Crysis 2 Will Be "Similar" On 360, PS3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Crysis 2 Will Be "Similar" On 360, PS3

Crytek [http://www.crytek.com/] CEO Cevat Yerli says that while Crysis 2 will push both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to their limits, he doesn't think gamers will see any real difference between the two.

Crysis 2 will be Crytek's Xbox 360 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92092-Crysis-2-Goes-Multi-Platform] counterpart but Yerli said that while both versions of the game would "perform to their limits," he didn't expect to see any significant differences between the two.

"Between Consoles and PC I see a difference," he told Develop [http://www.developmag.com/interviews/497/E3-Interview-Crytek]. "The PC version will outscale and outperform the consoles. Between each console I believe the experience will be finally both next-generation, but similar experience."

More than 150 people are working on the project and development of all three versions is taking place simultaneously. Pre-production on the game started about two years ago and Yerli said that despite the multiplatform development, he hopes Crysis 2 will take less time to complete than the original.

"Our mindset, goal and approach was to look at deliver the best FPS when we ship, not just for a specific platform," he said. "So that approach won't be different, just this time the challenge is not only to lead, but to make sure that our leading FPS is accessible and enjoyable by the widest possible audience possible."

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Ah, at least he has confirmed that the Pc version is not going to be a dumbed down version.
And as for the claims the console versions wont see a different, i can smell a flame war smouldering away.

Ligisttomten

Sep 20, 2004
I'm glad they wont dumb down the PC version, like a lot of people do when making it for consoles also.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Yay now the consoles can get an overhyped dull tech demo with a generic and plot crappy AI but very nice foliage.

I think I will be avoiding this like the plague seen as how bad the first was.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Why are people confusing 'dumbing down' with simplifying graphics?

I was under the impression that the first Crysis wasn't even that complex.

Jman1236

Jul 29, 2008
The way the CEO made that sound, you think it means that the game will cause more RROD than ever.

Still I'm glad to finally see the series on consoles so I don't have to buy a $5,000 computer and still have to submerge the CPU in liquid nitrogen just to get it to run on medium.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Mazty said:
Yeah to be expected, but there were noticeable differences in the particle effects between the 360 and PS3, really noticeable differences, as the PS3 had much better volumetric smoke and particle effects.
I agree with this, although the PS3's poor anti aliasing always irritates me.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
After watching a comparison video, I'd say the differences are minimal, at best.
They both look and seem to perform excellent. Anyone saying otherwise is either needlessly nit-picking or is a fanboy who can't stomach the thought of another system being good.

I'm excited about this coming to consoles! The modified Cry Engine in Far Cry 2 looked stellar, so it'll be great to see what the guys who actually made the engine will do with it!

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
So he basically admits to making a pair of shitty ports in order to trick some unsuspecting buyers out of their cash?

At least he's being honest, unlike treyarch and their wii version of cod5.

Something i found funny was how much the picture fits the article. the guns pictured are the most unnecessary addition to your arsenal added in Warhead under the motto of "Brand New Weapons!", being a downgrade from your starting pistol.