Analyst Predicts GTA 5 at Next E3

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Aslong as there is no liberty city i will be happy. Im sick of playing that damn city on every GTA game!
I hoep they make a remark of London or a next (i sppose "now"?) gen console remark of San Andreas.
It's just a name. The cities aren't identical.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
RanD00M said:
Amnestic said:
I think it's about time we brought GTA back to London.
Not just yet.First Vice City,then they can do your precious London.
We've already had two games with Vice City in since our last London game (which was only an expansion to begin with as memory serves). I think it's about time we got to revisit merry old England - or somewhere else in Britain. Hell, just getting out of America would be nice.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Amnestic said:
RanD00M said:
Amnestic said:
We've already had two games with Vice City in since our last London game (which was only an expansion to begin with as memory serves). I think it's about time we got to revisit merry old England - or somewhere else in Britain. Hell, just getting out of America would be nice.
Christ, the controversy it'll cause if it's based on London again...

NY must sort of be used to it by now (most games base their city environments on at least some aspects if it's set in America), but when was the last time London was done in a game?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
If it comes down to GTA V and Saints Row 3 this time, for me i'm going to be getting SR3, considering how much better than GTA IV SR2 was.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
yeah they'll show a teaser and nuthin else, kinda like L.A. Noir and Agent...so where are those games Rockstar?

(P.S. L.A. Noir was announced way back in 2006 with only a teaser, nothing else has shown up since then)

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I actually disagree with the analyst. Sure, there will probably be a new GTA in the new future (as in, 2-3 years from now), but I doubt it will debut at E3, since Rockstar rarely show their faces at the place (with the possible exception of the announcement of The Agent being developed for the PS3).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Woodsey said:
Amnestic said:
RanD00M said:
Amnestic said:

NY must sort of be used to it by now (most games base their city environments on at least some aspects if it's set in America), but when was the last time London was done in a game?
As far as I know it was "Gangs of London" for the PSP (2006) released by the same guys who did The Getaway series.

Well, late 2007 if you count it being released on the PSN.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Amnestic said:
Woodsey said:
Amnestic said:
RanD00M said:
Amnestic said:

As far as I know it was "Gangs of London" for the PSP (2006) released by the same guys who did The Getaway series.

Well, late 2007 if you count it being released on the PSN.
Not too far back then.

Still - it's GTA. For many people the only videogame in existence is GTA. I don't predict things going well if that's what they do.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Amnestic said:
If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.
Maybe. Maybe somewhere wholy new!

Anywho, as for why the DLC failed to sell well, ITS BECAUSE IT WAS DLC!

With GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, we got new cities, complete new stories, and people who didn't like GTA III could just buy GTA VC or SA without the original GTA III CD

With the GTA IV dlc, we got the same city, with new stories (though shorter than a full game), and you had to have already bought GTA IV. Though it was cheaper.

The problem with the DLC is it was it could only be bought by a reduced market, and then further reduced still by exclusively agreement with Microsoft. Hell, I couldn't buy it for awhile as I didn't have a wireless modem, and I didn't feel like moving my XBox downstairs to wire the connection straight to the modem. Basically, Rockstar, I enjoyed GTA IV, and I also enjoyed the DLC's, but please, don't fuck yourself like that again - I enjoy most of your games too much to want to see you implode through foolishness.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Doug said:
Amnestic said:
If Rockstar follows its own pattern, GTA V will be set in Vice City, but given how gorgeous Liberty City was in GTA IV, I'm kind of hoping that it jumps the gun and heads straight for San Andreas, because I want to see what Rockstar does with Las Venturas.
Maybe. Maybe somewhere wholy new!
You know what? Not a bad plan.

Woodsey said:
Not too far back then.

Still - it's GTA. For many people the only videogame in existence is GTA. I don't predict things going well if that's what they do.
Was going to say DEFCON might count as well (since London was technically in it. Technically!), but that was 2006 as well, although there was meant to be a DS port in Q3 2009. Dunno if that ever hit shelves though; I certainly never saw it.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Make it in Vice City. And PLEASE make it fun again. GTA4 had great characters but they removed all the fun weapons, all the fun vehicles, all the fun clothes and all the other fun and random stuff. Oh yeah and give us more than just city city city.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Crossing my fingers for another San Andreas. It made no real sense, was more than a little barmy and was a load more fun than GTA4 because of it.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Why has no one suggested Australia yet? Hell, they could have a mission where you kill an infamous attourney-general...

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
wait didnt at some point a while ago rockstar said that after GTA4 all GTA's after will be a ps3 exclusive? I am I mistaken?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
I'm fine with going back to San Andreas, as long as it isn't another sterotypical "gangsta" trying to reclaim the hood. But, I just want to see a new GTA game set in either Vice City or San Andreas with awesome graphics, gameplay like GTA IV, and a new storyline and characters.
But that's what made SA great, the many references to Boyz in da Hood and stereotypical "Gangsta rap" of the early 90's.

Still, it was laid on a bit thick.