Capcom and Microsoft Tease Special Announcement

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Capcom and Microsoft Tease Special Announcement

A teaser page on the Japanese Xbox site indicates that Japanese landmark Capcom and Microsoft will have something big to announce next Tuesday, January 26th.

Quite the mystery indeed: The image you see here to the right showed up on the Japanese Xbox site [http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/] yesterday, teasing some sort of joint venture between Capcom and Microsoft. The only information thus far is the words "Capcom Title Premiere for Xbox 360," and the date: January 26th, 2010.

Seeing as how they're on the inside, the folks at Capcom Unity Blog [http://www.capcom-unity.com/kramez/blog/2010/01/22/many_surprises_coming_from_capcom_and_microsoft_on_jan._26!] know what's up, but naturally they're not telling. Though, judging by the title of the post, the 26th might not bring just one surprise, but "many surprises" from the popular Japanese publisher and the hardware manufacturer. "We can't tell you about all the delicious secrets that will be unveiled at this event, but we can hint that some of the news will be of interest to a global gamer audience," quoth the Unity Blog.

And that's... pretty much all we know. So guess what? It's time for wild speculation, kids!

Obviously, this will mark the announcement of at least one new Capcom game coming out exclusively for the Xbox 360 - though perhaps only temporarily so, given the trend in the industry. But what could it be?

I'm going to hazard a completely baseless guess here: Given that the 26th is the day that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom hits stores here in North America, I predict that the announced game will follow Ryota Niitsumi's statement [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97650-Capcom-May-Announce-New-Versus-Title-This-Year] that there might be a new Versus title in the works. Yes, you heard me right: This new game will be Capcom vs. Microsoft - Ryu and Ken throw down with Master Chief and, uh, Clippy the Paperclip.

Okay, probably not. But it could still happen!

Stay tuned.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I would be vaguely curious if I owned a 360, but alas, I'll have to survive with my PS3 and PC. Poor me.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Jan 26 is the date I cut myself off from the world to bask in the glory of Mass Effect 2. So it'll have to wait until like march before I care.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Maybe some news about Lost Planet 2
The first thing that came to mind. I might do the maths

Capcom=C Microsoft=M C=Lost Planet 2 or Resi 5 Lost Planet 2 x M= Exclusive XBOX360 for Lost Planet 2? Or the same for Resi 5?

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Microsoft doesn't have very many exclusive characters...
And the few they do are boring generic space marines and the like.

(Note: Hyperbole in the above text)

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Well, let's hope it's a new G&G, or perhaps the return of (dare I say it) VIEWTIFUL JOE?!?!

It's definitely not Lost Planet 2 though. They've already got DEMOS out for that, so I doubt there's anything special for them to reveal on that front.

Of course, it could be a new franchise, or they might just be porting some of their older games to XBLA... ah, the possibilities.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Don't tell me... they're re-releasing that Japanese rape game in conjunction with Natal. IT'S TRUE ISN'T IT!!!

Nothing really to do with Capcom though.... I'll keep thinking....

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
I got it! A fighting game involving Natal!
Ehh? EHH?
Well you did say 'wild' speculation.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Microsoft and Capcom present ...

Capcom vs YOU!

One of many gimmicky new Project Natal exclusive games. Other titles including YOUR Lost on this Planet and, Resident Evil YOU

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
I wonder what this will be. Maybe a new Dead Rising? Never too late for Dead Rising 3.
That would be so sweet! Love the previous installments!

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
The phrase "Title Premier" makes me think it's going to be a new game altogether, not a new installment to a Capcom franchise.

As for wild speculation, I predict...
A MEDIEVAL ACTION ADVENTURE RPG THAT FOLLOWS THE STORY OF AN ANGST FILLED BOY, WHO IS ACCOMPANIED BY A WOLF THAT TALKS TO HIM WITHOUT MOVING ITS MOUTH! HE UP IN AN UNDERPRIVILEGED HOME AND WAS SENT TO LEARN THE WAYS OF COMBAT IN THE NATION'S LIFELONG MILITARY RECRUITMENT WHEN HIS FAMILY COULD NO LONGER AFFORD TO KEEP THEIR CHILDREN FED! NOW IN HIS TEENAGE YEARS, HE HAS DISCOVERED THAT AN EVIL TYRANT RAZED HIS VILLAGE TO THE GROUND, BUT HIS BROTHER SURVIVED! AS IT TURNS OUT, BOTH HE AND HIS BROTHER ARE THE DESTINED DUO TO DEFEAT A LONG DORMANT EVIL THAT THE TYRANT FOOLISHLY SEEKS TO UNLEASH AND TAKE CONTROL OF! YOU MUST FIND YOUR BROTHER AND WORK TOGETHER TO BEAT THE TYRANT. AS IT TURNS OUT, THE WOLF WAS YOUR BROTHER ALL ALONG! HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW, BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER SEALED HIM IN A WOLF FORM TO PROTECT HIM BEFORE THE ATTACK, AND KNEW THAT HE WOULD TRY TO STOP THE TYRANT ALONE IF HE KNEW HIS FAMILY WAS IN TROUBLE! YOU BREAK THE SPELL AND DEFEAT THE TYRANT, WHO WAS YOUR FATHER ALL ALONG!!!

(maybe)

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Something tells me that it's yet another game I won't particularly care about, Capcom or not.