Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

A patch for Modern Warfare 2 went live this morning for Xbox Live users, with other platforms to follow, to fix many bugs including the Akimbo bug, infinite ammo, and "public" private match issues.

Robert Bowling, Director of Communications and Community Manager for Infinity Ward, announced via Playstation 3 patch [http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/statuses/6946843294] was released last week and a PC patch on the way.

The full text of the Tweet from Bowling, aka Fourzerotwo: "Alright, just got word the MW2 Xbox 360 patch should start going live at 2 AM. You can now remove my face from your dartboards... for now."

There is also an update on the Infinity Ward forums from Bowling which states what the patch was meant to fix across all the platforms: "Includes: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also)."

Can anyone report whether the patch went live for them? Were the bugs squashed like a civilian in a Russian airport? Sorry...

Source: Joystiq [http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/statuses/6946843294]

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
I'm interested in how precisely the 1887s have been balanced, those things drive me up the wall... as did public private matches on Rust... brrr...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Maybe now the hate for the unbalanced multiplayer for MW2 will go unjustified.

Or will people find other things to complain about?

Of course they will

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Mr.Wiggles said:
Greg Tito said:
Includes: 1887s Balanced.
Can someone tell me it means by this?? Balanced as in no more akimbos or what???
The overpowering factor of 1887 Akimbos (as I was told by my brother) is that their accuracy factor rolled over, so instead of being super inaccurate at longer range they became super accurate.

At least, that's how I heard it. Fixing that means that they'll still be akimbo-able, but they'll no longer be nearly as effective at long range like they used to be.

Frankly I don't care either way, I'll stick to my Spaz 12. There's something so satisfying about a pump-action shotgun. Like bolt-action rifles.

grimsprice said:
Did it fix the javlin glitch? Or am i like a million years late on that news.
Fixed a while ago.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I don't know about anyone else, but 1887s are still cheap as hell in the matches I've been playing. I was kind of hoping they at least take out dual 1887s and just have one.

Also, you can still move super fast with the lightweight/marathon/commando combo while holding a care package marker. (not sure if thats an exploit)

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Javelin glitch was fixed awhile ago.

Am I the only one that never really saw a problem with the akimbo 1887's?
Seriously, they were unlocked so late (Level 63) because they were powerful.
You get to use what you earn.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Greg Tito said:
"Includes: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix (eliminates any edits to IWD files also)."
False
False
No idea, not my platform
No idea, not my platform
False

Yes it patched to version 174, which is cracked already so pirates can go laugh at people who bought it again.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If this multiplayer is supposed to be so amazing (same as with the last), how come all I ever hear about either of them is the ridiculous amount of glitches?

I mean, yeah you'll get them in any game, but it just seems like a constant stream of them.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I had a glitch yesterday that said I was in team death match but it was domination, soo when it hit 200, it just kept going, and going. It was fun though:p Someone ruined it with a nuke.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
Mr.Wiggles said:
Greg Tito said:
Includes: 1887s Balanced.
Can someone tell me it means by this?? Balanced as in no more akimbos or what???
When used with akimbo, the range is lowered. I'm not sure how much the range has been lowered, but I'm assuming it's reasonably balanced.

And as for everything else being fixed, I haven't really played too much today so I haven't noticed if any of them have been properly 'squashed like a russian civvie'. Knowing iW however, a worse bug will probably pop up shortly.