Modern Warfare 2 Patched, All Is Better Now

Fudgo

Apr 11, 2009
Greg Tito said:
The full text of the Tweet from Bowling, aka Fourzerotwo: "Alright, just got word the MW2 Xbox 360 patch should start going live at 2 AM. You can now remove my face from your dartboards... for now."
Ok, I lol'd at that last part.

But the games still far from perfect. The matchmaking, host migration, and spawn system are still a bit shite, the assault rifles as well as well as a few other guns are a bit on the strong side, and the killstreaks are a bit out of control as well, among other things...

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Better to patch than to not patch says the optimist in me. The real me says this shit shouldn't even be in the game in the first place!

But still, better it gone than not at all.

Cyberjester

Oct 10, 2009
Greg Tito said:
and "public" private match issues.[/B]

but a Playstation 3 patch was released last week
PS3 patch didn't fix that. It did fix the exploding javelin glitch, but public private matches are still very much in.

Amnestic said:
[There's something so satisfying about a pump-action shotgun. Like bolt-action rifles.
And yet they generally leave out the bolt-action rifles. :(

Frostie

Oct 28, 2008
Armored Prayer said:
Also, you can still move super fast with the lightweight/marathon/commando combo while holding a care package marker. (not sure if thats an exploit)
You run faster with less weight in your hands, like with a pistol. It's not an exploit just clever gameplay. Suicide bombing is fun!

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
For weapon balance all I can say is that at least half the people in any match use the SCAR.

HUBILUB said:
Maybe now the hate for the unbalanced multiplayer for MW2 will go unjustified.
When I play there's usually someone whining about "noobtubers" and in some rare cases even "campers" in a Domination match.

Frostie said:
You run faster with less weight in your hands, like with a pistol. It's not an exploit just clever gameplay. Suicide bombing is fun!
I got the impression that your primary weapon has an effect on your speed no matter what you have in your hand, certainly feels slower to run when I've got an LMG or riot shield on my back than when I've got an SMG, even when I've got the pistol in hand.

Ghonzor said:
Am I the only one that never really saw a problem with the akimbo 1887's?
Seriously, they were unlocked so late (Level 63) because they were powerful.
You get to use what you earn.
Powerful stuff should not be unlocked late, it just creates imbalances between those who bothered to grind and those who did not independent of their skill levels. I treat MW2 multiplayer as a casual game to mess around in instead of a serious competitive game for that reason, a game isn't competitive if you don't get a level playing field to work with. Hell, a player below lv30 can't even effectively shoot a heli down!

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
KDR_11k said:
HUBILUB said:
Maybe now the hate for the unbalanced multiplayer for MW2 will go unjustified.
When I play there's usually someone whining about "noobtubers" and in some rare cases even "campers" in a Domination match.
[sub]Read the invisible text on my first comment
>.>
<.<[/sub]

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
HUBILUB said:
[sub]Read the invisible text on my first comment
>.>
<.<[/sub]
I did, just had to point out the hilarity of complaining about "campers" in a game mode that's not TDM.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Those public private matches made me rage like nothing else, I went FUCKING BALLISTIC last night when it happened to me 3 times in a row. I snapped my headphone and was || this close to snapping the disc.

So ridiculously retarded. Every single time I would try play domination it would throw me into a 24 player hardcore free for all on rust. The problem with this is, the map is fucking tiny and their aren't enough spawns, you are literally always entirely on tops of people and can't last more than 5 secs because all the spawns are camped aswell. I don't think I have ever been so pissed off at a game that I was every time I got thrown into one of those games, they aren't even fun. So glad I didn't thrown my controller into my lcd tv.

Maybe I can actually play a proper game now that all that is fixed.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Thats very nice.

But I don't have it yet....

Been far too busy with Batman:AA

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I'm sure we'll be hearing about some other major glitch real soon. There has to be several thousand people trying to break the game daily.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sronpop said:
Those public private matches made me rage like nothing else, I went FUCKING BALLISTIC last night when it happened to me 3 times in a row. I snapped my headphone and was || this close to snapping the disc.

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

It's a game. It's annoying, yes. But destroying your £15-or-so headset and considering destroying your £26-50 disc over it? Seriously?

You crazy, boi.