Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

If you love the Legend of Zelda series, these Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses will make you move to Greece.

If you're unfortunate enough to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, your copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D [http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Ocarina-Time-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B003O6E800/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304563888&sr=8-1] will not come with any kind of sparkly, wonderful pre-order bonus (for now). However, if you buy the game and live in Greece, you can get an assortment of the greatest Zelda pre-order bonuses ever. Or at least some really good ones.

Nintendo's Greek website recently unveiled a set of not one, not two, not three, not four, but five Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses for those that buy the game from www.nintendo.gr [www.nintendo.gr]. Let's start at the top: Deku Nuts. That's right, you could get a can of Deku Nuts straight from the Deku Tree, and they even come sealed with a pop-top.

[gallery=232]

Number two: an Ocarina of Time 3D DS case. Not quite as cool as the Nuts, but still better than a handful of nothing. Numbers three and four: an Ocarina of Time 3D hat in Link-green and an Ocarina of Time 3D keychain. See number two for opinion.

The fifth is arguably the best of the bunch: a real world Ocarina of Time ocarina that pre-orderers can use to change day to night, warp around the world, or call a horse to their side. To be fair, it could just be a replica that doesn't do any of those things, or even play music at all, but a boy can dream.

The ocarina, Deku Nuts, and DS case are limited to a certain quantity, so only some of those that pre-order will get their hands on these goodies. However, anyone in Greece that complains about getting just an ocarina should be locked in the Water Temple for eternity.

Things look bleak right now, but there's always the chance that a selection of the five will make it to other regions sometime in the near future. If at least one doesn't come to North America, I swear Nintendo, I'll just... continue to buy your products and be somewhat sadder than if one did. Don't try me.

Source: GoNintendo [http://www.nintendo.gr/el-gr/News.aspx?ElementID=52ca68ee-eeac-439b-8fe8-2423c7021227]

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
The hat was pretty cool.

other hten that though I dont feel like moving ot a country with a crippling economy bordering on falling apart, thank you.

We get enough of that in America. XD

War Pony

Feb 19, 2010
Oh, I actually thought it was a floppy green windsock that made up the hat, not a cap.

But the rest are cool too!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
War Pony said:
Oh, I actually thought it was a floppy green windsock that made up the hat, not a cap.

It seems like an apalling oversight to offer just a silly brimmed cap when they could instead have offered proper Link caps, and made an absolute fortune in selling hats.

Kinda like TF2.

Incidentally, what the hell are they offering as "real-life deku nuts"? o_O

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Cool, cool; just one question. Of all places....why Greece? That's such a random choice. I mean I'm not knocking it or anything; it's a beautiful country and the world would be up shit creek without it in the history books. Still I have to wonder; did Miyamoto just tape a map to the wall and chuck a dart at it to make the decision?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I still don't see the appeal to buying the same game with higher res textures that's only playable on a smaller screen.

There's already HD mods for Zelda: OoT this just doesn't sell me.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Damn, nice swag. Get that to US preorders and I might just give you some money for this after all, Nintendo. I am usually powerless to resist sweet caps like that.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Couldn't we just... Have it shipped to the US? Most online stores do international shipping. What's stopping us from having it shipped to the US?

War Pony

Feb 19, 2010
Andronicus said:
War Pony said:

It seems like an apalling oversight to offer just a silly brimmed cap when they could instead have offered proper Link caps, and made an absolute fortune in selling hats.

Kinda like TF2.

If the proper caps were offered, I'd preorder the game despite not owning a 3DS. And then don it in hopes it won't pop off from the sneezing fit that would occur from dusting off the N-64.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Andronicus said:
War Pony said:

Kinda like TF2.

Let's just say that, if the Deku Tree wasn't genderless before, he most certainly is now.

*EDIT* Also, I would have done UNSPEAKABLE things to get a true legend of Zelda conical cap. Alas...