Dr. Pepper Giving Away Free EA DLC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Dr. Pepper Giving Away Free EA DLC

Dr. Pepper has teamed up with EA to give away free, exclusive DLC for Battlefield Heroes [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968926&sr=1-1] and other games to anyone willing to suck back a bottle of that sugary swill.

I'm sure I'll have dozens to people rushing to defend Dr. Pepper against my scurrilous, mean-spirited accusations any minute now, but you know what? I don't care. I don't drink the stuff. It could be bottled fizzy yak pee for all I care. What I do care about is that for most of 2010, every bottle of Dr. Pepper will also include a code for free DLC for EA games including Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001QXNBJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278699912&sr=1-1] and others.

Every 14, 16 and 20 ounce bottle of Dr. Pepper and certain variants (although apparently not Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper, and no, I'm not making that up) and, beginning in April, 32 ounce fountain cups will contain a code that can be entered at the Dr. Pepper website. There are rules and regulations, of course, accounts to be set up, skill-testing questions to be answered and so forth, but once you work your way through it you'll be given a link to EA's website, where you can claim your DLC of choice.

There's no indication as to what kind of DLC is on offer; the Dr. Pepper site says only that all the games in question require an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Mac and/or PC, that Battlefield Heroes is only supported by the PC and that The Sims 3 and Spore [http://www.amazon.com/Spore-Mac/dp/B000FKBCX4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280784876&sr=1-1] are available on both the PC and Mac. Beyond that, it's a completely mystery. Maybe you'll get a Dr. Pepper machine installed on the Normandy. But hey, it's free!

The Dr. Pepper DLC giveaway is running until March 31 and then again from July 1 to December 31, 2010. To learn more or enter a code, head over to www.drpepper.com [http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/]. (And be sure to pop back and tell us what you won.)

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Well now that is a new way to pay for DLC.
I would be all over this if it was Coke.
But Dr. Pepper? Ew.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Not sure what kind OF DLC while be available. I dont drink it but a friend at work swears by the stuff.

So ill prolly leech from him =D

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
As a huge Dr. Pepper supporter I can safely say that I approve this message.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
HUBILUB said:
Dr. Pepper is disgusting.

I shall not do it!
Baby Tea said:
But Dr. Pepper? Ew.
hazabaza1 said:
Bleh, no thank you.
I'll buy the drinks I like, DLC or no.
What's up with all the DR. Pepper hate?
It tastes good enough, and it soothes my voice. (I have no idea how, it just does)

OT: Oh yeah, whoohoo, like we get all that cool stuff here in Holland =(

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Andy Chalk said:
although apparently not Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper, and no, I'm not making that up
Cherry Chocolate Diet Dr. Pepper is actually not bad, though I've only tried it once.

It's an interesting promo though. I'm sure the internet will tell us what the DLC is in rather short order.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Trotgar said:
Buggrit, I don't like Dr. Pepper.
You know, if you rearrange the letters of Dr. Pepper, you get 'Pee' with a few letters left over.
That's enough for me.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Aunel said:
HUBILUB said:
Dr. Pepper is disgusting.

I shall not do it!
Baby Tea said:
But Dr. Pepper? Ew.
hazabaza1 said:
Bleh, no thank you.
I'll buy the drinks I like, DLC or no.
What's up with all the DR. Pepper hate?
It tastes good enough, and it soothes my voice. (I have no idea how, it just does)

OT: Oh yeah, whoohoo, like we get all that cool stuff here in Holland =(
I hate it

It is disgusting.

ROAR!

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I like Doctor Pepper.

It's not my favourite of course, but I like it a little.

I'll buy one bottle and then resume to my prefered pop crap called no caffeine, no sugar, presidents choice cola.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Trotgar said:
Buggrit, I don't like Dr. Pepper.
You know, if you rearrange the letters of Dr. Pepper, you get 'Pee' with a few letters left over.
That's enough for me.
Or if you think immaturely enough, you get "Doctor PP Pee."

So some really pissy piss.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
America only, or do we get it in the UK? Because we have different bottle measurements here.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
What it is not on Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr Pepper? Then what is the bloody point. Boycott!