Mega Man 10 Trailer Gives Robot Masters Swine Man Flu

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mega Man 10 Trailer Gives Robot Masters Swine Man Flu

The robots in Mega Man 10 may be calling their disease "Roboenza," but let's all be honest here for a moment: We know what they really have.

So in case you were rolling your eyes at the announcement of another retro-style Mega Man [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96675-The-Blue-Bomber-Returns-to-WiiWare-in-Mega-Man-10], wondering just how Dr. Wily would be up to no good this time, you might want to stop and wait a moment, because the villain this time isn't Dr. Wily at all! No, judging by the trailer, the villain is an apathetic computer virus called "Roboenza," which makes robots shut down - and then makes them turn evil and run amok.

So it looks like there won't be any Dr. Wily at all, for once! Yep, no Dr. Wily here - just a natural, harmless little freak-of-nature disease that's sunk its chops into Mega Man's sister Roll.

Oh, I can't keep that up: Of course it's Dr. Wily's plan. It's always Dr. Wily's plan! But the trailer shows some of the new enemies and stages in Mega Man 10 that will be out to kill the Blue Bomber dead, from a sand level and a fire level to something that looks very computer-y. It also shows off the game's music, which (in keeping with what we know of the series) should be catchy as all hell.

If you watch to the very end, you'll also catch a glimpse of the game's Easy Mode. And when they say Easy Mode, they're not kidding. Wow - Mega Man should feel almost insulted.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/17/mega-man-10-first-trailer-and-screens/])

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Haha, the easy mode made me smile.
"Aaaand we'll just cover up all spikes to you can walk across!"
They weren't kidding when they said 'easy'!

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Playing as Protoman? this will be the awesome! I remember having the protoshield from a different megaman game but playing as protoman will be a different experience! also in megamn THERE IS NO EASY MODE there is only one mode.... hard mode

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
That first stage looked like some kind of football stadium.

But any ways, old man rant go!

"Easy mode *grumble grumble*. Back in my day *grumble grumble*. Kids these days *grumble grumble* ect."

I'm old...

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Xzi said:
Wait a sec...correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Megaman X the same as Megaman 10? I'd much rather see a release of X on XBLA.
No. The X in Megaman X is not a Roman numeral, it's meant to stand for "Experimental" or "Extreme". Besides, if it really did stand for 10, you'd have to explain what happened to Megaman XI.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I wonder if Roll will be a boss at some point, considering the infected robots try to take over the world. That'd be kind of cool.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
So now, Megaman fights zombie robots. Sweet. Next up: Ninja Pirate Vampire Cowboy Alien Nazi Wizard Zombie Robots!

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Kollega said:
So now, Megaman fights zombie robots. Sweet. Next up: Ninja Pirate Vampire Cowboy Alien Nazi Zombie Robots!
.............. Fucking A!
But, seriously there better be 2 player co-op or easier proto man modes

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
Xzi said:
Wait a sec...correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Megaman X the same as Megaman 10? I'd much rather see a release of X on XBLA.
Nope, X was considered a first entry into a different franchise, thus X2 - X8 (did X9 ever come out? doesn't matter, X5 was the last good one).

Roboenza may be a precursor to the Maverick Virus, however, so maybe Wily unleashes Sigma.

Dreyfuss

Nov 8, 2007
EASY MODE? I thought the whole goddamn POINT of Mega Man 9 was to bring retro gaming and all its challenge back so the new generation can develop some goddamn skills. And now they add EASY MODE?!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm, maybe I should get this. What better way than to start off my first time playing a series than playing it with robot swine flu?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that just because a game is designed like the old ones, it doesn't have to look and sound like the 8-bit era never ended?

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
an easy mode for mega man! finally i get to feel how its like to complete a mega man game, and a zombie mega man game at that, not swine flu, zombie virus.