A Horrifying Quiz!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
A Horrifying Quiz!

Get out the Cthulhu cupcakes and strap on a party hat. We're celebrating H.P. Lovecraft's birthday with a quiz about horrific videogames!

Whether you play with the lights out or stay huddled in the corner and peek between your fingers, it's time to test your knowledge of the bloody, scary, and horrifying side of gaming.

Some quick reminders: No need to rush, but your time does affect your position on the leaderboards. You can retake the quiz, but each attempt adds to your overall time. If you want to know what questions you got wrong, just click the link at the end of the quiz.

Ready...steady...BOO! (Sorry, couldn't resist. Go Take the Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/19].)

Got a quiz of your own you'd like to submit? Send it to [email protected]. If we use it, you'll receive a special badge! Please be sure to put "Quiz" as the subject and include your forum name with your submission.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I must not play enough horror games, because I guessed on most of those. I do wish...
there had been a flamethrower in Left 4 Dead, though.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
From the moment I finished the quiz, I was first! I've only guessed most of them!

Oh By the way, I got question 6 right and it says I'm wrong. Why do bugs only happens to me?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Wow...I'm first (even if it is for a short time).

Now to save a screenshot and frame it...

Apr 28, 2008
The Left 4 Dead question is acting up.

I choose flamethrower yet it tells me I'm wrong.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
I'm not sure what's going on, but there seems to be a bug in the quiz.

The problem comes in with the question "Which of these is NOT a weapon in Left 4 Dead?". After choosing the correct answer (Flamethrower), upon completion, it's listed as an incorrect answer.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
60%, not bad I guess.

Where the heck were all the Silent Hill questions? I was all ready to ace this quiz.

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Indeed.
As said multiple times the Left4Dead question is rather buggy..

Also yay for being the first quiz I get a 100% on...although 90% until the left4dead question is fixed.

*continues to wait until one of the quizzes i submitted gets used*

AliMck

ReRandomized
Jul 28, 2009
its great telling you that you got the question wrong by choosing the correct answer >.< Now listed at 2 tries because I tried again to make sure. :S

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
50% xD

Guessed half of the questions. I knew the L4D one, Stubbs, Fatal Frame, the whip one... and that was it.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Everyone should pick up a copy of At the Mountains of Madness and read it. Great read right there.

jericu

Oct 22, 2008
Other than the glitch on the left 4 dead question, it was pretty good.

I'm actually surprised that a '7th Guest' question was on here. I didn't know anyone else had heard of it before.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
oliveira8 said:
Isn't Lovecraft birthday on the 20th of August?
Which is this week, is it not?

Apologies for the problem with the L4D question. I double-checked the answers before this went live, so I'm not sure what happened. I'll see about getting your scores adjusted appropriately.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
what the hell, only 2 questions in this quiz i was sure on and i am certain i pressed the right answer yet they showed up as if i had chosen something else (2# and 10# i know theres no flamethrower in l4d and i know it was patches the dog) now that is scary.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
oliveira8 said:
Isn't Lovecraft birthday on the 20th of August?
Which is this week, is it not?

Apologies for the problem with the L4D question. I double-checked the answers before this went live, so I'm not sure what happened. I'll see about getting your scores adjusted appropriately.
It seems to work fine the second time around, as I retook it and got 100%, so that should help you find the bug.