Preview: Section 8

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Kwil said:
Sovvolf said:
Just played the Xbox 360 demo of it, not impressed with it at the moment, the orbital drop thing is cool but the rest isn't, the guns are extremely unbalanced to the point were a direct hit with a rocket launcher will do less damage then a machine gun.
Uh.. Rocket launcher specifically says on it that it's for vehicle and structural damage. That means it doesn't do much against other players because it more or less just throws them out of the way a bit. Use it on things that are attached to the ground, or on big heavy things like the convoy vehicle and heavies, and you'll find it works rather well.

Oddly, I'm starting to have more fun with it as I play more. Some of the strategies and tactics are becoming clear now, and I'm getting better at "Death From Above" attacks.
Well I didn't read that but that aside it's still a rocket launcher, A machine bullet is not going to amount to the same damage of a rocket launcher.

tsolless

Jul 15, 2009
Sovvolf said:
Kwil said:
Sovvolf said:
Just played the Xbox 360 demo of it, not impressed with it at the moment, the orbital drop thing is cool but the rest isn't, the guns are extremely unbalanced to the point were a direct hit with a rocket launcher will do less damage then a machine gun.
Uh.. Rocket launcher specifically says on it that it's for vehicle and structural damage. That means it doesn't do much against other players because it more or less just throws them out of the way a bit. Use it on things that are attached to the ground, or on big heavy things like the convoy vehicle and heavies, and you'll find it works rather well.

Oddly, I'm starting to have more fun with it as I play more. Some of the strategies and tactics are becoming clear now, and I'm getting better at "Death From Above" attacks.
Well I didn't read that but that aside it's still a rocket launcher, A machine bullet is not going to amount to the same damage of a rocket launcher.
If the armour is made to protect from explosions but not as well against penetration, then no, a hail of bullets would be more effective then an rocket.

rofl jet

Aug 23, 2009
I once two people do that sprinting into each other and they both went flying it was hilarious

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
The Random One said:
Hooray! A Tribes sequel!
Just because it has a jetpack doesn't make it tribes. Its slower paced and doesn't have skiing.

I am kind of split right now, this game is fun, but the new patch for BF2, that gives you ALL THE BOOSTER PACKS FREE. I now know where the good part of DICE has been the last few years, still working on Battlefield 2.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
Halo but with a different story and vehicles and people, but I'm sure everybody knows that