Sony Announces PlayStation Store's Triumphant Return

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sony Announces PlayStation Store's Triumphant Return

Sony has broken out its defibrillation paddles to shock the the PlayStation Store back into action.

Sony already a sophisticated intrusion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110055-Sony-Restores-the-PlayStation-Network], but the PlayStation Store remains offline. Not for long, says Sony, which recently put out a press release stating that the PlayStation Store will be back up this week.

A technicalities [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110212-Sony-Memo-Reveals-Schedule-for-PlayStation-Store-Revival], Sony may have a ways to go before restoring full service to the entirety of Asia, though PSN sign-in and online play were recently returned to the region.

This means that PSN users will soon be able to purchase games, redeem codes, pick-up DLC, and use Qriocity music services once again. Qriocity Video on Demand is to return at a later date, but otherwise, this means that the PSN will be back in action as it was before the attack. Also, don't forget to download your Welcome Back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110095-Sonys-PSN-Apology-Includes-Free-Games] bonuses Sony promised earlier.

All in all, the PlayStation Store has been down for 6 weeks, at great cost [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110285-PSN-Attack-to-Cost-Sony-At-Least-170-Million] to Sony and its partners. For those that earn a living off of sales generated from digital downloads, it's been a long-awaited comeback.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I'm a bit upset that it is coming out so late...(I mean, that's...what? Three days before inFamous 2 comes out? I won't even have time to sleep if I want to get 50% of the cores and beat inFamous before then.)

But at least it is coming back. Hopefully we'll be able to put this whole nightmare behind us and maybe PEOPLE WILL LEAVE SONY ALONE THIS TIME.

Edit: $5 says that the PSN Store will crash shortly after coming online from the massive traffic they'll be getting.

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
As someone who dosen't even own a PS3. I hope it come up on time and stays up. People have had to suffer for others actions long enough.

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Woohoo Infamous, Wipeout, Modnation, and another PSP game can be added to my list of games to play before I buy anymore.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I'd imagine a lot of people are happy for this, but I'm pretty sure sales will be less than what they'd want them to be all around as I'd be people are hesitant to buy stuff off of the store given the reason it was down. Although there are those pre-paid PSN cards you can get from Gamestop and such.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Alright! Now I can soon get the free games thus making my PSP useful again.

I just hope it doesn't crash when it reopens due to traffic.

Mischlings

Feb 18, 2011
In case Tom sees this...

"Sony's official word is that it'll be brought back up worldwide, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea, by June 4."

Should be "July 4" at the end.

TheCrownlessKing

Mar 18, 2011
Well that sucks, because I can't seem to log into PSN due to an Error.

Edit: Nevermind, it just logged me in at random.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
LightspeedJack said:
Still won't let me on.
Did you even read the article? This is not an announcement to say that it's back up and working now. Unless you live in Japan, Hong Kong or South Korea, you'll be getting it June 4th.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
wow sony thats brill epic achivement great service. gimme free shit now.
thats my 2 pence. (ironically what i have in my Steam Wallet)

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Finally, I want my free stuff. Hopefully those hackers will go fall off of a mountain into a bear's mouth.