BioWare Unveils New Dragon Age DLC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Unveils New Dragon Age DLC

BioWare has announced Leliana's Song, the next DLC release for the hit RPG Dragon Age: Origins [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=%22dragon+age%3A+origins%22&x=0&y=0].

Leliana was hot stuff. She was cute, built, handy in a fight and had the sexiest accent this side of Oghren. I hitched my wagon to Morrigan's cart (with a quick detour through Zevrantown) so I was never able to delve into her Deep Roads, but soon, thanks to the magic of DLC, I'll at least be able to delve into her mysterious past.

In Leliana's Song, players will step into the boots of the red-headed Orlessian bard and occasionally self-righteous Chantry flunky who plays a central role in Dragon Age: Origins. The DLC package will "explore Leliana's dangerous past and why she joined the Chantry" as she accompanies her mentor Marjolaine on a high-risk mission with only one outcome: Kill or be killed. The fully-voiced update will also feature a unique, unlockable reward that can be used in Dragon Age: Origins and the expansion Awakening [http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=%22dragon+age%3A+origins+awakening%22&x=0&y=0].

Leliana's Song is scheduled for release on July 6 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and will retail for $7. Check out BioWare's Dragon Age website [http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/] to learn more.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
That's a bit weird to focus an expansion on one party member. And Leliana? I'd think Zevran or Ogrhen or Sten would actually be more entertaining. Or why not a story about the Orlesian war, play as King Maric...

Just seems a bit weird to me, when will they release actual game expansions again rather than AU and side stories.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
On my first character I chose Mori, Which I regretted. So on my second character, I chose to delve into Leli's "Deep Roads". Had no regrets switching.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
I sense a disturbance in the force...It seems bioware has thought up a new plan to milk dlc as far as they can.

Lets see if oghren, alistar and morrigan DLC follow this.
/rant

I liked leliana. I chose her as the romance for every playthrough except the evil playthrough.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Through careful timing you can do both.
1: Do whatever you want with Morrigan.
2: Spoilerish: Kill Morrigans mother.
3: Dump Morrigan.
4: Do Leliana's quest and get her to 80 approval or more.
5: Explore her deep roads.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Huh. I'm not too fond of this idea. Dragon Age is more of a Role-playing game, where you create your won character. Leliana is already a character, so all her choices have been made.

Hate to say it, but this'll probably be shallow and boring. Probably. Maybe not.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
Mmmmm, I like they way she talks, lovely sexy lishp

Anyway, this is sweet. Is it just me or does the DLC's for Dragon Age feel a bit better than those for Mass Effect? They appear a bit more fleshed out.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
She is pretty hot so I can't complain.
However, I haven't downloaded any of the other dlc packs they've released.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Sweet, I always wanted a better explanation on what happened to her. But a DLC about Oghren getting drunk and wondering around for 5 hours would be fun as well.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009

Oh wait...I feel it...oh god it's going to be a big one...

Oh Bioware, if this turns out any good, and not like that Darkspawn ceap...I may love you again.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Leliana was my favourite character so I'll likely fork out for this.

Sep 14, 2009
interesting. ill wait to see reviews on it, then decide if ill by it or not, i was infinitely happy with awakening so we'll see if this is decent.

Gerrawn

Apr 2, 2009
I'm not sure what to make of this. Sure, DLC is always good but don't we already know what happened to Leliana? She's already told us how she ended up in the chantry and why she left Orlais, there isn't really much of a mystery left.
Of course, a look of Orlais sounds fun but couldn't they have made a proper Origin story for the Orlesian warden in Awakening for that?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
The first paragraph of this article made me chuckle. Otherwise, meh. I don't like DLC.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Sounds like it could be a fun time, will be looking forward to giving it a try

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Get the feastday gifts and pranks, and nap with both of them. Though, of the two of them, I do prefer to keep Leliana around for usefulness and sexy, though earning the right to explore Morrigan's "Deep Roads" is a bit more fulfilling. Though, I wouldn't mind a Sten DLC over a Leliana one. I rather feel I gathered most of her story through the game, but Sten still has some cool past to explore. Or something more with Zevran.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Hmm, alright. But what you should REALLY be announcing, BioWare, is Dragon Age 2 (or whatever you wish to call it) and Mass Effect 3 (which I guess really WILL be called just that).

Go, go! Faster!