Bust a Move With Fallout: New Vegas Dance Mod

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Bust a Move With Fallout: New Vegas Dance Mod

When you're living in the end of the world, you just have to give up and boogie down.

I'm going to be honest here: I have no interest in playing Fallout: New Vegas. It's simply not my type of game, no matter how good it might be.

That said, even if I don't know the characters involved in the video you see here to the right, that doesn't make it any less entertaining. The video is the result of a "dance mod" for the PC version of New Vegas created by a modder named Umpa [http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35297] that converts pre-existing motion-captured tech into new animations for your character and NPCs alike.

There are over 60 different dances seen in this mod pack, though the catchy Lady Gaga soundtrack is sadly not included. And no, before you ask, it serves absolutely no purpose other than to make the New Vegas cast bust some seriously swank moves.

Isn't that enough, really?

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/30/fallout-new-vegas-becomes-dance-central-with-animation-mod/])

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
UMPA! About time :D

Also here's an excellent Umpa movie from Fallout 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbyhpsv-6sM

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
The best part was Boone.

#6: So Boone, tell me a bit about yourself.
Boone: No.
#6: Come on! You must have some hobby you and your late wife had.
Boone: ........ *Busts a move*

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
They did this with Fallout 3 and Oblivion also, your at least I've seen videos.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Is it weird that I was smiling from ear to ear while watching this video? Haha I don't even like Lady Gaga, but that was really good.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Loving the Garretts sync dancing behing their bar.

Also is the preatty Goth character Sir UMPA's character because it looks a little out of place but still really cool?

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
The fluidity of the motions of the models made me think this was an elaborate ruse.

I was pleasantly surprised. Now if only they could re-script every other action characters in that game do...

Apr 28, 2008
I was wondering how long it would take New Vegas to get a dance mod.

This is why I play games on the PC. Mods are amazing.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Mr.Pandah said:
Is it weird that I was smiling from ear to ear while watching this video? Haha I don't even like Lady Gaga, but that was really good.
I was exactly the same, but I did burst out laughing at certain bits like the garretts synchronised dance. Wish it was possible to get mods on consoles.

EnigmaticSevens

Sep 18, 2009
Oh gods... this just made my freaking week (is unhealthily approaching 250th hour of New Vegas playtime), oh so many levels of epic, pure, pure, distilled, unadulterated win. Caesar is boss, I knew Boone had it in him, Benny would've been much less annoying if he could breakdown like that, and the award truly goes to Old Lady Gibson and Easy Pete (just cuz your old, doesn't mean you can pop, lock and drop it ((although I think that was a Praetorian)))