Deadpool Movie to get Reboot

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i dont think i have ever watched a movie that attempted to break the fourth wall, looking forward to see if they succeed, and i have until, what about summer 2012? to look forward to it.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007

It at least sounds like the people involved want to do this guy justice, which is fantastic. I started to dislike the direction of the comics after the first major story-arc, but Deadpool as a character is absolutely awesome.

His film needs to be done right, and I still think Ryan Reynolds can do him justice after his performance in Blade 3.

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
This just made my night. I'm not sure this means the movie will be any good, but at least it sounds like they're treating the source material the right way, with respect. That's better than Origins got. The director should take a look at Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, as that movie knew how to break the fourth wall in an interesting way. It can definitely be done. *crosses fingers this movie will not suck*

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
high_castle said:
This just made my night. I'm not sure this means the movie will be any good, but at least it sounds like they're treating the source material the right way, with respect. That's better than Origins got. The director should take a look at Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, as that movie knew how to break the fourth wall in an interesting way. It can definitely be done. *crosses fingers this movie will not suck*
You know I have to say you're right, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's style of fourth-wall breaks are somewhat Deadpool-esque.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Sounds cool, I was wondering a bit what the Frizzle(FUCK) they were doing in Origins when Deadpool couldn't speak. I mean, it is a bit like having a chocolate cake, and then taking out all of the chocolate, and adding lasers.

Herb sewell

Mar 30, 2009
Thank you zombie jesus.

It should still be even if they did something like in the new #900.

Pretty much just a collection of unrelated short stories ending in some sort of (usually)hilarious punchline.

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
the funny part about the whole Deadpool in the Wolverine movie is they were bitching about some character in a movie that he was NOT the star of or the main subject of the movie.
Do you think people would have been happy if they made Gimli a female elf who was scared of battle in the Lord of the Rings movie?

Main character or not, Deadpool is incredibly popular (he's currently appearing in three different issues a month) and the kind of change they did was never gonna go over well with fans.

As for this news, yes. Very yes. I'd like to think the little yellow boxes could be involved somehow.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I am one of few who liked Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool, but I guess it's because I haven't read any of his comics. But I am looking forward to seeing what kind of movie this reboot will be like. Will it turn me into a Deadpool fan? Here's hoping!

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Best way to have Deadpool break the 4th wall in a movie? Make a custom "no talking/cellphones" spot before the movie with Deadpool threatening violence on the audience if anyone tries answering a call or texting while he's working.

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
DaxStrife said:
Best way to have Deadpool break the 4th wall in a movie? Make a custom "no talking/cellphones" spot before the movie with Deadpool threatening violence on the audience if anyone tries answering a call or texting while he's working.
I would love that, as would everyone else.

Monkeytacoz

Sep 22, 2009
DaxStrife said:
i would pay to see this

hansari

May 31, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

Can we try the whole thing again?

....please?!?
Sure, why not...

In fact, Hollywood can remake it again after that if you want...and again even...

No problem for them...so long as you keep paying for it...

Budget = $150 million
Gross revenue = $373,062,569

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
The first 5 minutes of the Wolverine game was better than the entire Wolverine movie

But Ryan should drop the Green Lantern role if he wants to do Deadpool properly

How are they going to have a main character who you don't see the face anyway?

MattyJ

Jul 4, 2009
QuirkyTambourine said:
Well if they reboot the Deadpool plot from Origins...doesn't that make the whole Wolverine movie moot? Please say it does

Can we try the whole thing again?

....please?!?
I pretty much always was seeing how Saber tooth was already in the first x-men movie anyway. I hope they have Reynolds playing him again he was great as Wade, you know, until they turned him into that Weapon XI thing that sucked so much ass.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
cleverlymadeup said:
the funny part about the whole Deadpool in the Wolverine movie is they were bitching about some character in a movie that he was NOT the star of or the main subject of the movie.
Do you think people would have been happy if they made Gimli a female elf who was scared of battle in the Lord of the Rings movie?

Main character or not, Deadpool is incredibly popular (he's currently appearing in three different issues a month) and the kind of change they did was never gonna go over well with fans.

As for this news, yes. Very yes. I'd like to think the little yellow boxes could be involved somehow.
yeah well here's a news flash, he's NOT part of Wolverine's origin story. if you want anyone you should put in James and Heather Hudson because they were major parts of his back story. oh yeah and the rest of Alpha Flight should have been in there, not Deadpool

Mar 26, 2008
Pseudonym2 said:
Programmed_For_Damage said:
The Deadpool character started off pretty promising in Wolverine, dishing out the sarcastic insults as he is want to do. But when they:

Stitched his mouth up, gave him Cyclop's optic blast and retractable swords from his arms

I was livid!
I think that was the reaction the movie was aiming for. The audience was supposed to be lived that someone would violate another human being like that. The only problem is that the audience got mad at the producers instead.
Probably because they raped one of my favorite characters in the process. Had it been some no-name character they did it too we might have had more sympathy rather than vitriol for the producers.