Green Day: Rock Band Coming This Year?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I doubt it will be better than any other Rock Band I've seen. I don't know why they'd even choose a band like Green Day. Not like they're a bad band, but it just wouldn't make for interesting gameplay unless there's a radical change and they add in like muted strums and such.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
GodsClown said:
I sure hope not Rock Band: Green Day. Green Day sucks. Straight up, just sucks. Make a good game, like Rock Band: Ozzy, or something.
You had better pray to the mighty Norse gods that Max doesnt find this, or he'll find you and rip your throat out.

OT: I never bothered to by extra content for Rock band anyway. Well, except Jukebox Hero, but that song is full of win.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Trist66 said:
Everyone listen to Jesus of Suburbia. Now. I will wait.

Still don't think they deserve a rock band game?
Umm, no?
A mediocre pop song doesn't really fit in with the rock band genre at all. Even if it was a fantastic song, it still wouldn't be a good choice, notice how the songs these games use tend to be shorter, faster and exciting to play, with well defined riffs or solos.

calelogan said:
Rock Band: Dire Straits?
man, this..THIS!. Truly would be an awsome game.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Samurai Goomba said:
Bah, I want Rock Band: Queen. Green Day doesn't deserve to lace Mr. Mercury's tight red shoes.
Mmmmmmm... Bohemian Rhapsody...

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Now I'm a huge Greenday fan, but aren't greenday songs famous for only using three cords, might not be the most challenging experience. I think they should use the older most punkier songs perfectly, there are some good songs on AI and 21st century but i don't think much can compare to playing Basketcase

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Rock Band Green day? oh god no....what are you thinking Harmonix while your at it you can make Rock Band Bananarama.

Pftttt I stick with Rock Band Beatles

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Trist66 said:
Dys said:
Umm, no?
A mediocre pop song doesn't really fit in with the rock band genre at all. Even if it was a fantastic song, it still wouldn't be a good choice, notice how the songs these games use tend to be shorter, faster and exciting to play, with well defined riffs or solos.
Does freebird or through fire and flames ring a bell?
I've already said no...
You're honestly drawing comparisons between greendays jesus of suburbia and lynark skynards free bird? I don't think I can even argue with you, if you can't see the difference I can't show it.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Random argument man said:
I would prefer Rock Band: Pink Floyd. You won't get the game till you're high.
Yes to the EXTREME

If this came out, I would instantly buy it, no matter what the cost. And I would never stop playing it. EVER.

EXTREME!!!

SofB

Jun 10, 2009
At the very least, Rock Band: Green Day would be easy becasue they have no musical talent whatsoever. Also
scnj said:
ROCK BAND: IRON MAIDEN!
Or Rock Band: System of a Down. That would be absolutely epic.

Gone

Apr 15, 2009
wait, let get this straight. Harmonix is going to just make new cd's with only one band and seems to match guitar herAAAAAAA. I'm still not sure about this but will it just be big download packs or like guitar hero with it's "one cd per band please"

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Are you honestly going to believe anything that comes out of the mouth of a space cadet lead singer of a band named after a euphemism for smoking weed all day? I really doubt it'll be a full game, probably just DLC.

I'm not too fond of Green Day, but meh, it could be a lot worse.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I can play a lot of green day on guitar, Its basically simple stuff.

if it IS coming, i certainly wont be getting exited. The beatles one tho...oooh :p

Rock band: Weird al ftw!

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Trist66 said:
Dys said:
Trist66 said:
Dys said:
Umm, no?
Does freebird or through fire and flames ring a bell?
I've already said no...
You're honestly drawing comparisons between greendays jesus of suburbia and lynark skynards free bird? I don't think I can even argue with you, if you can't see the difference I can't show it.
Honestly I am.

I can pick out definable parts in both songs, each song is a cornerstone for their own genre, while being different from them in the same way. Sure, they don't sound the same, but what they accomplish is almost equal.
Allright, maybe I will point out the big, obvious point.
Guitar hero games love guitar wankery, like long solos and ridiculas pace, both freebird and through fire and flames supply this, thus they would be seen as appropriate choices. Jesus of suburbia is not an instrumentally exciting song. Sure it tells a story, and it may be a cornerstone for its genre but it doesn't share the qualities that made through fire and flames or freebird appealling. I'm completely dumbfounded that you are honestly comparing southern rock with speed metal with pop punk.

Why not make a guitar hero Elvis? Some of his songs are fantastic, screw the theme of the game.....