Grecian Zelda 3D Pre-Order Bonuses Infused With Tri-Force Power

carpenter20m

Nov 9, 2009
It seems that Nintendo feels sorry for us and wants us to have the best pre-order bonuses. In any case, I have never owned a Nintendo console (I was a Sega kid and now I'm a PC gamer), so I've never played any Zelda games (though I do have the opinion that we should be calling them Link games), so I won't be getting this.

I assume nobody here trusts me enough to give me the money for ordering and shipping Ocarina of Time for him, so I won't put that into the table. Besides, the limited quantities make the risk not worth it.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The orcarina looks really cheap :( I hope special edition bonuses dont turn into mcdonalds toys.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
tehweave said:
Couldn't we just... Have it shipped to the US? Most online stores do international shipping. What's stopping us from having it shipped to the US?
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'd assume Region Locking.
Everything past the original DS and DS lite are region locked, so North America is screwed out if importing is your plan. Unless you buy a European 3DS. But then you'd be stuck importing all your games.
Kalezian said:
awww, I would of said "best pre-order bonus ever" if the hat was actually Link's hat and the ocarina was actually playable.

Oh well, not the best pre-order bonus ever, but damn near close.
My thoughts exactly. Link's hat and an ocarina that isn't a cheap plastic toy would pretty much be the best pre-order bonuses ever. Unless they were offering me actual Tri-Force powers.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
The hat is a bit silly, doesnt even look cool. As others have said they should have made it Link's actual hat like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zelda-cosplay-Twilight-Princess-Link-Hat-Costume-/330540079418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5b9593a

I think the ocarina will be playable, if anything it looks more complex than an actual working Zelda ocarina: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-OCARINA-TIME-REPLICA-LEGEND-ZELDA-SONGSHEET-/310314978187?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item484036cb8b

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
internetzealot1 said:
But why Greece?
Exactly what I was thinking, it's not like the Greeks are exactly well known for their love of gaming. BTW i looked up greece and video games and this is what I got

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1040-956357.html

although I doubt the validity of it and besides it is from 2002.

Still why Greece and not say Belgium?

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Snotnarok said:
I still don't see the appeal to buying the same game with higher res textures that's only playable on a smaller screen.

There's already HD mods for Zelda: OoT this just doesn't sell me.
You don't see the appeal of something that's blatantly untrue?

Goodness me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the whole game has been remodeled from scratch, Master Quest is included and improved upon, and brand new features have been promised.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
tehweave said:
Couldn't we just... Have it shipped to the US? Most online stores do international shipping. What's stopping us from having it shipped to the US?
Preorder it for the stuff then buy the normal game where you live.

Kiltguy

Lurker extraordinaré
Jan 23, 2011
As much as I love Zelda games (read: "Legend of Zelda", "a link to the past", "Ocarina", "Wind waker", and "Twillight Princes ), I'll think I'll pass on this.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
tehweave said:
If I'm reading the website right, the Greek version costs 51 Euro which is about $70 US. Kind of expensive.
It's a collectors edition that is pretty much what one would cost here anyway.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
JediMB said:
Snotnarok said:
I still don't see the appeal to buying the same game with higher res textures that's only playable on a smaller screen.

Goodness me.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the whole game has been remodeled from scratch, Master Quest is included and improved upon, and brand new features have been promised.
Nice condescending tone, drop the shield Nintendo doesn't need defending, they're a powerful multimillion dollar company like MS and Sony.

My apologizes if you don't find my opinion on the game to your tastes but, the gamecube port looks far more appealing than this, or the PC 'port' with mods, and it won't cost 300 dollars to play and you can play it on a nice big screen.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Snotnarok said:
JediMB said:
Snotnarok said:

Goodness me.

Nice condescending tone, drop the shield Nintendo doesn't need defending, they're a powerful multimillion dollar company like MS and Sony.

My apologizes if you don't find my opinion on the game to your tastes but, the gamecube port looks far more appealing than this, or the PC 'port' with mods, and it won't cost 300 dollars to play and you can play it on a nice big screen.
Oh, yes, I'm very good at the condescending tone thing. I do that when people blurt out blatantly false statements as if they were facts. It's not about defending Nintendo, but about hammering down ignorance.

The 3DS version will have everything the original had and more. Personally I'm also hoping for an updated battle system comparable to The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Regardless, it is superior to all other versions, and if you have some sort of bias against handheld gaming... that's your problem and doesn't have any bearing on the 3DS version's superiority.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
spectrenihlus said:
tehweave said:
If I'm reading the website right, the Greek version costs 51 Euro which is about $70 US. Kind of expensive.
It's a collectors edition that is pretty much what one would cost here anyway.
It's $30 more than the game here in the US, and if you add the two together, that's $110 for a copy of a game you can't play, a copy you can, and a little swag. Not really worth it, if you ask me. It would be nice if they bring the swag to the US.
Didn't say it was worth it or not just giving an option.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
JediMB said:
Snotnarok said:
JediMB said:
Snotnarok said:

Goodness me.

Oh, yes, I'm very good at the condescending tone thing. I do that when people blurt out blatantly false statements as if they were facts. It's not about defending Nintendo, but about hammering down ignorance.

The 3DS version will have everything the original had and more. Personally I'm also hoping for an updated battle system comparable to The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. Regardless, it is superior to all other versions, and if you have some sort of bias against handheld gaming... that's your problem and doesn't have any bearing on the 3DS version's superiority.
Yes I'm stupid because I don't agree on your opinion nor do I have the intelligence to see the minor touch ups in a port for a 250 dollar system.

No I haven't a thing against Nintendo or handhelds, GBASP happens to be one of my favorite handhelds. But personally I can't see myself spending that much money on a port with touched up visuals when there's better versions (in my opinion) to play. The GBA Zelda port of the SNES title had more going for it because A- you could also play it on the TV, and B they added in a multilayer function, C- it was cheaper than the options.

Think all you want that the 3DS version is better, that's fine for you to think and perfectly okay for you to voice your opinion on. But don't go telling me that me thinking another version is better is wrong. It's an opinion and if you're going be a condescending child to someone having a different opinion on a video game you're obsessed.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Knowing shops like GAME or HMV they probably WILL have a pre order bonus stuff hopefully they have the ocarina since the proper one is quite expensive.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Snotnarok said:
Yes I'm stupid because I don't agree on your opinion nor do I have the intelligence to see the minor touch ups in a port for a 250 dollar system.
No, ignorance and stupidity are not the same thing. Ignorance is the condition of being uninformed.

Anyway, I have a cold and a terrible headache, so I'll spare you any more of my thoughts, 'k?

Tanneseph

May 2, 2011
As a musician -and- video game aficionado, I feel compelled to share with you the joy of my favorite ocarina-makers, Songbird Ocarina. They are gorgeous, play well and with a sweet tone, and have a nice spread of prices. Their Zelda line is especially worth a peeksy: https://www.songbirdocarina.com/zelda-ocarinas

Sorry my first post here is basically an ad, but it makes me sad that they would include a non-working ocarina, when a -working- plastic one can be so cheap and easy. Not that my link directs you right to that, but if you look around the site you'll see what I mean.

Otherwise.... I would be happy with just that case as a pre-order bonus!