Ozzy Osbourne Heralds Gears of War 3 Campaign Trailer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ozzy Osbourne Heralds Gears of War 3 Campaign Trailer

Gears of War's war pigs are back to settle the score with the Locust once and for all.

Gears of War 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Gears-War-Triple-Pack-Xbox-360/dp/B004JSDQPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1306705139&sr=8-1] campaign trailer gives us a first look at what the game will throw at players.

To start, main protagonist Marcus Fenix's father needs a helping hand, if he's even still alive. Fenix and crew receive a message from Fenix Sr., which will obviously linger in Fenix's mind as he tries to survive the new horrors of Gears of War 3.

And horrors they certainly are. Massive beasts with glowing blood and muscle-bound freaks with tentacles are just a couple of the new Locust creatures players will have to dispatch on their quest to "finish" the horde. The trailer also shows off Gears of War 3's new underwater environments which will put players behind the controls of a submersible.

Gears of War 3 will be available for the Xbox 360 on September 20, 2011.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
That trailer is surprisingly bad. I know the others are completely bullshit in regards to the actual games but they're well made at least. In that the music doesn't work, and the actual footage doesn't build up properly or anything.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I smiled when I heard that distinctive intro.

Looks damn cool. Still don't know if it's a launch purchase though.

Generals gathered in their masses...

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
I prefer these types of trailers

Since then the saddest song of the 21st century has become synominous with the most violent xbox game of the 21st century.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
That certainly looks pretty cool.

It's a shame I no longer have a 360 and it's not coming for PC...

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
OH GOD. THE MANLINESS. IT OVERWHELMS ME.
Why do the guys with less armour last longer than the guys with more?

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Woodsey said:
That trailer is surprisingly bad. I know the others are completely bullshit in regards to the actual games but they're well made at least. In that the music doesn't work, and the actual footage doesn't build up properly or anything.
Also, isn't War Pigs an ANTI-WAR protest song from the Vietnam era? Maybe it's meant to be ironic, or something, but I don't get it.

xILLxChronic

Jan 20, 2010
Oh look, an artist that hasn't been relevant for decades advertising for a developer who is so smug even atheists tell him to go tell hell. Surely, this will be the game that defines our lives.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010

Far better trailer in my opinion.

Nooners said:
Woodsey said:
Also, isn't War Pigs an ANTI-WAR protest song from the Vietnam era? Maybe it's meant to be ironic, or something, but I don't get it.
Homefront used Jefferson Airplane's 'Volunteers', a very anti-war song in their trailer for a resistance movement in America, so I think they're either going for irony or just whatever sounds cool.

Numachuka said:
OH GOD. THE MANLINESS. IT OVERWHELMS ME.
Why do the guys with less armour last longer than the guys with more?
Rule of the main character: as long as you see their face, they're more likely to survive then faceless extras. Hell, even Warhammer 40k does it.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
While I love War Pigs, and have a soft spot for Gears, I really think this trailer could've been more effective. Especially as a campaign trailer, as we literally learn one thing about the story "Adam Fenix may be alive" and then there's just a flurry of gameplay imagery in what appears to be no particular order. It could have done with more dialogue or atmosphere build up in my opinion.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
it's certainly a change from their previous trailers, i'd like to say it got me interested but considering i'm a fan of the games already it hasn't really changed much. I had already figured old man Fenix was going to be in it from the previous two games. Though, him potentially alive I didn't forsee.

Either way looks like a blast and will be my go to game for a long time as I love the sound of a lancer revving.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerers of death's construction
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'til their judgement day comes
Yeah!

Now in darkness world stops turning
Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees the war pig's crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing spreads his wings
Oh lord yeah!

It's actually kind of ironic, since war pigs is anti-war.

pokepuke

Dec 28, 2010
It's a shame that such good music has to be used to make a game like this exciting. It's practically the other trailer with music laid on top.

Also, yeah... are Fenix et al. the war pigs?

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
CannibalRobots said:
CommanderKirov said:
Say what you want about Cliffy B... But he understand 85% of male gamers...
There's a difference between understanding homophobic retards and playing that song to a gears game without the slightest hint of irony.
Got to agree. It's rather insulting to the male gender to think all we want is violence and big manly guns. Personally I've never liked the Gears franchise. Gameplay is good but I found the story lacking and the writing laughable at times.