Amazon (Temporarily) Unveils GotY New Vegas

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon (Temporarily) Unveils GotY New Vegas

A Game of the Year version of Fallout: New Vegas has made a fleeting appearance on the Web, though it's back in stealth mode, now.

It was only a matter of time before the Game of the Year edition of Fallout: New Vegas was due to come out. The first glimpse of this version of the game has finally been spotted on the Web, but only for a brief moment. Earlier today, Amazon had the edition available for pre-order, but the page has since been taken down.

The pre-order listed the game at £20.62. However, the page didn't include any details about what content would be included. That said, it's probably safe to assume that all the updates/patches (so that it will, y'know, actually run without crashing) and DLC for the game would be included. Theoretically that means that at least the Dead Money expansion would be a part of the title.

Of course, the fact that <a href=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-New-Vegas--Game-Year/dp/B004Q7D9M4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1303120637&sr=8-4>Amazon's already taken the page for the game down puts the game's status back in the "it'll eventually happen, but we don't know when" category. Of course, the GotY edition will eventually hit the markets, but exactly when this will be, what it will include, and how much it will cost remains to be seen.

Source: VG247 via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-18-fallout-new-vegas-game-of-the-year-ed>Eurogamer

Woem

May 28, 2009
Google was fast enough to cache the page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ArRO44QIf2cJ:www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-New-Vegas-Game-Year/dp/B004Q7D9M4+http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallout-New-Vegas--Game-Year/dp/B004Q7D9M4/ref%3Dsr_1_4%3Fie%3DUTF8%26qid%3D1303120637%26sr%3D8-4&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.google.com

Fallout: New Vegas
by Bethesda
Platform: PC | Edition: Game of the Year Edition

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
Was New Vegas anyone's game of the year? If it wasn't, can they release a GotY edition?
Seriously... Was this game GotY in any sense of the word? I don't think anyone made this Game of the Year... While it can be a fun game, I seem to remember A LOT of hate on it

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
I am perplexed...F3's goty edition had all five dlcs included with the game. NV has only released one dlc and another one coming soon, that's only 2 addons so far. I was going to pick up nV this summer, now Im not sure if I should wait or not...

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
AstylahAthrys said:
Was New Vegas anyone's game of the year? If it wasn't, can they release a GotY edition?
I'm gonna go ahead and ask the same thing, did anyone actually name New Vegas GOTY? ._.

Woem

May 28, 2009
AstylahAthrys said:
Was New Vegas anyone's game of the year? If it wasn't, can they release a GOTY edition?
That's a really good question. New Vegas did in fact not get a GOTY award. They only got IGN's "Most Bang for Your Buck of 2010" award. Fallout 3 however did get a couple of GOTY awards.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Bethesda reserves the right to slap "Game of the Year Edition" on all of its games, regardless of circumstance.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
AstylahAthrys said:
It's just a meaningless inflationary title used for promotion.

Apr 28, 2008
AstylahAthrys said:
Every game does this at one time or another.

And New Vegas was my game of the year. Easily.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Why? It sounds like there's not even going to be much add-on content for it. Just Dead Money and those other two that aren't out yet. Unless the next two will be massive...

I know people have told me they aren't going to have an add-on that lets us continue after the big battle, but man...that's disappointing to me. I hate ignoring the main story just to go explore some, it really pulls me out of the game. Good thing many of the side-quests are at least tangentially related to the main story.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
This is what I wait for with Bethesda games. Patched up as much as it can be with the DLC thrown in. Less headache and more game for less.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
AstylahAthrys said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
Seriously... Was this game GotY in any sense of the word? I don't think anyone made this Game of the Year... While it can be a fun game, I seem to remember A LOT of hate on it
Crazycat690 said:
I'm gonna go ahead and ask the same thing, did anyone actually name New Vegas GOTY? ._.
Game of the Year Edition doesn't have anything to do with being named Game of the Year. It's just the new industry label for bundles of the base game and DLC.

That said, it does seem weird that they would have one so early when all the DLC isn't out yet. But they did take it down, so maybe it isn't out for a while which would make more sense.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I've lend my ps3 copy around and I don't care if it ever comes back: I thought that thing would break my console for sure.

If I do get goty (and the next few DLC packs will have to really be something for me to do that), I'll get it for the PC.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
So...it'll have New Vegas and Dead Money? Huh...no thanks, Bethesda, I already have that. Can you PLEASE bring out some new DLC. I know you have Skyrim coming up and we're all looking forward to that, but come on!!!

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
I'm sure it was a least ONE gamers game of the year, christ people it wasn't that unpopular

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
It was my game of the year. Besides, Borderlands did the same thing.

Seems weird that they would put it up so early, with only like 1 DLC out.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
AstylahAthrys said:
This is what I'm wondering. I'm not sure how a game earns the "right" to a GotY edition. Do the publishers just look for some publication's endorsement? Do they need only one?