My predictions:

-GOTY: Elder Scrolls, maybe Batman.
-Best Studio: Naughty Dog
-Best FPS: CoD:MW3, maybe Battlefield 3
-Best RPG: Elder Scrolls
-Best 360 game: GoW3
-Best PS3 game: Uncharted 3
-Best PC game: Minecraft

Now, I wouldn't like some of those games to win, but I'm thinking of those popular games that most people like/have heard of. There's a reason why most predictions concur so far.

I really wish they had better games to nominate because that's certainly not right. Where's AC: Revelations? Where's LA Noire?

Dang VGA! You're like one of the only shows that celebrates video games and you suck! *Siiiigh*

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
McMullen said:
Why do they nominate games for GOTY that have not been released yet, or that were released yesterday? Does this make sense to anyone?
Well, they haven't been released to the public, but many game review sites and other news groups have gotten them beforehand so they can go off of the reaction they've been getting. Also, they're some of the most popular games out there, so it's kind of like a very obvious prediction of how their reception would be anyway.

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
They really should just drop the pretense of an award show and just call it what it is. "The Spike Video Game Marketing and Washed up Celebrity Bonanza"
Nice nice, in truth i really do wish there was a true Video Game awards sort of like the Oscars were it would not only include the AAA titles but obscure titles for game of the year like Cave Story or even better yet for the RPG category how bout a non western style RPG like Atelier Totori, I don't even know why this or Xplays joke of a award show anger me anymore.

Edit: i really can't believe i use Totori instead of Disgaea 4 for Best RPG choice for non western style
also 5 bucks Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Graces F will not even get nominated next year by anyone and Mass Effect 3 auto wins.......

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Yeah because Skyrim and Skyward Sword have really had chance to prove themselves as game of the year material already. Glad to see my own personal game of the year, inFamous 2, get a nomination in the PS3 category, though it's doomed to lose to Uncharted 3.

Elyxard

Dec 12, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]The process to select nominees is actually quite simple. It's a mixture of bribery and whatever they think will appeal to the insultingly stereotypical male that makes up their target audience.
Pretty much this spot on.

If any of you watch this garbage marketing show I will glare at you disapprovingly. If you're only watching it for the reveals and trailers, I'll glare even harder because you've been tricked and manipulated into watching these

Nearly all of these nominees are from corporations with a track record for review manipulation and other backdoor antics, the rest are there to throw off any suspicion. I guarantee you that Skyrim will win GOTY from sheer popularity and the fact that Bethesda heavily sponsors these events.

Lets not forget the "joke" awards they do every year either, giving out awards to specific people because they can make a "funny" joke about it. "There is no middle finger big enough".

Aug 1, 2010
Would you people stop bitching? This list is FINE. And it's a HELL of a lot better than last year where they just gave everything to MW2. I'm just happy that neither of the Warfare shooters have a chance at GOTY.

Plus, they got rid of that IDIOTIC Mountain Dew category.

Though the show itself will still be stupid...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Pretty good choices, with the notable exception of Witcher 2 not being nominated for best RPG. I really liked the GOTY nominations, though.

RandomHer0

Jun 26, 2009
I like how only one of these games is not a sequel, or a re-imagining. God dammit gaming!
But thus is the story of our time, and I fear, the telling of our future...sigh...

Lets get a new tile based on... I dunno, a schizo doctor without borders trapped in an African Civil war forced to chose a side when an alien ship crashes into the middle of the war zone and chooses the side opposite to yours, makes it uphill and challenging, also giving you an excuse to steal some alien tech. And in the end, SURPRISE no spaceship, your just bat-sit crazy. Or something like that.

I just don't want to see 5s or 6s behind my favorite titles. Just reminds me of the dynasty warriors series, and how something that could have been a cool concept around game 1 be rehashed to the point where a new release in the series is met with eye-rolls of same-concept/different setting scenario. But DAMN am I excited for COD 18, I hear they finally fixed the spawns!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Game of the Year

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)

Studio of the Year

Bethesda Game Studios

Best Shooter

The only one i've played is Rage and I can't give my backing to that mess.

Best RPG

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks/Bethesda Game Studios)
DA2 was *okay*, Deus EX was better than I expected but Skyrim nips in at the top for me. Just so you know it is a very biased opinion, i'm a PC only user so haven't played Dark Souls but hear it's good.

Best Xbox 360 Game

Gave my 360 to my son a while back. Last game I played on that was Risen.

Best PlayStation 3 Game

Never owned one.

Best PC Game

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Atari/CD Projekt)
Big fan of The Witcher games. Portal 2 was okay for a bit of a giggle, BF3 isn't my kind of game and Minecraft bored the ever living shit out of me.

Thats my personal opinion of who i'd like to see win the awards. Although if Dark Souls is as good as people say it is then I wouldn't mind that one (then maybe they can port it to PC so we can bloody see for ourselves).

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Yeah the VGA's are really legitimate game awards......I think the problem is that it's televised and they have to try and get people to watch as opposed to letting those who want to watch do so.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
It sickens me to my core that DA2 got a nomination for best RPG and The Witcher 2 didn't. The Witcher 2 was better in every meaning of the word.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
sir.rutthed said:
I swear, they just pin up names on a wall and throw darts to come up with the nominees. When are we going to get an awards show that we can actually respect and has sensible categories? Like EC said, we need our own Oscars. But better because there won't be bleeding heart idiots using an acceptance speech to get up on their soapbox.
Be honest all the money will be put in to building a giant GLaDOS. Unbelievable. You, *subject name here,* must be the pride of *subject hometown here.*