Be a Bad Guy in Darkspawn Chronicles DLC for Dragon Age

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Be a Bad Guy in Darkspawn Chronicles DLC for Dragon Age

Dragon Age: Origins [http://www.bioware.com] that gives players a chance to find out how the other side lives.

Dig, if you will, a picture of a world in which you, the hero of the Grey Wardens, did not survive the Joining; that you instead yakked up some blood, did the funky chicken for a few seconds and then went to the big elven ghetto in the sky, leaving Alistair to lead the Grey Wardens against the Darkspawn menace alone. What would happen?

Apparently you'd become a hurlock vanguard and lead the forces of the Darkspawn on their bloody quest to raze Denerim to the ground! At least, that's the story in Darkspawn Chronicles, the upcoming "alternate history" Dragon Age DLC pack. As vanguards, players will have access to the "Enthrall" power, letting them recruit any Darkspawn they meet: Genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks and even the towering ogres. Players who complete the expansion will be given an "epic Darkspawn item" for use in Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening.

Dragon Age: Origins: Darkspawn Chronicles is set to come out on May 18 for the PC (400 BioWare points) and Xbox 360 (400 Microsoft points) while the PlayStation 3 release date will be announced later. For more information, check out dragonage.com [http://www.dragonage.com].

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
squid5580 said:
Dammit just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.
Well... I'm still out. If it's any consolation.

Though... I'll admit, this is the most interesting idea I've seen from Bioware since Bringing Down the Sky shipped.

CowboyfromHell666

Jan 14, 2010
Thank you Bioware for giving me another reason to play Dragon Age. I'm excited, this sounds quite interesting.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Furburt said:
Well, I've always enjoyed Bioware DLC, except for those horrible Mass Effect 1 addons, so this is going to be a purchase for me, certainly.

Sounds like fun, I'm barely even into the game.
Not to throw stones, but, the alternate appearance pack for ME2? Really?

That said, the first ME1 DLC was a nice little romp. I've been less thrilled with the ME2 offerings.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
I'm going to get it, just because I need another reason to play Dragon Age, because of my cheap personality and the expansion costing 3200 points.
Hopefully, this will be good and long enough to make me enjoy it thoroughly.

Apr 28, 2008
Wow, that sounds really cool.

I'm always interested in what the bad guys are like. Their backstory, history, culture, ect. This could be very interesting.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm going to get this now.
This will be awesome cakes.
EDIT: Well, not now now, but when it comes out.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Not really my cup of tea, but at least it'd be interesting to see how they try to make playing as a Hurlock not suck.

Anyway, it's more Dragon Age, so I won't complain.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Ah... Being evil is just so much fun! Mayhaps I'll be able to stab that whiny bastard Alistair's face a few times over. Hooray for quick-save, eh?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
DividedUnity said:
That sounds so awesome. Why is the ps3 being left till last again though
Difficulty porting it I guess, which is a shame

I haven't played it myself, but aren't people still playing the main campaign, and, if they've done that, Awakening?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Cool! I'm glad I got this on PC... though my wife has it on ps3 and will likely get crabby if I get the DLC first again.
On both platforms Awakening has locked up like 3 or 4 times for us so I'm wondering if they're going to work on that...

GreatVladmir

May 25, 2008
..................Me want, me want ALOT!!!!!! I still need to get Awakening, and this will just get me of my fat ass and get it plus a official wireless adapter for the bleedin X-Box, god I hate BioWare.

That One Six said:
Ah... Being evil is just so much fun! Mayhaps I'll be able to stab that whiny bastard Alistair's face a few times over. Hooray for quick-save, eh?
That is what I cannot wait to do, stab Allistaire, Kill the rest of the party and have a massive Darkspawn rompastomp through Denerim.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
I am excited for this, although I like to play the good guy who gets all the hot ladytypes.....I guess Darkspawning it up and being an evil badass cant hurt every once in a while.
I just hope it is not as glitchy and buggy as Awakening.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
DividedUnity said:
That sounds so awesome. Why is the ps3 being left till last again though
Probably because of Sony's own content review system.(or however they're calling it) Or it still has to be ported to the PS3.

Hell, if you want to be paranoid, it could even be Microsoft paying to keep the content exclusive for a few weeks/months.