Bulletstorm System Requirements Revealed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bulletstorm System Requirements Revealed

System requirements for the PC version of Bulletstorm [http://www.amazon.com/Bulletstorm-Limited-Pc/dp/B003H0CBT8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294774680&sr=8-3] have been released and given the nature of the game, the minimum specs are surprisingly relaxed.

System requirements. It's one of the few bullets in the console gamer's gun that PC players just can't dodge. For console owners, figuring out minimum system requirements is a simple matter: do you, or do you not, own the console? For Team PC, it's a bit trickier. Still, if you care enough to read this, you probably know enough to be able to make sense of what follows.

Bulletstorm Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or equivalent, running at 1.6 GHz or greater
Memory (RAM): 1.5 GB
HDD Space: 9 GB available
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 256 MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 256 MB, or greater
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 16-bit
Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive
Network: Internet (TCP/IP) connection

Bulletstorm Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7
Processor: QuadCore 2.0 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
HDD Space: 9 GB available
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 512MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260, or ATI Radeon 4870
Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 16-bit
Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive
Network: Broadband Internet (TCP/IP) connection

Any halfway-decent gaming rig should be able to meet the minimum requirements, although I think we can all agree that playing games at low-end settings kind of sucks. But even the recommended settings aren't terribly tough; a quad-core CPU, two gig of RAM and 512MB video card is hardly cutting-edge iron these days.

Bulletstorm, the classy new shooter from People Can Fly [http://www.epicgames.com/], is slated to come out on February 22.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I hope to build a gaming PC by this time next year. (After the community has had a few months to make some Skyrim mods, like Full Leveling Scaling. Yes, I do totally want that back. I liked it...)

So, knowing what half this shit means would likely help...

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Looks like i need to upgrade...my GTX9800+ just aint gonna cut it for this game..i meet all the other specs though :).

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
FlashHero said:
Looks like i need to upgrade...my GTX9800+ just aint gonna cut it for this game..i meet all the other specs though :).
still hits the required, and honestly the 9800 is such a beast of a card i'd be surprised if it didn't run it just fine

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, it's a UE3 game, if your pc can run Mass Effect 2, Unreal Tournament 3 and Borderlands without much trouble (like mine), then yes, you can run the game just fine.

I have a 9600GT, I know I won't be getting too many fps, but at least it will run decently at ~30 fps and that's just fine by me.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Wow, that's really low. Will play it on PS3 anyway, but it seems like a reasonable thing to add Steam version to my PC collection later on.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
uppitycracker said:
FlashHero said:
still hits the required, and honestly the 9800 is such a beast of a card i'd be surprised if it didn't run it just fine
True that..it has never let me down...i have yet to meet a game it hasn't ran at above normal settings yet...not even metro2033 on dx10 could keep it down :).

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Crap... these recommended specs have almost caught up to my year-old PC.

I can still run Crysis at Very High, though :D

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
psrdirector said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
(After the community has had a few months to make some Skyrim mods, like Full Leveling Scaling. Yes, I do totally want that back. I liked it...)
realy? that is the single biggest problom I have with Oblivion and why It sits on my shelf never getting played.
Mod it out. Your Escapist profile shows that you played Civ 5 on Steam. Surely you can run Oblivion on that PC.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Basically, if you can run any UE3 game (such as this free one [http://www.moddb.com/mods/prometheus/downloads/prometheus-v41-udk]), you can expect to run this at a similar graphical quality.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
FlashHero said:
uppitycracker said:
FlashHero said:
True that..it has never let me down...i have yet to meet a game it hasn't ran at above normal settings yet...not even metro2033 on dx10 could keep it down :).
yeah until mine died a couple weeks ago, everything i played on it i was able to max settings out with great results. granted i dont always play the most graphically intensive games, but black ops and mafia 2 were easily maxed out, as well as a few others.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
FlashHero said:
I've been getting by with an 8800GT (the 256MB version at that) for years now... about bloody time to upgrade, me thinks!

While I'm about it, those new i5 2 series chips are looking sweet - I might just have to completely over-haul my tower :D Wait, that's like £1000...

Shit.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
FlashHero said:
I have the same card, I honestly think there is another year or two to squeeze out of it. I don't know about yours but I clocked mine up a bit and still runs anything on high and I'll usually tolerate games up to medium. The point where I invest in a new card I when I have to drop it anywhere below medium.
Even though it's a great card it is such a shame they discontinued the card so early in its life span, always planned to just buy another one when my rig couldn't handle high and SLI 2 cards, but I haven't been able to find a distributor of the card.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Thats pretty low. I am pleased that good looking games are becoming more optimized for lower end systems.

I was amazed when my laptop was able to play Mass Effect 2 smoothly, so this should go fine.