PAGEToap44 said:
Finally. But will it be coming out in the UK and how much would it be here?
Its listed on Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-Downloadable-Content-Operation-Anchorage/dp/B0022NHM36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240854514&sr=8-2

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
D_987 said:
PAGEToap44 said:
Finally. But will it be coming out in the UK and how much would it be here?
Its listed on Amazon.co.uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-Downloadable-Content-Operation-Anchorage/dp/B0022NHM36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240854514&sr=8-2
Cheers.

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Malygris said:
While it's a safe bet that most people interested in either of these add-ons have access to a net connection, a disc release is still a real boon for some. Some folks still aren't comfortable buying things online; others are stuck with a painfully slow dialup connection. And of course there are those "box fetishists" out there who insist on having packaging, manuals and all that other great stuff that makes a game worth owning.
Don't forget those who can't be arsed to buy 1000 "Microsoft-Points" to spend 800 on DLC and be stuck with loose change that's worth less than a steaming pile of dog-shit.

Quintin Stone

Aug 11, 2006
Specter_ said:
Don't forget those who can't be arsed to buy 1000 "Microsoft-Points" to spend 800 on DLC and be stuck with loose change that's worth less than a steaming pile of dog-shit.
Yeah, this. Those of us without 360s and have no other use for MS Points don't really feel like venturing into the utter failure that is GFW Live. Retail version of the "DLC" is the only way I'll be getting it for Fallout 3.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I feel just a bit insulted by the author; I don't distrust boxes, I love digital distribution... I just didn't want to support the Windows Live service by making a transaction with them.

So why is Bethesda not waiting until the 3rd expansion is on disc? That's what the disc people are really waiting for, all 3 expansions on one disc. This is just going to be replaced by a "3-in-1" disc sometime later and be a waste of packaging.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
ryai458 said:
Then why isn't it on this disc? Why just the crappy ones?
Hines sounds like Lumberg from Office Space "we want to go ahead and get those two out in a shorter period of time."

Okay well I own a ps3 and... I'm going to burn the building down.
"I'm gonna need you to go ahead and buy an Xbox360. That'd be great. Thanks...."

I've heard I'm not missing much but I am missing it anyway.