3D Dot Game Heroes Makes Cloud's Sword Look Like a Toothpick

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
3D Dot Game Heroes Makes Cloud's Sword Look Like a Toothpick

Atlus's upcoming PlayStation 3 RPG 3D Dot Game Heroes [http://www.amazon.com/3D-Dot-Game-Heroes-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J45C/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280160839&sr=1-1] could incorporate the largest swords ever seen in a videogame.

Aww, look at Cloud's little sword [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/images/view/62333], isn't it cute? The Final Fantasy VII star has been severely trumped by the latest 3D Dot Game Heroes trailer, showing off the massive swords players will be wielding when the game is released in May.

The main character from 3D Dot Game Heroes starts with a Cloud-sized sword, and upgrades from there. Upgrading simply requires a trip to the blocksmith... err, the blacksmith. After he's through with your weaponry, a single swipe can take out every enemy on the screen.

3D Dot Game Heroes has been compared to Zelda [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94736-3D-Dot-Game-Heroes-Trailer-Is-Zelda-ishly-Good] by the entire planet at this point, but now the game is starting to show how it could be so much cooler in its own way. Link's sword might be able to fire energy bolts when he's at full strength, but an agile enemy could dodge them easily. You're not dodging a sword the size of a house.

I'm really trying to contain my excitement for 3D Dot Game Heroes, I really am. Combined with the fact that it's going to be cheap [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96193-Atlus-Announces-3D-Dot-Game-Heroes-at-a-Bargain-Price], I don't see how any PlayStation 3 owner isn't going to want a game with so much charm and humor. Knowing Atlus, more trailers are sure to come, along with some kind of cool pre-order bonus hopefully.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
...That's........woa.......I can't even find a word to describe this...It's like awesome and epic had a child. That's the word I would use.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
cant wait to get this game. saw it on youtube a while ago (the japanese version) and istantly wanted to play it.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I do believe Sanger Zonvolt would be pleased.
[sub]I also believe that incredibly few people will get this reference...[/sub]

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
...That's........woa.......I can't even find a word to describe this...It's like awesome and epic had a child. That's the word I would use.
Perfect. This is exactly what I was thinking. Word for word.

This looks to be an excellent game, I will get a PS3 somehow and snag it when it is available here.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Huh, I forgot about this game, I'm certainly interested. Also, that's a big sword, where does he keep it though?

Random Argument Man said:
Awesic?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
I really hope they meant to include all that innuendo...

"Natural sword enhancement"...

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
This is exactly like Ginormo Sword, but in 3D...Hmm...

I'm getting it.

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Ooh, that looks awesome! Wait... Published by Atlus? Previously available in Asia?...Oh no. No! Please, no! Demon's Souls all over again!
It will never be available in European stores! Curses. Curse you, Atlus!

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Monocle Man said:
Ooh, that looks awesome! Wait... Published by Atlus? Previously available in Asia?...Oh no. No! Please, no! Demon's Souls all over again!
It will never be available in European stores! Curses. Curse you, Atlus!
Don't worry, it will. It's been announced. Demon's Souls, well I think you're still screwed there for now.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
*Cough*Angeal's Sword*Cough* the game does look fun though, i forsee many penis jokes within the game "Natural Sword Enhancement" XD

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
How the hell does he store that thing?! Or wield it, for that matter?

That can't be comfortable in the slightest...