Capcom and Microsoft Tease Special Announcement

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Witness the greatest new IP of 2010:

It's Haloman! It'll be just like Megaman except that you are green and since it has the Halo franchise name it'll sell millions. Foolproof plan to take over the world or just a lazy excuse from the formerly great Capcom studio...you decide!

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
It's odd, I like alot of capcom games. I like alot of Microsoft games/hardware. Yet, this doesnt excite me at all. Watch it be some japan exclusive nonsense. It seems like alot of Devs are running tail between thier legs to old IPs. So even given that it says "Title Premier" It's hard for me to keep from assuming its not some Capcom interpretation of Halo like Metroid Other M. If its truly an original IP then were not conducting wild speculation, were conducting blind speculation. Anyway enough beating around the bush. My guess, space fighter SIM with solid flight mechanics by microsoft, and style + and godawful story by capcom.

Aug 25, 2009
Capcom, yay I feel excitement welling within me.

Seriously, I couldn't care less. If thy release a game I think looks good, or might be vaguely interested in when it finally reaches bargain bin prices, I'll buy it then, but the chances are it will go the way of all secretly hinted at massive genre-defying masterpieces.

Overhype leading to scathing reviews as it never quite lives up to the promise of its initial previews, long development times holding it back until it finally gets relaased over a year after it was supposed to hit shelves and no one cares anymore. Otherwise it'll be some sort of ridiculous sequel to something that never needed a sequel, a reboot or remake of a franchise under a year old, or just something utterly generic and mindlessly awful that barely even registers as a blip on everyone's radar.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
who cares? thats the day mass Effect comes out here in the states. Its gonna have to be the freaking apocalypse to get me to pay attention to something besides that game.

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Wild speculation it is.

Strider doesn't have an instalment on the 360. That'd be a "Title Premier" I suppose.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Unless this has to do with Devil May Cry 5 or Marvel Vs Capcom 3 I don't think I'll care all that much about this secret game going to the 360. But if it is indeed either of the two I'm gonna be one pissed off giant. >=(

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Hooray for announcements announcing announcements. Sorry but after Bioware did it with RTO and the fiasco that ensued I no longer care about these kinds of things. Give me something concrete or kindly STFU until you can.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
scotth266 said:
Well, let's hope it's a new G&G, or perhaps the return of (dare I say it) VIEWTIFUL JOE?!?!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

LET IT BE SO

I would purchase a 360 for this game and proceed to make love to the disk.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well considering the date listed on that blog perhaps it's a game themed around Australia day. A minigame where have to drink as much as you can without falling over, a singstar type bit where you sing the national anthem, a point and click dialogue choice orientated section where you work your way through a community breakfast.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I'd totally put money on the paperclip to win the fight (assuming you scaled him up to human size).

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
I have to agree with Mr Funk on this one. The first thing I thought of was the recent news that Capcom are interested in another versus title.

Mind you, I don't really want another rehash of a franchise. Capcom established Lost Planet on Microsoft's console, so I'm hoping they'll mention another new IP in this announcement.

Aside from the afformentioned versus title, it's also quite likely to be some news on Natal. Whether it's just Capcom saying "yo, Natal's pretty bitchin'. Peace!" or something a bit more interesting.

Stumblebee

Jan 23, 2010
Capcom has been going retro lately, what with Megaman 9 and 10 and Dark Void Zero. And Microsoft has that Game Room feature coming in March, right?

So I'm calling it. Capcom has entered an agreement with Microsoft to develop new retro IPs for the Game Room, starting with this new title.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Wild Speculation? There's an X in there, so ya'll on the 360 side will be getting Megaman X9.