Monster Hunter 3 Cheater Banned Until 9999

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Monster Hunter 3 Cheater Banned Until 9999

Capcom takes cheating very, very seriously. How seriously, you ask? Serious enough to ban an offender in Monster Hunter 3 for the next eight millennia.

The lesson here, clearly, is "don't piss Capcom off," because their moderators will strike you with a vengeance. A screencap posted on Livedoor.jp [http://blog.livedoor.jp/jin115/archives/51560767.html] reveals the following message sent to a player accused of cheating in the Wii's Monster Hunter 3:

[blockquote]Dear Customer

You are presently banned for using modded data to connect online. The ban will be lifted at 22:49 on 12/12/9999. The next time you violate the terms of use, you will never again be able to connect.[/blockquote]

"You will never again be able to connect," Capcom? A tad unnecessary, don't you think? Well, let's look on the bright side - one day in the far future, the distant descendants of this cheater will once again be able to play Monster Hunter 3. Unless they've inherited their ancestor's tendencies to be a cheating douchebag, that is.

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/31/monster-hunter-3-cheater-gets-banned-until-9999/])

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
hahaha gutted for that user hehe. A tad bit extreme but hillarious non the less.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Do they really have to say "modded data"...some mods are good! Why not just be blunt and say "you tool, you cheated"?

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Thats genius. How exactly did he get it. Did he give himself Cloud's Final Weapon online or something? What was so bad they had to ban him that long? Very funny though.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I wish every game company would do that if they catch a proven cheater...

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
This banhammer moment was brought to you by the Nintendo Wii. However, upon reading the text of the ban statement, it looks like he can still play the game. He just can't use modded data.

EDIT: Oh, wait. It says "for", not "from".

EDIT: I should have said Banmjollnir when I had the chance.

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
I like the fact it says "The next time you violate the terms of use, you will never again be able to connect."

That made me laugh.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I understand the 7990 year ban, but the 4 months and one minute is just salt in the wounds. So funny.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

That is some hardcore banning. Fuck a banhammer, that'a baNuke.

And I shouldn't even be surprised. You know the director of the development team and a few colleagues have already struck up over 40 hours on this thing? Considering they made the game, that's a lot.

Monster Hunter: Serious business (in Japan).