Preview: Section 8

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Preview: Section 8

Section 8 adds its own twists to a concept that feels very, very familiar.

Read Full Article

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
You know, I think I killed you a couple times while I was playing... and yeah, for a beta tihs game is really really good. Some of the weapons need balancing, and the VIPs are just annoyingly hard to kill, but overall it's lot f fun.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Prepare to die at your hands? We shall see, Mr.Funk. We shall see.

It looks...well, I'm not sure if I would put money down for it just yet. I like the spawn mechanic, but...well I'll just get the Beta and see how I get on.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
The beta was fun... for about a Day. Suprising how New Hat turns into Old Hat so quickly with a multiplayer FPS. Orbit-Dropping is pretty sweet, and so is impact-killing an enemy (or ally) while uber-sprinting across the map, but after all the new sparklies, it's still just the same thing we've seen before ever since Duke 3d Deathmatches.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Interesting, looks abit like a Battlefield game. I'll have to give it a try.

The Great Zegrool

Jul 29, 2009
I played the beta, and, beyond the fact that it wasn't generally polished up, I really loved it.
I think that the complete version will be amazing. It seemed very original in that you could customize your loadout and drop wherever you want. The fact that each customization of your loadout could affect the gameplay a lot was very empowering.

Artemus_Cain

May 20, 2009
So it's not a videogame prequel to Section 9... damn.

Looks like fun and I'll have to give it a try, but it looks kinda halo-y...

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
John Funk doesn't get the whole "space marine" thing.
To paraphrase Louise Griffin
"Space soldiers are weak, now space marines, those are the ones you want to fuck."

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
So the game is called Section 8... Is there going to be a sequence where you try to get out of your unit by dressing in floral print dresses?

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
I'm playing the beta at the moment and really enjoying it, it's even curing me of a TF2 addiction. Only problem is the game crashes every twenty minutes or so. Hopefully the complete version won't but i'm not sure if i want to buy it or not.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
This makes me think of Tribes Aerial Assault, so I totally want it cuz I love that game.

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
I like it, very tempted to press the preorder button, off to see what the squads I used to play BF2/2142 with are up to, could play that game non-stop for hours because of squad-play - and this seem very much the same.