Analyst Predicts GTA 5 at Next E3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Analyst Predicts GTA 5 at Next E3

A market analyst is predicting that Rockstar will announce the next installment in the GTA series at the next E3.

Jesse [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96177-Analyst-Marketing-Trumps-Reviews-in-Driving-Game-Sales] Divnich [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96636-Analyst-Calls-It-Nintendo-Wins-the-Console-War], a market analyst for EEDAR, is predicting that Rockstar will tease the next Grand Theft Auto game at the 2010 E3."I think there won't be any playable stuff. I think they'll give you some type of teaser, because we do think that a year from then in 2011 we're going to see another Grand Theft Auto," he said.

When asked about exclusivity deals, Divnich was skeptical, saying that Grand Theft Auto, while still a big brand, wasn't the unit shifting behemoth that it once was. "Back in 2004, the Grand Theft Auto was a huge brand, but only relative to the other brands that existed at the time. While the GTA brand is certainly bigger now than it was five years ago, others have emerged to reach similar levels of success, such as Call of Duty or Guitar Hero."

"I don't foresee Microsoft or Sony attempting to obtain any type of exclusivity with the next Grand Theft Auto. Microsoft paid a lot of money for exclusivity on the downloadable content for GTA IV, which unfortunately did little to move consoles for Microsoft."

If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230532?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
At this rate in the next 10 years they may catch up to Square for game with long numbers after them.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Oooh! Oooh! Can I play?

Amnestic Analyst predicts Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 and Halflife 3: Episode 2 at next E3.

If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.
I think it's about time we brought GTA back to London.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Fuck I really want it to be somewhere that isn't in the US for once.

Also did anyone else find it funny that they used a GTA IV pic? Idk but seeing the logo in the corner seemed hilarious to me since this is talking about V.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i think the analysts will be wrong, yet again. they've said a few times that GTA V isn't coming out any time soon

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Aslong as there is no liberty city i will be happy. Im sick of playing that damn city on every GTA game!
I hoep they make a remark of London or a next (i sppose "now"?) gen console remark of San Andreas.

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Completely destroyable terrain and buildings, ion-cannons that are able to burn through an entire block with a single shot and it'll have platformer-esque controls.

That is what sandbox games require in my opinion and for less they shouldn't bother any more.

A map-creator would be good too for multiplayer and goofing around.

How to do:
Your character can sleep anywhere and when you do nanobots rebuild the entire map so you won't be screwed when you get a mission called "Rob the general store" if you blew up the general store a few missions ago. Take a nap and it's back.
Every character you find is killable, because of that your missions will be brought to you through the mail (You could kill the mailman too. But after 10 dead mailmans your mail will be delivered by ninjas who are nearly impossible to see and nearly impossible to kill. Unless you're dressed like a pirate, then a single sip of your bottle of rum will vaporize every ninja on the map)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
The DSM said:
At this rate in the next 10 years they may catch up to Square for game with long numbers after them.
Hell, at this rate they can prolly do it in 5...

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i don't hope they skip vice city, gta vice city is still my favorite sand box game (brutal legend came oh so close) and for me its the last game before the series went down hill, i hope they will make a silly funny gta again, but i guess they can do that in any city.

also i really doubt they will make gta 5, ill eat my own hat if they don't make 2-5 gta4 "blabla" before going to number 5.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I doubt it will be titled GTAV. I predict it will be titled GTA: Fictional City.

It will most likely run on the same engine as GTAIV but with more graphical enhancements and gameplay additions similar to what they did with Vice City and San Andreas after GTAIII. I think they will save V for the next generation of GTA games.

As far as the location, I'm hoping for somewhere new. I loved Liberty City but parts of it gave me a "been there, done that" feeling from playing so many other games set in New York. I would love to see a location with a more mountainous environment as well. Liberty City was a bit too flat. Something similar to San Andreas would be preferable with several different cities and environments, but I'm hoping for something completely different.

aequidens

Nov 9, 2009
There are five GTA3 games (including LC and VC stories), so I think there'll be a lot more stuff in the 4 engine before a fifth will be launched, which will probably be when the next consoles are already out.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Woodsey said:
I wonder when all these analysts are planning to get real jobs.
This. I think the astrologer for Famitsu gets more done than the analysts.

That being said, why does Rockstar have to announce GTAV next year? Maybe they have some new IP they'd like to share, instead...