Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer Released

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
anthony87 said:
sheic99 said:
Yeah, the movie franchise took one of the most convoluted video game plots of all time, and made it even more stupid has a forth movie. I'll probably still see it, if just for the lulz, but I'm glad they took out the Alice army plot thread.
Did they? I could've sworn that the end of the trailer was two skin-headded Alices' fighting against Wesker or something.
Maybe I was hoping for too much.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Meh. It looks ok, but I was kinda expecting a lot more zombies. Especially since it's a Resident Evil film.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
sky14kemea said:
Awesome music on the trailer xD Was that a Wesker cameo I saw? :D
Yes it was, and it made it more awesome.

[sub][sub]Wesker is my guilty pleasure.[/sub][/sub]

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
i know im looking into it to much, but what the hell are las plagas doing it! i mean, las plagas in the games were discovered when the world wasnt taken over by zombies and even then las plagas were first used in resi 4 and graaah it makes my mind meeelt! if they have doctor salvador AND the big axe majini, i will have to facepalm, but i will probably still watch it

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
I watched the three previous ones, but I think this is surely a sign that the franchise is becoming ruined by movies.
Resident Evil 2 was by far my favourite game, and from what I remember the second film was the most "faithful" film in terms of its mood and setting.
I've no doubt I'll see this, though, but it'll be low on my priorities.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Zeromaeus said:
Remember Resident Evil: Degredation.
That was a good movie.
Degeneration wasn't what I'd call an Oscar-worthy effort, but in terms of faithfulness to the source material, Degeneration is a Porterhouse steak in comparison to the live-action movies' catshit souffle.
My point really.
I watched that movie expecting, well, Resident Evil. That's what I got. That's what I wanted. That's not what the live action films are.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Well they certainly teased me to learn what other scenes or stunts they will rip straight out of other movies...

But I do always end up seeing these movies one way or another... whether on DVD or otherwise. And it doesn't look like the other movies, especially the septic waterslide of the last movie.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
"Cheesy". "Horrible". "Seen that scene before".

I don't know about you folks, but I enjoyed the first two movies, and to some extent, the third one. But this one is bad enough to make my eye balls melt.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
thefunk686 said:
When did zombies cease to be important to the Resident Evil franchise?

Did ANYONE see zombies in this trailer? At all?
Once she is getting chased by them, but other than that

Dec 16, 2009
I will prob get this on its blu ray release, theyre always a good romp.
I've never really understood the antagonists beyond: company screwing up, zombies eating people

EDIT: and the 3D can go away as far as i'm concerned

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Looks really good, since the others were meh...

BTW, was that big guy swinging a meattenderiser?

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
No, that looks pretty awful. Perhaps I've grown cynical in my old age (Why, I'll be 25 this year!) but now I want more than just some stupid slow-mo action sequences and sword wielding heros/heroines once again killing people with guns. That doesn't necessarily mean a good story of course, this is Resident Evil, but some actual dialogue and a somewhat logical progression of the story that is there would be nice for once.

VonVirgo

Mar 25, 2009
What that Resident Evil or the fucking Matrix?

Isn't the franchise called 'Resident' Evil because it's about shooting zombies in towns and mansions? What's with all of this Matrix/Equilibrium crap?

I've only played Resident Evil 4, but even I think this looks stupid.