Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

The trailer for the new Resident Evil movie was released yesterday, and surprisingly, it doesn't look all that bad.

Let's be honest here, the videogame and movie versions of Resident Evil went their separate ways years ago, and have been kinda doing their own thing every since. Whereas the game evolved from survival-horror to action-horror, but still remained relatively grounded in reality - and note the use of the word relatively - the movies started off as action-horror and just got crazier from there on in.

With this in mind, the fact that the trailer for the Resident Evil: Afterlife shows Milla Jovovich wielding twin katanas in a skin tight catsuit is not exactly a surprise. I must admit though, the trailer does make it look like the movie could be fun, albeit stupid fun, and I find myself much more interested in this one than I was in Resident Evil: Extinction [http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Extinction-Widescreen-Special/dp/B000YPUF9W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278693014&sr=1-3].

Resident Evil: Afterlife was filmed using 'the world's most advanced 3D technology' and is released in theaters on September 10th.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
They teased me alright. They teased me with the idea that they were going to abandon this dire series and try a reboot. I'm generally against reboots in general but if it's a choice between that and another Resident Evil 2 then reboot away my darlings.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I really can't wait (I'm a fan of the movies)
less survivors (although the last one was a bit better with that), more Milla kicking ass!!!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Well, as the only person in the world who actually really liked the first three movies, I'm excited for this one. I noticed a surprising and unsettling lack of zombies, though...

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I personally dislike the RE movies, but since Wesker looks like he is going to kick ass I might rent it in the future.

ad4m101

Jan 17, 2010
did they just copy that matrix scene for a second then. oh well I haven't seen any since the 2nd, when my poor love Nemesis was killed very cheaply =/ took a rail gun in the game, helicopter in the move meh.

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
I'm perhaps a little too excited for this. It has been confirmed that...
...Alice will lose her powers at some point during the film...
...so that ought to ground it down a bit.

But yeah...everyone doing Matrix moves? I'm a little concerned. But I'll try and reserve judgment for when it comes out.

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
Ah it just looks like the other ones, worth a watch in my opinion but it's definitely not groundbreaking in any way.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
Oh boy. It's Resident Evil + Matrix + Corny 3D stuff flying at the camera shots. I can barely contain my excitement. /sarcasm

But seriously, it does look better than Apocalypse at least. But I'm over the whole 3D thing because I see it as a gimmick to put the butts in the seats and avoid any real serious storytelling for the most part.

thefunk686

Jul 28, 2009
When did zombies cease to be important to the Resident Evil franchise?

Did ANYONE see zombies in this trailer? At all?