200K People Confirm Party Invitation Via Facebook Prank

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
That is such a shit prank. Honestly, cling film over the toilet is funnier.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
it would be funny if she ended up getting tons and tons of gifts from random people that were good gifts also

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
kotomeha said:
And it happened again.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=196900146997774

Will 15 year olds ever learn?
Oh wow. So much for "maybe she'll use the privacy settings in the future"...

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
...does this mean that the party isn't happening?

Because I took the day of work... and booked a flight to Sydney. I was going to see the kangaroos while I was there...

(Kidding, don't worry)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
For everyone saying it was malicious, this has happened a few times before and nobody turns up to it. People are a little too quick to blame a branch of anon. This is probably just the same as always, just a dick grabbing an account and making it popular.

I find it rather funny, i'd still throw the party, anyone who shows up uninvited (which is what happens when I throw a party without facebook) isn't allowed in. Duh.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
For every "right" thing Anonymous does, you get dozens, perhaps hundreds, of things like this. Just most of it never gets reported because it's rarely on this scale. Poor girl.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Vaccine said:
We had a thread about this on our WoW guild forums, was no where as good as Cory Worthingtons party. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_m-G2fCCY0]
Mostly because it really happened, and the fact he looks like a massive tool.
The only thing that could've made that party more fun was if it wasn't BYOB.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Sorry but how is this mean? If I got 200k RSVPs to my party id be pumped.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
Vaccine said:
We had a thread about this on our WoW guild forums, was no where as good as Cory Worthingtons party. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_m-G2fCCY0]
Mostly because it really happened, and the fact he looks like a massive tool.
What the heck was that? That dude seemed like a tool, but got quickly out-tooled by the news reporter. Why is she giving him a lecture, and trying to order him around as if that was her son?

Also, the media and authorities seem to take facebook a lot more seriously than the internet does.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
What? I still can't tell if this is harmless facebook trolling (it can be very fun at times, trust me) or anonymous wanting attention so much that they decided to hack some kid's party. If it is them that is, it might just be that they're easier to blame for stuff like this.
Still, I can't tell if this is sickening or hilarious.

yamitami

Oct 1, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
So a bunch of people jokingly hitting "confirm" on a party invitation probably thousands of miles away from where they actually live is grounds for having the police watching your house to keep you safe and suing some kid for sending out an open invitation? The internet is serious business, guys.
Because the girl was stupid and listed her address. Now 200K people know where she lives and statistically how many of those do you think are pedophiles within driving distance?

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
yamitami said:
ProfessorLayton said:
So a bunch of people jokingly hitting "confirm" on a party invitation probably thousands of miles away from where they actually live is grounds for having the police watching your house to keep you safe and suing some kid for sending out an open invitation? The internet is serious business, guys.
Because the girl was stupid and listed her address. Now 200K people know where she lives and statistically how many of those do you think are pedophiles within driving distance?
Eeer what? All a paedophile has to do to find an address with a kid in it is look out their window. Why will an address being on the internet make a better target?

OT: I've no idea why this is such a big deal. Sure it's funny, it's not malicious.

And the police have arrested someone!!! WTF it's not a crime and the person who's been arrested needs to file a wrongful imprisonment complaint if the charges aren't dropped immediately.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Yeah, I heard of this happening a few years ago in Toronto. The same outcome as well, police, and party cancellation.

Aug 25, 2009
WorldCritic said:
I'm pretty sure Anonymous has better things to do than play a prank on a fifteen year old girl. Unless maybe one of the members thought it would be funny, it just seems to me that the police are a little too quick to blame them.
You don't see a lot of Anonymous do you?

Anonymous isn't some noble 'fight for freedom of speech' organisation; this is in fact the sort of thing they spend most of their time doing, terrosising people who have the sheer gall to not know how to use the internet as well as they do.

Personally I'm not so quick to label this Anonymous without further proof, but it absolutely seems to me the sort of thing they'd find funny, especially since it gives them the added bonus of being able to find a 15 year old girl's house and terrorise her in real life with death threats and other hilarious entertainment.

Man, those guys crack me up.

Sep 4, 2009
There are only two emotions that are truly felt when online or travelling by aircraft.

The first is a kind of unrememberable boredom, not bored enough to be annoyed or spurred into action, just docile and somewhat unfulfilled.

The second: fear, specifically terror. Weapons grade, mainlining uncut terror.

WELCOME TO THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY! FROM AOL!

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Optimystic said:
Oh come on, Daily Telegraph. The Anonymous logo is easy to find (first result when I google image search "Anonymous.") I'm sure they have better things to do than terrorize some fifteen-year old gi-

...oh god
yep, the exact same thought came to my mind, they just posted the information of a 15 year old girl in a website where pedophiles sometimes use to exchange pictures

i wont go into semantics, but i would be really upset and angry... and i would probably move.