Uwe Boll's Game Now Available

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Uwe Boll's Game Now Available

Tunnel Rats, a game based on Uwe Boll's new movie of the same name and produced by the notorious director himself, is now available. Are you a bad enough dude to see if it's as awful as his movies?

Uwe Boll, most famous for adapting games into bad movies, is now apparently doing the opposite too. Tunnel Rats, a new game developed by Velvet Assassin makers Replay Studios, is a videogame adaptation of Boll's new film about the Vietnam War, 1968 Tunnel Rats.

Boll himself didn't just play an advisory role on the game, but had a direct role in its development. "I controlled the production, and I'm happy with the game," he told [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uwe-boll-happy-with-his-new-videogame] Eurogamer last September.

According to the game's product description, Tunnel Rats is "a dark and intense single-player shooter...that depicts the horrific realities of the Vietnam War as seen through the eyes of a young US soldier." True to its name, the game finds you exploring a maze of tunnels that is riddled with "the most nasty traps ever built." As you progress through the game and experience "the dark horror of war," your character relates a "dark inner monologue and growing loss of grid," whatever the hell that means.

So, is Uwe Boll any better at making games out of movies than he is at making movies out of games? $20 spent on here [http://store.steampowered.com/app/31300/].

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Uh... no. Just no. I refuse.

If there is a demo and it amazes me, then perhaps I shall change my opinion.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Watched the trailer on steam. It seemed as self serving as his movies. I thaught valve had content filters for this sort of thing.

Wayne Insane

May 14, 2009
Believe it or not, the movie It's based on is quite good actually.Well not "GOOD" good, but pretty good.I mean it's no blockbuster, but fairly entertaining.I was pretty shocked when I found out that Dr.Boll directed it.

EDIT:Well,ok it sucks.But you gotta respect Uwe Boll.He never has made any profit with his movies, he pretty much finances everything with some strange Tax-Scam he came up with and when you criticize him, he'll just challenge you to a boxing match.And he'll probably win.

thisguyfromthere

Mar 6, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Boll himself didn't just play an advisory role on the game, but had a direct role in its development. "I controlled the production, and I'm happy with the game"
Generally when Uwe Boll is happy about something, the rest of the world cries out in pain.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
Well, its in Vietnam. So it has something good going for it. Not another WWII game. However, unless a demo is released, i'm not risking it.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I've checked out Internet Movie Database for this movie, and it's actually gotten a wide range of reviews. A lot of the latest ones are positive, which may account for its 124% increase in popularity this week. Its gotten some flak for having Boll anywhere near it others for its historical inaccuracy and gratuitous violence. To be fair, almost all Hollywood historical war movies are like that so...

I've also noted that a lot of people have commented favorably on the acting and...even the direction itself.

But I haven't seen it, so I can't give a solid answer on this either way. It's still at 4.3/10 stars, his highest rated movie so far. But maybe we should consider maybe this is not a horrible movie before condemning. There I go again, playing Devil's Advocate.