2012 SOLAR BOMB

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Oh noes! My ewectwoniks!

I'm pretty sure worse has happened, and is yet to happen. Colour me not at all interested. The sun can have a tantrum if it wants...World of Warcraft better not be down for too long.

SmokingMirrors

Oct 3, 2010
Eh, in the unlikely event that this were to occur let alone cause any significant damage i'll still have D&D to comfort me~

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
AWDMANOUT said:
What? Psh, this is ridiculous.
I mean look at the thing.
http://blog.usa.gov/roller/govgab/resource/images/sun.jpg
How could something that cute hurt anybody?
He has a really creepy stare.

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
So THIS is what The Beatles we're trying to say! In all seriousness the article said it's happened in the past and I'm sure the important things (like wi-fi networks, satellite communications and 4chan) are well-protected against things like this.

Then again if all technology on Earth does go on the fritz those 4 years spent rolling with the Scouts will finally come in handy.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Solar Bomb pah! This is how the world will really end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0wEYtmmuFQ

Damn I really need to stop posting this vid on this site, it's gonna get old

Kraiiit

Aug 15, 2010
So... 2012 will see the tensions rising between world powers, followed by global nuclear war. Once the nuclear fallout settles, a few survivors will emerge from underground bunkers only to be confronted with zombies. Elvis Presley, who is revealed to have faked his death, will return as mankind's last hope. However, just as the war appears won, two asteroids and a small planet called Nibiru crash into the Earth. Oh, right, and a Solar bomb, too, just to cover all the bases.

Someone get Micheal Bay on the line!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
Lol.

We are hit by those every day of every week of every year. It does nothing.

People that believe this 2012 crap need to go check the calendar in their kitchen - mine ends this year! Guess we will die soon.
Silly girl. It's not MAYAN, is it?

>.>

Panzer_God said:
My word, do you know what this means?!?!?! We must EXTINGUISH the Sun! Quickly! Before our computers break!!!
Okay, I totally and legitimately LOLed at that. I think I woke my neighbours.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
ArcticSquirrel said:
You know what I love about the Escapist, the fact that you guys are 500x more intelligent than any forum I have ever been to.

I'm kinda gullible when it comes to end of the world scenarios. I kid you not, as I read that report, my heart started thumping as they said the worst. Then I start to read your posts and you guys REALLY calmed me down.

I love you guys.
I would say I'm the same, end of the world scenarios scare me, but I like to think my brain is always in two sides on them, one automactilly dimissing it as false while the other automactilly believes every one of them.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
So... it'll knock out everything in the army base I'll be serving in around 2012? Brilliant!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Great, now I'm paranoid.

Although truth be told I still think that one sensationalist article is hardly proof of anything, that and some of the posts here (i.e infrastructure would be safe guarded and we've had this happen before) do a lot to calm me down. Besides, if NASA didn't certify it then I'm not buying it.

I just hope this doesn't happen, or if it does I hope it isn't that intense. I seriously don't know how well I would survive in the grim technology-less post apocalyptic future.

tehannihalator

Apr 6, 2010
Ldude893 said:
Remember that woman in Spain who claimed ownership of the sun last month? If anything happens, we'll all sue her for damage of our electronics and infrastructure.
Good Thinking
But what happens if she says that we've been pirating the sun?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
yay, another load of 2012 bollocks in my opinion, guess this is just one more thing I have to ignore...