Deadpool Movie to get Reboot

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Deadpool Movie to get Reboot

Not keen on the version of Deadpool you saw in X-Men Origins Wolverine? It seems that you're not alone.

Deadpool fans were apoplectic when they discovered that the 'merc-with-a-mouth' had been silenced at the end of the Wolverine movie and what this meant for the upcoming Deadpool movie. Fortunately for those fans however, it seems that Hollywood can occasionally do something right, as series producer Lauren Shuler Donner is keen on seeing the movie rebooted.

"I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane... We're right in the thick of talking to writers right now, and hopefully by November we'll have decided who's going to do it," she said.

"We need someone really imaginative because we want to do some really innovative, ambitious stuff. Ryan's mentioned this in an interview already but there are parts where he's going to break the fourth wall and talk directly to the audience in the cinema. We have to work out how to do that. I don't know that Fox will agree with all our decisions, but we'll see!" She added.

Just when I almost lost all hope, something like this happens. What? No, I'm not crying, I've just got something in my eye.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5384062/magneto-dead-deadpool-reboot-x+movie-update-motherlode]

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
All I asked was that Deadpool realise he's in a movie, and my dreams have come true!

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
They better to a damn good job. There are so many ways to mess Deadpool up, and actually Wolverine managed most of them.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
They should look at Wolverine's Deadpool, and do the complete opposite of that.

Deadpool is one of the best anti-heroes going, and one of the most amusing, too.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

Can we try the whole thing again?

....please?!?

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Joy of joys! /Starfire impersonation

It's nice to have some positive news every now and then.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
the funny part about the whole Deadpool in the Wolverine movie is they were bitching about some character in a movie that he was NOT the star of or the main subject of the movie.

Mar 16, 2009
Like the day after the movie aired, Ryan was saying he was set on a legitimate Deadpool experience, and was looking for a new movie for the character. It appears our prayers have been answered.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

....please?!?
Only if you fund it.

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
the funny part about the whole Deadpool in the Wolverine movie is they were bitching about some character in a movie that he was NOT the star of or the main subject of the movie.
Because it seems he's so loved. I've only saw Deadpool in XMen legends 2. I actually want to read some comics with him in them, but can't find an online archive or anything and can't be bothered sourcing the books. But Deadpool made an impact on me. His character was kind of more clumbsy than the mechanically similar nightcrawler, with a poorer teleport but better ranged attacks. I stuck with him for the Dialog though.

Mar 26, 2008
The Deadpool character started off pretty promising in Wolverine, dishing out the sarcastic insults as he is want to do. But when they:

Stitched his mouth up, gave him Cyclop's optic blast and retractable swords from his arms

I was livid!

Rappletek

Mar 26, 2008
whycantibelinus said:
scnj said:
All I asked was that Deadpool realise he's in a movie, and my dreams have come true!
Seconded.
I'll take a third on that.

To me Deadpool is a witty anti-hero, who doesn't ever stick to the rules, of either his world or the boundaries between fiction and reality..
if he A) doesn't talk and B) stays within the confines of the 4th wall then its not really Deadpool is it... its just some guy who really should wear more than Lycra :/

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
I've always loved deadpool, from his suit to him stabbing people over the last cheese puff. I hope this movie will be good, I really do.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
QuirkyTambourine said:

....please?!?
Only if you fund it.
Okay! I'll give you everything in my pocket!

*rummages around*

I've got....11 dollars, 62 cents, a piece of gum and a strand of lint. Is that enough?

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
I've loved Deadpool forever.....and you know what, I bet they'll screw it all up.

Hollywood has a tendency to do that...a lot.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
QuirkyTambourine said:

....please?!?
Only if you fund it.
Okay! I'll give you everything in my pocket!

*rummages around*

I've got....11 dollars, 62 cents, a piece of gum and a strand of lint. Is that enough?
If it was enough for the first piece of shit, it should be perfect for this one!

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Woot! That's exciting.

That means it might be possible to fit Cable in the movie, right? It'll be technically off movie-canon now. They can do whatever they want! They can ignore the Summerses family tree from hell too, if they wanted.

At least Bob or Weasel! C'mooooon, Weasel!

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
Programmed_For_Damage said:
The Deadpool character started off pretty promising in Wolverine, dishing out the sarcastic insults as he is want to do. But when they:

Stitched his mouth up, gave him Cyclop's optic blast and retractable swords from his arms

I was livid!
I think that was the reaction the movie was aiming for. The audience was supposed to be lived that someone would violate another human being like that. The only problem is that the audience got mad at the producers instead.