Rock Your Face Off With Brutal Legend: The Intro Movie

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Rock Your Face Off With Brutal Legend: The Intro Movie

The wait until Rocktober 13th getting you down? Feast your eyes on the first six minutes of Brutal Legend

[gamespot=6227649]

You know how when you have a bug bite or something, and it itches, and you scratch it, it feels really, really good? But then all that does is make it itch some more? It's a vicious, perpetuating cycle - and one we're falling into with Brutal Legend. Some new footage comes out that whets our appetite for the game just a bit, but then once we're done, it makes us remember that the game is still a month away. Alas and alack.

If you're the sort who doesn't mind spoilers (and we're talking spoilers about literally the first six minutes of the game) then Brutal Legend's intro movie does a great job at setting the stage for the game: Eddie Riggs is a good roadie. The best roadie, in fact. He knows what a roadie's job is, and performs it admirably, even if he thinks that metal - the metal he cherishes and adores - is dead and gone.

Or is it? (Dun dun dun! [http://www.dramabutton.com/])

Of course, the intro movie ends on a cliffhanger - they're not going to give everything away, are they? Gee, I wonder where the game could go from here. I guess we'll have to wait to find out...

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/16/this-is-how-brutal-legend-starts/])

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
That funny and awesome.

Why did they have to edit the mature parts? I wanted to see the guys get mutilated.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Heh.

A game that asks you if you want it to swear. I am so getting this game now.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Those little interuptions asking about censorship had to be a couple of the funniest things I've ever seen in a video game, and that was just the beggining of the freakin' game. This game is going to rock.

MrLS

May 17, 2009
Man that was frikin awesome, I'm glad i preordered it, i'm gonna stand and wait outside the shop until they release it so i can go home and isolate myself from the world under the next 5 playthroughs.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Oh. My. God.

Seriously though, why couldn't they just not censor everything like that?

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
...Huh? What happened? I remember awesome and then nothing.

GET BRUTAL LEGEND, get it!

Woah, where'd that come from.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
It asks you personally whether you want gore or blood and changes accordingly. Thats pretty sweet in its own right. I bet instead of the drummer getting swept away he just turns into a bloody puddle. And the bassist, singer and guitarist just get melted.

But that is one sweet intro movie. Cant wait for the Demo.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Proteus214 said:
Oh. My. God.

So you could see it the way you wanted to when you get the game?

also SO MANY GAMES COMING OUT I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES TO GET >:|

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I loved when the crowd was cheering for the demon more than the crappy band. Also, loved the line: "Please let him fall."

Osaka-chaness

Jul 4, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
That funny and awesome.

Why did they have to edit the mature parts? I wanted to see the guys get mutilated.
While I'm inclined to agree, I have to say them suddenly falling into a "group cuddle" position made me LOL. Same with the swearing getting bleeped out XD

But yes, funny and awesome. \m/

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Proteus214 said:
Oh. My. God.

Yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of verifying age beforehand.

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
Want. Want so very much.

Though the whole choosing whether or not to see the gore and hear the swearing takes the experience away a bit. I hope that that's not going to pop up constantly the entire game.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
I seraiously wanted to pat that Metal Monster and buy it a drink made of gasoline and nitroglycerine and headbang to honor it to the best of my powers till my neck cracks, only to keep banging my head as an undead worshipper of true metal power....

and that was just the Intro?

*needs to get a PS3 just for that game!*