2.5 Million Miners Buy Minecraft

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I'm actually disappointed. Would have expected it to be at the tens of millions by now.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
I don't really get what the fuss is about though, I have bought it andi t was fun for the first hour or so, but there's just no substance at all..

I find it a sickening grind to actually go about and build cool houses and whatnot, and the game just doesn't really have any substance aside from that..

Mojang seemed to be on the right track but what have they changed since what the game looked like in February (when I bought it)? Pretty much wolves, beds, slabs..

(And yes I've tried out multiplayer)

Well it's probs just a taste issue :)

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
"Hey Hey Hey! I been minin' all day long..."

Whats not to like, its pretty much virtual legos in a video game with a touch of Castlevania/ Legend of Zelda Day/Night system where scarier mobs appear at night. Oh and crack, because once you pop err dig, you can't stop.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Not everyone is being blown up by creepers. I know it´s a bit pointless and stupid, but I still haven´t managed to set the difficulty to anything else but peaceful.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Sooo.... I hate to admit this but... I'm not really feeling MINECRAFT. I just got the demo today and i'm not fully taken by it. I love the game, but i'm not that into it. Maybe if I play it more, my opinion might change.

Abedecain

Jan 15, 2011
I don't think it's much of a surprise, come on even Yahtzee didn't run it down at all...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Congrats, Notch and Mojang. May your creepers blow up millions of unsuspecting miners for years to come. So, in celebration - sing it with me now, everyone! "Hey Hey Hey! I been minin' all day long...
And now I have the song stuck in my head again...

*whistles happily*

Live long and prosper Minecraft. Shine on you indie star, shine on!

lukeyk

Feb 10, 2010
Bags159 said:
So how does a company with no games recently released win March Mayhem?

Anyhow, this would be more impressive if you actually listed the cost. I'm a lot more impressed by 2.5 million copies sold for $50 than 2.5 million copies sold for $1.
I completely disagree with you dear sir!

Well not completely, but in this situation I do. I am much more impressed by 2.5million copies sold for $1 by a man/tiny tiny team than 2.5million for $50. As the actual costs of making minecraft are ridiculously small. Therefore = Huge Profit. Simples.