G4's Olivia Munn Trying Out For The Daily Show

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
G4's Olivia Munn Trying Out For The Daily Show

Olivia Munn is trading in her Chun-Li costume for something far cooler: a microphone at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Olivia Munn, star of G4's Attack of the Show, is apparently looking to broaden her horizons as both an actress and a comedienne. Hot off her role as reporter Chess Roberts in Iron Man 2, Ms. Munn is auditioning to be a regular cast member of The Daily Show.

Munn appeared on the show as a "Senior Asian Correspondent" who was reporting on the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and how it was affecting Vietnamese fishermen operating in the area.

The video itself was kind of funny, but more because of the general premise and the appearance of other show regulars, not so much because of Munn herself. She was obviously trying, but there was definitely an air of nervousness surrounding her.

According to Reuters, who contacted Comedy Central, the on-camera report was essentially a live audition: "A Comedy Central spokesperson characterized Munn's appearance on the show as a 'tryout,' something the network has done on occasion over the years with various performers."

For Munn, this could be a huge boost to her career, putting her in front of a massive mainstream audience on a regular basis and surrounding her with some very big names in the entertainment industry. If she gets some more camera time, hopefully things will go a little smoother.

Source: <a href=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65314120100604>Reuters

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
... "And now our Asian reporter Trisha Takanawa..."

Good to know, I guess. I have no idea who this person is.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
The bit itself was funny but like you said not really because of Olvia. She seemed really stiff throughout it, which is wierd considering she does AoTS pretty well. Guess she was actually nervous about being on the Daily Show.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I would suggest against this because I am pretty sure they don't want to get the G4 virus, the ability to turn the funniest things on earth (tech TV, Space Balls, etc.) into garbage that would of been cut from Disaster movie (Xplay, Space Balls: the animated series, etc.)

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Good luck to Olivia! I love the Daily Show and think she would make a great addition.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I hope she does great, but I would be very disappointed to see her leave attack of the show.
But best of luck anyway.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Great... Not only did she ruin AOTS, but now shes trying to ruin the Daily Show?

Shes not funny. THe only thing she has is her looks. Like I said, she single handedly brought down AOTS, which used to be a great show. G4 itself fell apart, really... Although I cant blame ALL of that on her.

She should keep to ruining G4, the Daily Show is for people with TALENT for making people laugh. People might accept the lack of entertainment in AOTS because she shows off some cleaveage; but certainly not the Daily Show.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I was quite surprised when I saw her on. She was ok but the other corespondents were way funnier.

Also I wish they bring back Mick Foley. He was on only twice but he was great.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Yeah I watched it last night, she really only had a couple predictable jokes on Vietnamese translations. Aasif Mandvi was the star of the clip.

"I'm the real Asian correspondent! I'm a ninja!"

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
I like her on AOTS but it just felt wrong seeing her on the daily show.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I honestly don't care for this woman. I don't find her funny, and she wrecked the Star Wars Panel at Comic con last year.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Eh, Olivia's cute an' all, but once you're in Maxim magazine (Which I hate, according to a post I made about 5 months ago) you lose all respect from the Tinneh.

And I prefer Colbert!

Although I fuckin' love Stewart's "Go Fuck Yourself" bit.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I saw the bit and I was actually disappointed. She didn't really say much at all. I think it might have actually gone better without the other comedians showing up. How funny can you be with only, like, 4 lines? Was it improve or something? Was she supposed to say more than that?