Kratos Invading Slurpee Machines Nationwide

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Kratos Invading Slurpee Machines Nationwide

When Kratos needs a pick-me-up, he heads over to his local 7-Eleven for a Kratos-flavored Slurpee and a Big Bite.

Starting tomorrow, 7-Eleven will begin to sell an exclusive new flavor of Slurpee called "Kratos Fury." That name isn't a coincidence, the new flavor is part of a God of War III [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968473&sr=1-1] marketing campaign that will also include a host of Slurpee cups based on the game.

Kratos Fury is a blend of blackberry and lime formulated by Sony and Mountain Dew, which sounds delicious. If only I didn't think Slurpees were a slurry unworthy of my consumption, I'd be more excited about this. Lime and blackberry are much better tasting than blood and rage, which is how fellow Escapist writer Logan Westbrook feels a Kratos Slurpee should taste.

Each of the four different God of War III Slurpee cups will provide Slurpee Nation codes that can be redeemed for special DLC. According to the PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/kratos-fury-invading-local-7-eleven-stores], these codes will unlock new Kratos costumes, PlayStation 3 themes, or God of War III behind the scenes content. If you aren't a fan of Slurpees, picking up some Mountain Dew at 7-Eleven will also provide a code that can be used to unlock a Mountain Dew hoodie or God of War III t-shirt in PlayStation Home.

Too bad for me, I don't like Mountain Dew either, so I guess I have to miss out on all the fun. I do love myself a good hot dog cooked on a roller machine though. Pop one in a Pandora's Box, and you've got yourself a Dog of War. Make it happen, 7-Eleven.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
disappointed. I thought this might be the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Its just the loser from God of War...

though i do have to admit the drink sounds very tasty.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Plah. A slurpee dedicated to Kratos should be THE HEARTS AND BLOOD OF YOUR SLAUGHTERED ENEMIES flavour.

I guess that wouldn't be to the taste of your average Joe...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Ha, this reminds me of the time when the Simpsons movie was coming out, 7-11's everywhere were made like the Kwik-E-Mart.

Ahh, marketing, I just love you sometimes.

Do the clerks dress up in mid-evil skirts and have makeshift tatoos on their faces?

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Nice...

As I type I stare at my Halo 3 Slurpee cups that I now use as pencil/pen holders

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm suddenly reminded of Daybreakers.

"I don't give a damn what that sign says, I want more blood in my fucking Slurpee!"

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I would expect a Slurpee called Kratos Fury to be more evil than blackberry and lime. If I were to taste one, I would expect to taste the still beating heart of his victim. Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.

Everyone coming out of 7 Eleven is swinging whatever rope-like object they can get a hold of.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Lime and blackberry are much better tasting than blood and rage
Who says so?

Anyways, this sounds even more hilarious than "Halo 3 potato chips". Absolutely great. I expect those DLC codes to pop up on European ebay sites soon.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
So does this mean it's now officially OK for children to play violent adult video games?

Considering the US has banned flavoured tobacco because apparently the sweet flavours attract children to that adult product, by the same logic wouldn't putting a violent video game character on a sweet beverage also attract children to that adult product?

I'm assuming that the flavoured tobacco ban was enacted by the ATF and this promotion would come under the FDA, and video game regulation under some other agency, so perhaps it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...

Also is there a big difference in the target demographic these types of drinks in America? Because in the UK beverages like Slurpees (called Slush Puppies) are generally considered a children's product, and this marketing promotion seems to me like having a GTA promotion within McDonald's Happy Meals - The Niko Bellic poseable action figure, with stolen Taxi and dead hooker playset.

I don't really care as much about this as my post may suggest, but as an outsider looking in, America(n marketing polices) seems quite hypocritical or schizophrenic at times, it seems like it's saying "Ban that! Think of the children. Hey kids, look it's Uncie Kratos!".

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Sporky111 said:
I would expect a Slurpee called Kratos Fury to be more evil than blackberry and lime. If I were to taste one, I would expect to taste the still beating heart of his victim. Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.

Everyone coming out of 7 Eleven is swinging whatever rope-like object they can get a hold of.
Now that would be some good marketing.

What now Dante's Inferno!?

Leon's Hell

Dec 20, 2009
Even our psychopaths are selling out. This is a dark day. Although, I wonder what taste Kratos Fury will have?

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Sporky111 said:
Or at least have some sort of psychosis-inducing ingredients that cause you to feel Kratos Fury.
Beetroot juice, perhaps?

Is this exclusive to the US, or is this going to happen in other countries as well, say, Australia?

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Sion_Barzahd said:
disappointed. I thought this might be the Kratos from Tales of Symphonia. Its just the loser from God of War...

Damn Ninja'd

When ever I hear the name I think of ToS not god of war haha

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Kuchinawa212 said:
Sion_Barzahd said:

Damn Ninja'd

When ever I hear the name I think of ToS not god of war haha
Well he is clearly the superior of the two Kratos.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BAD IDEA.

Slurpees, depressingly, are very much a "kid's" drink, so advertising God of War to slurpee drinkers will do nothing to stop the "games corrupt children" idea.