Green Day: Rock Band Coming This Year?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Green Day: Rock Band Coming This Year?

Green Day front man Billy Joe Armstrong revealed the existence of something that sounds a lot like a Green Day: Rock Band project, though he doesn't seem to be entirely sure about it himself.

Oh to be a rock star. So flush with multiple sources of income, you can't even accurately describe a single one of them if asked.

Billy Joe Armstrong of popular-as-ever pop punk outfit Green Day recently let spill (probably causing a PR person somewhere to do a spit take) the existence of a partnership between his band and Harmonix/MTV/etc that will result in something that sounds like a Green Day: Rock Band game to go along with The Beatles: Rock Band and Pearl Jam: Rock Band.

Armstrong was doing a radio show when a caller phoned in to ask him when Green Day's songs would appear in Rock Band, and Armstrong answered by saying: "Uh yeah, we're doing a whole Green Day Rock Band...uh." That could be a track pack, but sounds a bit more like a full-fledged game. And if Pearl Jam's getting one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91642], why shouldn't Green Day?

Billy Joe then let slip some more highly informative tidbits about the game's release. "I'm not sure [when it'll come out]...soon," he said. "Like I think not this week, but this year soon...by the end of this year."

[Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5283206/green-day-coming-to-rock-band]]

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I sure hope not Rock Band: Green Day. Green Day sucks. Straight up, just sucks. Make a good game, like Rock Band: Ozzy, or something.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Well if this is true than Maxi will man-gasm. If it comes out for PC, if not he will go all nerd-rage.

For actual tracks I feel that most of these will be pretty bland gameplay wise. Punk isn't known for its amazing guitar solos, sweeping drums, intense bass lines, and epic vocals, and Green Day are no exception. Except "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" if I get to sing that life will be happy.
I can name plenty of green day songs with amazing guitar solos.... like... erm... well... there are the intense bass lines... you know them... you know... like... most of them... oh who am i kidding.

Just release Boulevard of Broken Dreams as a stand alone download, and be done with it.

Generator

May 8, 2009
I can't understand why they don't just release it as downloadable content. Oh well, I probably won't buy it either way, but there would have been a better chance if it was DLC.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Darkrai said:
Oh no...Not you too Harmonix...Wait. *remembers AC/DC rock band* Forget it.
One day, these Guitar Hero and Rock Band (Insert band name here) will be a monthly thing. Next Month. Guitar Hero Alphabeat will be released; as will Rock Band The Ting Tings.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
NoMoreSanity said:
Ben Legend said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Well if this is true than Maxi will man-gasm. If it comes out for PC, if not he will go all nerd-rage.

For actual tracks I feel that most of these will be pretty bland gameplay wise. Punk isn't known for its amazing guitar solos, sweeping drums, intense bass lines, and epic vocals, and Green Day are no exception. Except "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" if I get to sing that life will be happy.
I can name plenty of green day songs with amazing guitar solos.... like... erm... well... there are the intense bass lines... you know them... you know... like... most of them... oh who am i kidding.

Just release Boulevard of Broken Dreams as a stand alone download, and be done with it.
Agreed. If it's anything like the AC/DC songs they'll probably release them in an over-priced disk release.
NOW!!! SPECIAL RELEASE OFFER!!! Rock Band: Green Day. JUST £25 for 20 songs.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Why make a game that's mostly about a band that's mediocre and overrated? I'd much rather see a genre game over a certain band game. IE: Metal Rock Band would be better than just Metallica Rock Band (yes I know it's Metallica Guitar Hero).

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
Is green day really influential enough to warrent they're own release? Beatles, Metallica...Greenday?

Next we'll have Rockband; Broke'NCYDE

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
vivaldiscool said:
Is green day really influential enough to warrent they're own release? Beatles, Metallica...Greenday?

Next we'll have Rockband; Broke'NCYDE
OH GOD.

THE HORROR.