More Left 4 Dead 1 DLC to Come After Crash Course

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
More Left 4 Dead 1 DLC to Come After Crash Course

Good news for those who swear eternal allegiance to the first Left 4 Dead and no other: Valve is currently working on downloadable content for the game that will be released after the new campaign this month.

Those devious manipulators at Valve sure know how to turn a situation around to their favor. Remember those boycotters who Valve flew out [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94599-Valve-Flies-L4D2-Boycotters-to-HQ-to-Prove-Them-Wrong] to convert into Left 4 Dead 2 acolytes? Of course you do, that news only broke yesterday.

Well, apparently Valve's got them doing publicity work too, now. One of the boycotters, a fellow who goes by Walking_Target, is the new campaign [http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott/announcements/detail/90227168244139754], Crash Course, comes out this month.

"There is more DLC for Left 4 Dead coming after Crash Course," Walking_Target wrote. "We were given a rough idea of what it should be, however we were asked not to talk too much about it so it didn't 'influence the creative process.' I can tell you this: it'll either be a new Special Infected, a new Campaign or new Weapon(s). It's definitely one of the three, perhaps more."

Walking_Target also bugged Valve's developers about fixes for Left 4 Dead's numerous little problems, and was assured that things are being worked on. "I was told that bug and exploit fixes are being worked on, just like interoperability (aka. cross play)," he wrote. "We talked about the problems with some of the L4D weapons and things like stacking/camping. It was mentioned that there 'should be fixes for that' coming in the near future."

Now, is that enough proof that Valve isn't abandoning Left 4 Dead yet?

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Who cares? Valve is just proving that Left 4 Dead 2 boycotters are a bunch of dicks. + 1 to them.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
and once again the boycotters are proven to be nothing but crying fools who whine over nothing.
The Infamous Scamola said:
I'm not the guy to believe in conspiracy theories, but Valve must've paid that guy a lot to start singing like that.
or this^

either way is fine,I hope to get Left For Dead 2 regardless.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Jeez who would have thought that just doing what they said they were going to do would break the back of a ill-informed boycott movement?

Either that or the guy was just happy his 4 month plan to complain loudly enough like a 2-year-old so he could get a free trip to Valve had finally succeeded.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
cool, im really interested in the new special infected part, even tho it cant get more awesome than this guy: http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jockey

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Now, is that enough proof that Valve isn't abandoning Left 4 Dead yet?
NO BECAUSE LIK TEY HAVN'T FIXD SHIVA STACKING AND STUF L4D2 IZ GUNNA SUK!!1!!ELEVEN!

Ahem.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Valve-Next week we will be releasing 23 new campaigns for left 4 dead 1, along with 7 new infected, 172 new weapons and a new game mode where your given money for playing. This DLC will be free and will come with a new car and your very own pet tank.

Boycotter-Fuck you Valve!

The boycotter's are stubborn bastards.

EDIT:

Christemo said:
cool, im really interested in the new special infected part, even tho it cant get more awesome than this guy: http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jockey
Wow, thanks for this link. Real nice.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I'm not the guy to believe in conspiracy theories, but Valve must've paid that guy a lot to start singing like that.
Ya the price of a plane ticket and a tour of the office. Be kinda hard to bash them after getting special treatment like that.

So can someone please tell me why they couldn't announce this a few months back before the boycott and even before the L4D2 announcement? It seems to me that either games aren't nearly as hard or time consuming to make or they just announced L4D2 to create a controversy.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
squid5580 said:
Ya the price of a plane ticket and a tour of the office. Be kinda hard to bash them after getting special treatment like that.

So can someone please tell me why they couldn't announce this a few months back before the boycott and even before the L4D2 announcement? It seems to me that either games aren't nearly as hard or time consuming to make or they just announced L4D2 to create a controversy.
Except they said they were doing this pretty much on the day of, if not a day after, the L4D2 announcement at E3. They just didn't have much to show for it at the time in terms of stuff fully developed or anything. Or maybe they felt that, since they're Valve and all that, people weren't going to do something silly like decide that the sequel annoucement equaled "Valve has abandoned Left 4 Dead and wants our money"

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
AceDiamond said:
squid5580 said:

Except they said they were doing this pretty much on the day of, if not a day after, the L4D2 announcement at E3. They just didn't have much to show for it at the time in terms of stuff fully developed or anything. Or maybe they felt that, since they're Valve and all that, people weren't going to do something silly like decide that the sequel annoucement equaled "Valve has abandoned Left 4 Dead and wants our money"
If memory serves correctly they said they still planned on supporting it. They didn't give any details. I know I never heard them say a new campaign map (didn't have to be detailed just a new campaign map). I think that could have quelled alot of the anger if they had.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
OMG A SEQUEL!! I need 5 more dlc maps before buying more of what I care enogh about to make a boyocott!

I still dont own one. I am going streight to 2.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
squid5580 said:
AceDiamond said:
squid5580 said:

If memory serves correctly they said they still planned on supporting it. They didn't give any details. I know I never heard them say a new campaign map (didn't have to be detailed just a new campaign map). I think that could have quelled alot of the anger if they had.
Yeah but the thing is they already said they were going to do new DLC maps/campaigns in the past. If they reiterated it and had nothing concrete to show, nobody on the boycott side would be swayed. Instead they just decided to stick to their guns, keep developing, and show what they could when they got it out.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
lol same as this guy.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
AceDiamond said:
squid5580 said:
AceDiamond said:
squid5580 said:

Yeah but the thing is they already said they were going to do new DLC maps/campaigns in the past. If they reiterated it and had nothing concrete to show, nobody on the boycott side would be swayed. Instead they just decided to stick to their guns, keep developing, and show what they could when they got it out.
They also said there would be an episode 3. I have no doubt there will be an episode 3 but the question is will I see it in my lifetime. Have they even started on it? I understand that they can't go running around all willy nilly tellin how it will have this weapon and that new infected. I don't see the problem with saying "yes we are currently working on a new DLC campaign map that should be done by the end of the year" and leave it at that. It is vague enough not to paint themselves into a corner while reassuring thier fans that it is being worked on.

IDBash

Sep 4, 2009
SHOOT! I forgot crash course came out... I gotta go play that and see how it is!

squid5580 said:
They also said there would be an episode 3. I have no doubt there will be an episode 3 but the question is will I see it in my lifetime. Have they even started on it? I understand that they can't go running around all willy nilly tellin how it will have this weapon and that new infected. I don't see the problem with saying "yes we are currently working on a new DLC campaign map that should be done by the end of the year" and leave it at that. It is vague enough not to paint themselves into a corner while reassuring thier fans that it is being worked on.
I really hope they get Episode 3 out in the next year or 2... I am really excited to got to Aperture!! I am also looking forward to multiplayer portal combat.. :D

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Christemo said:
Yeah the Jockey is neat. There's some good footage of it in this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fOXOESHzHg#movie_player] video.

On topic, I don't see why people continued to think that Valve was not going to support L4D after they announced Crash Course. But I am surprised to hear that they might get new special infected.

squid5580 said:
They also said there would be an episode 3. I have no doubt there will be an episode 3 but the question is will I see it in my lifetime. Have they even started on it?
Well in the Episode 2 developer commentary, it is said that the fight with the hunter chopper in which you hurl the mines at it was originally intended for Episode 3, but was finished early so they decided to put it in Episode 2 instead. So they have at least been working on some parts of it for a good amount of time.