Mr. Spock and Luke Skywalker Join Kingdom Hearts Cast

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mr. Spock and Luke Skywalker Join Kingdom Hearts Cast

Square-Enix has pulled out all the stops for the voice work in PSP title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77479], including sci-fi legends Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy.

Square-Enix and Disney have together spared no expense on the voice acting in the Kingdom Hearts: One look at the pages [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0322968/] will tell you that. For the PSP action title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, the situation is no different - though Squeenix has added some geek icons to the mix.

According to MTV Multiplayer [http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/05/17/leonard-nimoy-and-mark-hamill-lending-voices-to-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/], Birth by Sleep - which now has a North American release date of September 7, 2010 - will feature the voice talents of Mark Hamill, Willa Holland, Jesse McCartney, Leonard Nimoy and James Woods, just to name a few.

While there is no mention of what roles some of these actors will be portraying - though you can hear Nimoy in the trailer above as some angry bald dude - it's a safe bet to assume that Woods will be reprising his role of Hades from Disney's Hercules [http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-Disney-Gold-Classic-Collection/dp/B00004R99S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276713647&sr=8-1], and that McCartney will be doing the same as the character of Roxas (and newcomer Ventus).

"The entire development team is extremely happy to announce the North American release date for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep," said Square-Enix head honcho Tetsuya "Belts N' Zippers" Nomura. "We hate to keep fans waiting, but we've added some brand-new features for the North American version, so even those who have been following the Japanese version are sure to find a few surprises. In addition, we've put together an outstanding voice cast."

Outstanding indeed. Mark Hamill is an incredible voice actor - seriously, would you have known that same man could pull off both Luke Skywalker and the goddamn Joker?! - and Leonard Nimoy is ... well, he's Leonard Nimoy. Nimoy is also retiring from his acting career soon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100225-Spock-Warps-into-Permanent-Star-Trek-Retirement], so this may well be one of our last chances to see (er, hear?) Mr. Spock in action.

I've given up trying to follow the Kingdom Hearts storyline after the second game, but hey - the series has sold 14 million copies around the world, so it must be doing something right.

(MTV Multiplayer [http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/return-to-the-magical-realm-of-kingdom-hearts-on-september-7-2010-93944859.html])

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAHHHHH

That's so awesome.

I hope they do the same in Kingdom Hearts 3 whenever it domes out.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Well, ever since Batman Begins, Mark Hamill has made everything better.
So this is great news for Kindgom Hearts fans, even if I am not one.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Unless you get to see The Joker kick Sora in the balls, I still have no change in interest in this game.
I should actually try some of this newer KH stuff.

Prophetic Heresy

Dec 26, 2009
Ugh, even though I'm sure they're going to ruin Kingdom Hearts with an endless series of sequels and spin-offs this prompts me to at least give it one more chance.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
Okay, that is awesome. Anyone have any idea if that release date applies to Europe as well, or will we have to wait longer?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
And as always, it's going to make absolutely no sense whatsoever >_<;

Seriously, as much as I friggin' love Kingdom Hearts, those games are damn confusing!

Though anything with Leonard Nimoy is awesome in my book.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Wait, we finally get some kind of star wars/star trek crossover into and the spotlight has to be shared with Micky, Goofy, and all those guys in robes?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...Holy balls that was a lot of keyblades...I thought these things were supposed to be rare items of mythical untold power? The hell? And damn, I might actually have to go handheld and pick these damn spinoffs up.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Awesome, I so can't wait for this. I love KH to death. I just got 358/2 days and now I'm really hyped for this game.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Great, I hope they'll be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but judging by the pace of production it(along with Gran Turimo 5 and Mario RPG 2)is among the canidates to be the new Duke Nukem Forever

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Josh12345 said:
Great, I hope they'll be in Kingdom Hearts 3, but judging by the pace of production it(along with Gran Turimo 5 and Mario RPG 2)is among the canidates to be the new Duke Nukem Forever
There's gonna be a Mario RPG 2? Awesome...

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Really! SWEET! I wonder what roles Nimoy and Hamill will play... guess I'll just have to wait and see...

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
John Funk said:
...and that McCartney will be doing the same as the character of Roxas (and newcomer Ventus).
Not entirely possible seeing as Roxas isn't even in existence at the time of the game though. Ventus does look a lot like Roxas though...

Still, pretty boss. And Leonard Nimoy fits the "angry bald guy" pretty well, at least from what I can see from the trailer.

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
Damn, I thought we would finally see a Trek/Wars crossover in a Disney/Fantasy crossover (you know, a crossover-crossover). This is cool too, I guess. Hopefully they'll play some pretty epic characters and not total wimps. Please, Square Enix, please.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Radeonx said:
Well, ever since Batman Begins, Mark Hamill has made everything better.
So this is great news for Kindgom Hearts fans, even if I am not one.
Mark Hamill has ALWAYS made everything better. Aint you ever seen Wing Commander?

EDIT: ... The games, not the shitty movie.

CrazyGirl17 said:
Really! SWEET! I wonder what roles Nimoy and Hamill will play... guess I'll just have to wait and see...
Well, seeing as Nimoy is clearly doing the voice of Xehanort in that trailer I think we've got him nailed down. And I'm willing to bet anything that Hamill is Terra.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Leonard Nimoy did some great voice-over work in Civilization 4, and Mark Hamill was great in Darksiders. I liked the first two Kingdom Hearts games, so I'd buy this if I had a PSP.